Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer

Islandgirl

Dudley\'s PCA Moisture Retainer

I'm a bit confused about this product. The description says "this daily hair lotion is enriched with moisture-absorbing humectants and creamy emollients that soften and retain moisture in the hair shaft.

Why does it have hydrolyzed animal product as an ingredient? I'm confused because I thought a moisturizer shouldn't have protein in it. For the ladies that use this product do you use it as a daily moisturizer?

Thanks for your responses. I tried doing a search but I kept getting no matches. thanks again!

Tracy

Re: Dudley\'s PCA Moisture Retainer

YEP! And I love it to pieces. I use the PCA and then a little serum...

The hydrolyzed animal protein never bothered my hair, and I never notice any "protein symptoms" (brittleness, dryness) when I use it daily.

It makes my hair really soft, and supple and virtually eliminates dryness on my ends.

Islandgirl

thanks for your response tracy! i bought the PCA last wednesday, but i was thinking of returning it because i saw hydrolyzed protein as an ingredient. but if you said u didn't experience any protein symptoms, i may just give this product a try. thanks gain.

lunalight7

Check out Supergirl's thread on protein...she says that many daily-use products have safe amounts of protein....

miss_a

this product IS a certified keeper...I love Dudley's products...I truly do

A>

KinksnCurlz

Hmmm, i may give this one a try than... tra- u say it eliminates your dry ends COMPLETELY
That's something i think i could use.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I like this one, too. I discovered a cheaper alternative. Empress Moisturizing Retainer . I saw it on the shelf and recognized it from Skegeemsb's album.
It's not as thick as the Dudley's product... A 16 oz. bottle costs around $5 at Walmart and Eckerds. I think Walmart may stop carrying it because recently all the Empress products were half price.

The rest of the ingredients are:

biotin, methyparaben, carbomer, cetyl alcohol, propylparaben, triethanolamine, dmdm hydantoin, iodopropynl butylcarbamate, fragrance.

Tracy

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Hmmm, i may give this one a try than... tra- u say it eliminates your dry ends COMPLETELY
That's something i think i could use.

[/ QUOTE ]

valenciab

I use this product daily and I love it. It moisturizes my hair without leaving it heavy.

Lindy

How much are you all paying for your PCA?? I paid $9.99 for 8 oz. yesterday at the BSS. Pretty pricey, but it still comes out cheaper than the UBH Moisturizer ($8.00 + shipping)... I was hoping to buy a larger size, but there was none... does it come in a larger size than the 8 oz?? Thanks ladies...

Britt

Yes Lindy it comes in a bigger bottle. The bottle looks like its atleast 16oz.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
Islandgirl said:
i wasn't really impressed with this product. maybe i should give it more time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Islandgirl,
So far I'm not that impressed either... I think I like the UBH Moisturizer better. The Dudleys is "wetter", and doesn't seem to moisturize as well... I guess that was a waste of ten bucks...
I'll try using it on my wet hair for airdrying. I think I'll still have to repurchase the UBH, unless someone knows of a good substitute???

Islandgirl

i really want to try that ubh moisturizer, i had a hairbuddy recommend it to me since my hair is so thick and dry. she uses it and says its the best moisturizer.

So u like it also, hmmm that's a good sign (it seems to me like what works for you in the moisturizing department works for me too, lol). Cause i always used to use vitapointe and i remembered reading somewhere that you said vitapointe worked on your hair too for years. And I remember u weren't impressed with mango butter, and i wasn't impressed when i used it for the first time either (i now find that it works better on previously relaxed hair, a no no when i get major growth). I think i will look into this ubh moisturizer in the near future.

The search continues for the perfect moisturizer...

Lindy

Are you still using the Vitapointe, Islandgirl?? It's funny cuz I used to swear by it, for SO many years, but now I hardly use it anymore, because of the mineral oil. I'll only use it VERY sparingly for shine, and/or when I know I'll be washing my hair within the next day or two.

PrettyBrownEyes

The PCA didn't work out for me either, I have finally given it away. For some strange reason my hair felt "dry" when I tried using it.

Islandgirl

lindy, i did the same thing! when i came to this board and realized that mineral oil and petroleum were bad, i stopped using the vitapointe, and that's why my search for the perfect moisturizer started, lol. its so hard to find something that does not contain those ingredients that actually moisturize the hair (i know the pca has petroleum, i still don't know why i tried it, lol)