Paddle brush vs. wide toothed comb: Same results?

I'm thinking of getting a paddle brush to wrap my hair but I'm wondering, isn't it the same effect as using a v. wide toothed plastic comb?

I currently used a very wide toothed comb for hair wrapping and don't want to get a paddle brush if they both do the same thing. I'm just trying to see the main benefit of having a paddle brush ie. what makes it more beneficial.

I can see the benefit of a wide toothed comb for combing hair (wet or dry) which I do but why use a paddle brush for wrapping when the wide comb does it too?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Re: Paddle brush vs. wide toothed comb: Same resul

Hey There!

No, actually--the paddle brush will aid you in wrapping your hair smoother and tighter. I used to just use a wide tooth comb also until I saw my stylist do it with the brush, so I bought one of the brushes from her and it totally worked. It helped me to smooth better and lay my hair down better. I know that Sally's has paddle brushes for about $5.00 Give it a go!

Tracy

Re: Paddle brush vs. wide toothed comb: Same resul

I agree with Supergirl.

You can get them even cheaper at the rinky dink beauty supplies (like your local one) for about $1.99. I'm no expert wrapper - but if I didn't have this tool I'd have given up long ago.

hada7

Paddle brushes give Grrrrreat Massages too. My scalp gets stimulated and it certainly brushes the oils down from the scalp.

hada

Thanks girls for the advice, I got one last night and I immediately noticed a difference when I unwrapped today. The hair lies smoother and looks so much better than when using the wide toothed comb.

The prongs feel good on the scalp too. This is a 'wrap keeper!' and cheap too /images/graemlins/grin.gif