ORS Olive oil Moisturizer?

blackberry1913

Has anyone tried this product, how was it? Or is S- curl better. I have heard alot things about S-Curl but I am apprehensive about using curl activator on relaxed hair.

beana3

blackberry, i have used both and i dont think they compare at all. in my opinion the scurl had a more softening effect on my hair, the moisture really lasts w/ this!
The ORS olive oil moist. is kinda thick and gets really greasy. I purachsed a sam,ple and thick i'll finish it off when i wear my hair loose.
they're both used very differently. check around for sample of the olive oil moist before you spend big money buying it!

Daughter

UK Blak
I found the ORS Olive Oil greasy, it contains mineral oil if I recall correctly.

Edited to add: I haven't tries S-curl...

beana3

the lotion version is greasy as well, but the sample i have does not list mineral oil or petroleum as one of the ingredients. It does contain cyclomethicone though.

cocobrwn20

hi!! im new..(well, actually i've been a lurker for quite a while and i'm just deciding to post) i have the ors olive oil in the lotion version. it is a little greasy, but my hair is fine, thin, whatever you wanna call it, so just about anything i put on it is kinda greasy. anyway, i like it, it keeps my hair soft.

JenJen2721

I tried a sample size of the new lotion ORS Olive Oil Moisturizer and I have to say I liked it. It worked well on my hair dry; it made it quite soft although a little greasy. On wet hair, it made my hair a little stiff once dry. I wonder why??? I think I'll continue to use it on my dry nape area. Only when the hair is dry though.

ny2atl

Hey JenJen... that's wierd that your wet hair doesn't like it because my wet hair loves it!!!
I put some on my hair after I wash it and it dries very soft. That's the only time that I use it. I do agree that it is too greasy otherwise.

JenJen2721

Hmmm, that's interesting Ny2Atl. Maybe it's because I'm 6 weeks past my last relaxer. My hair starts behaving differently when I need a touch-up. Maybe I'll try it on wet hair after I get a relaxer.
Thanks for letting me know!

renromeo1

I have been using it for the past month and it my hair has a nice sheen and feels a lot smoother as well. I think it gets too greesy it I put too much.

Ire_manzi

S-Curl is better for my hair. It kept my hair sooooo soft and moisturised. On the other hand the olive oil moisturised my hair for about 30 mins. to an hour and dried my hair out, so stopped using it.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]

Is this the new one in the bottle? I wanted to buy it one time, but noticed that it had protein. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is the one in the bottle. I don't recall that it has protein. I remember the first ingredient is coconut oil. It also has olive oil and a couple of 'cones. I'll look at the bottle when I get home though.

marabou1

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Is this the new one in the bottle? I wanted to buy it one time, but noticed that it had protein. Am I wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is the one in the bottle. I don't recall that it has protein. I remember the first ingredient is coconut oil. It also has olive oil and a couple of 'cones. I'll look at the bottle when I get home though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, thank you. I really want to know if it does.

soaries

I hated it, too darn thick! I am a product junkie, and I also hate throwing money away. Sooo, what I do with all products I hate, I put it in a spray bottle, add water, and oil and use it up!

ngaa

i triedit a lil while age and actually liked it!! back then i was still transitionin and because my natural hair was not behavin itself at all i was runnin out of ideas so i tried the old ors in the jar and it softened my hair for the whole day and combin because less painful for me.....however compared to the s curl the moisturise the same except that s c url remains quite sticky afterwards and with no shine whilst the olive oil leaves hair quite greasy but shiny.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]

Yes, thank you. I really want to know if it does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Marabou, I saw the full sized bottle at Sally's this evening and I looked at the trial size bottle I have and it doesn't contain protein. The strange thing though, is that the trial size lists coconut oil as the first ingredient where as the regular sized bottle lists water then coconut oil. Strange!?!

Anyway, here are the ingredients listed on the trial size:
Coconut oil, water, cyclomethicone, cetearyl alcohol, cetyl ester, castor oil, olive oil, peanut oil, triethanolamine, DMDM Hydantoin, fragrance, methyl paraben, propyl paraben, blue #1, yellow #5.

The ORS Carrot Oil in the jar does contain protein.