OMG!! Ouidad Double Detangler Comb...MAJOR PRODUCT RAVE!!!

Jade Feria

Ok, so here's the situation... I am currently 17 weeks post tex-lax, so you know the new growth is poppin and has a mind of its own. To keep it under control, I co-wash 2-3 times a week. Whenever I co-wash,wash, DC, etc, whatever, I always have to re-apply conditioner to get the rest of the tangles out of my hair...especially in the middle from the crown to the nape area since that's where the tight coils reside and join forces against the detangling proces.

So earlier tonight, my friend, now roommate (who has natural 3c/4a hair and lurks here and on naturallycurly.com) told me about this Ouidad comb that was the best comb ever. She brought it over to me to show me: http://images.ouidad.com/images/products/92009.gif and I kinda gave it the side eye like, "What is that? Why is it so heavy?" (It has some weight to it, but still comfortable to hold). She said, "I don't know, but it's the best."

Later on I told her I was going to co-wash. She said, "Here, take the comb." So I did. Before I got into the shower, I took my bun down and kinda ran my fingers through (the tex-laxed parts..no way they were getting through the jungle of NG that's going on), but I didn't really detangle it. I got into the shower, wet my hair, applied my Aussie Moist throughout as usual, and let it sit whilst I did my showerly duties. Then I ran a little water through my hair, ran the Ouidad Double Detangler through a COUPLE of times, and....

:drool::drool::drool::drool::gorgeous::gorgeous: :love2:

That thing just eased on down the kinky coily brick road with NO EFFORT! NO. EFFORT. Usually at this point I'm running my Jilbere comb several times (gently, of course) and applying more conditioner to get the same detangling effect. And usually at this point, my Jilbere comb has quite a few of my shed hairs stuck to to it, where the Ouidad had NONE. Ok, maybe one. And usually at this point, I would have seen much of my hair go down the drain after detangling with the Jilbere, but with the Ouidad, it was considerably less! Normally at this point, I might have had a couple of knots to coax out (especially with this new growth), but with the Ouidad, it was a NON-ISSUE. I only had to run it through my hair a few times and the whole thing was detangled. I am in LOVE! :hug2:

Yes, the comb is $24, it's big and has some weight to it (maybe that's why it works so well!), but it is so, so SOOOOOO definitely worth the investment! Now there's no way I'm going back to my regular shower comb. I could have saved so much hair if I had this comb all along. Luckily for me, I can save some time and money now by using my roommate's comb (she said I can use it any time. YESSSS!), but I will most definitely be getting one of my own. It works GREAT! This comb has seriously changed my life.

Jade Feria

She got it from the website: www.ouidad.com. Sephora also carries it on their website..you mighit have to call your local store to find out if they have it there. Also, Amazon and HSN have it on their websites too.

Yes tnorenberg, put that at the TOP of your list!

It's so crazy how the right tools can make such a HUGE difference.

Jade Feria

I hope it will work well on a 4a/b natural with crazy thick hair. What do you think, OP?

Thanks for this post!!!

cj
I'm sure it will work, because that's the same texture as my roots. I have a little over 2 inches of NG right now.

Here's one of the reviews from the website:
Reviewed By: Aaren

I am VERY impressed with this product. I have very kinky, type 4ab hair, and it can be hard to detangle even with deep conditioning and my Moisture Lock. This doesn't glide through but it certainly gets through the hair quickly and efficiently. My detangling time really has been cut down significantly, and I find that I have less knots when I go through my hair. EXCELLENT product!

cch24

If you're looking for a cheaper alternative check out the Mebco Shower Detangling comb at Sally's.

Jade Feria

If you're looking for a cheaper alternative check out the Mebco Shower Detangling comb at Sally's.
I have that comb! I found my Jilbere to work better when it came to shower combing and detangling. And you already know how I feel about my Jilbere now. I think it's counterproductive because the teeth are so close together.

Amcd

I JUST promised myself I would not be ordering anything anytime soon. I just need to get off of the computer.

chebaby

i started to buy this refreshing mist they had and a leave in conditioner but i passed on it. after i use some stuff up i may take a closer look at things.

Jewell

Thanks, Jade Feria for shouting out this comb. I'd seen it once, but never heard/read any reviews on it. I think I'm gonna give it a whirl myself! I'm 6 mos post tex-lax, so I could definitely use extra help in the detangling department (takes 20 mins on average, and thats in 4 sections). I too was using the shower comb in the shower, and it does AIGHT, but nothing spectacular. My current go-to is a super large wide-tooth comb by Goody. I have also used double-row detangling combs in the past, and they work wonders!! I had one by Goody, but teeth broke off in my hair last year (HA HA), and I haven't replaced it. I'm gonna get another one, and pick up this one by Ouidad. Thanks again, OP.

Jewell

these both remind me of the old fashioned "hair rakes" we used on afros in the 70/80s..

Yeah, me too! This is what my current detangling comb by Goody looks like, without the curved handle. Also, its completely rubber. I was thinking of trying a comb like in the pic ^.

joytimes10

Wow. I'm stopping by Sephora to look for this. I have no patience for detangling. So any help would be most appreciated. This is not a want, this is a need, at least for me.