Ouidad Datangling comb, Sweet Almond Mint Lavender & Fig WEN Reviews

aquajoyice

Hi Ladies :)

I finally got my Ouidad Double Detangling comb in the mail yesterday. And even though I just washed my hair the day before with my Lavender WEN I also just recieved I wanted to try out my new comb and my Sweet Almond Mint WEN cleansing conditioner. So I washed my hair two days in row becuase I wanted to do reviews of them :lachen::grin::grin: I'm currently 14 weeks post texlax so I have good amount of new growth. Although since I just detangled the day before I knew it would be easier so there was a slight unfair advantage.

I typically don't detangle with a ton of conditioner in my hair normally becuase I tend ot loose more hair that way...not sure why. So I washed then added 2 pumps of wen as a leave in, coconut oil and my One & Only Argan oil for slip.

Here's my pros and cons of my Ouidad Detangling comb:

PRO:
-The weight helps to detangle the hair
-It did cut out a portion of the detangle time a little
-The double row helped to detangle from the bottom and then detangle from the top as well.
-It's gets those little tangles out really really well.
-Lost 10 hairs all together. *again I had washed and detangled the night before*

CON:
-After a while the constant lifting of the comb became a strain on my wrist. I probably should have detangled in sections, but I wanted to really put this comb to the test. So I did my entire head at once.
- It was harder for me to get through the larger tangles in my hair. So I used my Jilbere shower comb and gently worked them out. Not that it was better but just the constant lifting of the Ouidad was tiring out my wrist.
-There were a few ouch moments. I noticed it pulls my hair harder than the Jilbere. When working the shower comb through I get more a smoother detangling action even thought it takes longer. The Ouidad doesn't feel as smooth so there were moments I could feel a tug.

Overall:

I give it a B only becuase I didn't loose as many hairs as I normally do with the Jilbere. Even when my hair was recently detangled I would have still lost a good amount of hair. Not sure why since the Jilbere has a smoother feel when detangling than the Ouidad. I will definitely continue to use it, I just know that I have to take my hair in sections and strengthen up my wrist LOL. It does get heavy. It doesn't feel like it at first but after a while my wrist could tell the difference in weight. I'll post again once I try to detangle after a few days. That's when it will truly be put to the test.

Differences with Lavender, Sweet Almod Mint and Fig WEN Cleansing Conditioners:

First off I must say I am biased :yep::yep: I LOVE this stuff! It's like when I first discovered CON (Green Label) times 10! I get similar yet different results all at the same time.

I tried Fig First: Extremely moisturizing. If you have dry hair this is a great product. My hair gets super dry after so many years of not deep con or having a good moisturizer. I used it as a deep con, leave-in you name it and my hair felt so light, moisturized, creamy yet clean all at the same time. Your scalp feels fresh and tingly. It feels amazing :) Some don't like the smell, to me it's different. I've never had a Fig shampoo before, it's not bad just different.

Lavender: Talk about Calgon Take me Away! This one tingles more than the fig. It says it promotes healthy hair growth as well so that may be why it feels sooo good. At one point I just stood in the shower and closed my eyes. It's not as moisturizing as the Fig. But it stimulates your scalp like crazy. Your hair still has the same results as far as being light and moisturized. THis can be used on days your hair isn't extremely dry. Great to use after a long day :)

Sweet Almond Mint: I can see why this is one was universal. It's doesn't have any defining properties. It's really subtle, not too much tingle, not too much moisture it's a balance of all the others just not as strong. This can be used as an everyday cleanser. You get the same light, airy moist results just not as concentrated as the Fig or as fresh as the lavender.

Over all I'm loving it. I'm a lifetime customer of the Wen line :drunk::drunk:. Sorry so long :look::look:

sweetnlow06

Thanks so much for your post. Great assessment! I totally agree with you about the Fig and lavender, since those are the only ones I have used. I am currently using the Fig. I think I will go back to the lavender though since it was a lot lighter on my fine strands. Either one is great! I love WEN too!:yep:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I've been using the Fig but perhaps I should get the Lavender for more slip and moisture.

OP, do you like Lavender or Fig better?

aquajoyice

I've been using the Fig but perhaps I should get the Lavender for more slip and moisture.

OP, do you like Lavender or Fig better?

I can honestly say I love all 3equally lol. Since my hair needs different things at different times they all work well. I love the way my scalp feels with the lavender but if I was forced to use only one it would be the fig. The moisture your hair gets is amazing!

tnorenberg

Maybe they should be promoting the comb as a detangling comb and an arm toner...the latest rave in getting sexy arms. :lachen::grin:

danigurl18

I definately want this comb! I got a Sephora gift card for my birthday so that's my next buy! Thanks for the review :)

vevster

For me I have to give the ouidad comb a thumbs up because the weight of it helps me detangle and flatten the CROWN of my head.

Its good!