Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer

alireno

Dudley\'s PCA Moisture Retainer

I was speaking to my aunt about all of the wonderful info on this site and she wanted me to ask you if any of you have had experience with this product. If so, what did it do or not do for your hair? Thanks!

hiddy3

Re: Dudley\'s PCA Moisture Retainer

I want to hear more experiences with this product too. I know there are a couple of people that use it, I just can't remember whom.

Pallas

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I love this product! I use it every day on damp hair after my conditioner wash. Petrolatum is the 4th ingredient, but it doesn't seem to have any adverse effects on my hair...

I've seen it priced between $10 and $13. I wish I could find a cheaper alternative...

Kitkat

This is good stuff! It's one of my hair staples. It has a wet consistency, like conditioner, but it leaves hair very soft. For that reason, I tend to use it at nite. If you take out rollers in the morning and use this, it will loosen the curls. This may or may not be a good thing, depending on what you want. But I love Moisture Retainer! Definitely an A+. Come to think of it, I'm gonna use some before I turn in tonite.

Buy it, buy it, buy it!
You can't go wrong.

CurleeDST

I have used other Dudley products in the far past and I had wonderful results. It made my hair very fluffy. It was permed at the time. I am looking to use this product on my 3-year old daughter's hair. Her hair is so fragile but very thick so I am looking for something to smooth the frizzies but conditions it so it strengthens her hair and keeps it strong.

Keen

I liked it. I didn't particularly like the way it makes my hair feel. It wet my hair. That didn't matter though because I was wearing my hair in a bun. I noticed less sheddings also when using that moisturizer compare to others. I would definetely recommend it. I've had great results with Dudley products.

I love this moisturizer!!!! It is light, has a wonderful fragrance and leaves hair soft. Am I the only that thinks it smells like suntan lotion?

I use it generously every day on my ends. You can practcially saturate your ends with it at night and your hair will drink it up like h2o. It is not greasy by far.

It never weighs my hair down. I use it when I CW, in my baggie, and on dry hair.

I started trying it because it was the only moisturzer Cathy Howse vouched for before making her own product -- althought she put it down b/c it had protein in it and felt it made her hair hard from it.

I am very pleased with it by far!!

I love this moisturizer!!!! It is light, has a wonderful fragrance and leaves hair soft. Am I the only that thinks it smells like suntan lotion?

I use it generously every day on my ends. You can practcially saturate your ends with it at night and your hair will drink it up like h2o. It is not greasy by far.

It never weighs my hair down. I use it when I CW, in my baggie, and on dry hair.

I started trying it because it was the only moisturzer Cathy Howse vouched for before making her own product -- althought she put it down b/c it had protein in it and felt it made her hair hard from it.

I am very pleased with it by far!!

SUPER SWEET

I'm a big fan of dudley's products. My stylist suggested it for my fine hair. I get a mild relaxer and in between visit i moisturize with the PCA. I like but you can't use a lot. It really work to moisturize. I use it alot when im bunning too.The bottle is 14.00 :eek: but it last for almost a year for me. :up:

CurleeDST

Ladies thank you so much for all of the wonderful feedback. Now who is Catherine Howse? I used to use Dudley's when I permed my hair back in 1998 and I used the setting lotion to give me a "wet" look with my relaxed hair b/c I never wanted to wear it straight and curled. I LOVED IT! How are the other Dudley products like the pressing cream, etc.?

I am looking to use this moisturizer for my daughter's hair to retain moisture and maintain her length and manage her ends. Thanks again!

peacelove

Bumping this thread. I forgot about this product. I am going to purchase this again. My stylist used to use this on me way back when I had short hair that I wrapped. After my wrap, she would take a little bit of this and add a little bit of KeraCare oil to it and run it through my hair. It was fantastic. I have gone back to my beloved KeraCare oil and I think it is time to go back to PCA!

SparklingFlame

I guess I'm in the minority here. It just didn't do much for my hair. I used it back when I was relaxed and I didn't notice any great results. Actually none of Dudley's products worked wonders on my hair :confused:

Syrah

I've used it before.

Dudley's is great for the hair because it contains Glycerin (which attracts water molecules from the air and seals them into the hair follicle, meaning your hair stays "moist" longer). However, it also contains petrolatum (petroleum...oil) which is known for clogging the pores of the scalp and causing wet/sticky hair.

My hair is 3C/4A and not quite so coarse...when I used the Dudley's it left my hair feeling great at first but made my hair sticky as the day continued. However, my hair seemed to love it. I like having the Glycerin. But I think the petrolatum made my hair sticky.

My recommendation: it's definitely worth giving it a shot. I have yet to hear anyone say it did anything negative to their hair. The only complaint is the sticky feeling that some experienced.

disgtgyal

I actually started using this product after the UBH moisturizer recipe changed and it became watery. I have purchased the small bottle 3 times and i'll continue to buy it. I wet set my hair with it and i use a small amount every morning, if you use to much your hair will become very wet in other words a lil goes a long way. Next to the old UBH this is the best moisturizer. HTH

JJamiah

I use this almost every wash it definitely keep your hair moisturized for days. Sometimes I actually have to put it to the side because my hair comes over moisturized.
And a little does go a long way
Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

charmtreese

I haven't used dudley's, but I'm an absolute STAN for Ferm Moistuirizing Equalizer, which also contains PCA.

bellebebe

I love this stuff. I used it since I began my hhj in 07. I still have some, but its expired now, so I need to buy another one. It just makes the hair feel so hydrated.

Sent from my sexy phone.

winona

I have tried the PCA 1x and don't see the hype but I am pretty sure I may have used too much. I used it to set my hair so I put a lil on each piece vs the directions say use a lil on entire sections. I had a lot of success saturating my hair with leave ins in the past but if anyone has any suggestions about how they use it would be helpful. Btw I have thirsty 4b(mostly) 4a(perimeter) natural hair.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using LHCF

winona

[USER=31365 said:
bellebebe[/USER];17994745]I love this stuff. I used it since I began my hhj in 07. I still have some, but its expired now, so I need to buy another one. It just makes the hair feel so hydrated.

Sent from my sexy phone.

Are you relaxed/texlaxed/natural? How much do you use? TIA:grin:

winona

[USER=10041 said:
JJamiah[/USER];17616433]I use this almost every wash it definitely keep your hair moisturized for days. Sometimes I actually have to put it to the side because my hair comes over moisturized.
And a little does go a long way
Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

Hi :wave:
When you say a little do you mean the dime size they say on the bottle? How many dime sizes do you use and how many sections do you use? TIA:grin:

JJamiah

Between two and four sections...in two sections I use a nickel size per part...in four a dime size per section.

bellebebe

Are you relaxed/texlaxed/natural? How much do you use? TIA:grin:

winona
I'm currently natural, but when I first started using it, I was relaxed. I can't give you a response for how it works on natural hair because I do need to buy a new one, for the one I have is expired. However, when I was relaxed, IT WAS DEE CHIZZZ!!! it made my hair feel glorious.

Hairtender

I love PCA! I haven't used it in years. My first encounter was in the 90's. I wore braids and my mother had me moisturize my hair with PCA EVERY WEEK. She was a beautician. My hair was very short like the braider could only pinch my hair in the back to braid it.

Remember I was young so I had these braids in for 3 months.

By the time I took the braids out I had a soft, bouncy fro. My hair is 4b/4c. Oh it felt soooo good. And when my mother relaxed it, the part you could pinch was touching my shoulder.

Now that's what psing and PCA can do!

Now I done talked myself into buying me some!