S-curl? Like for Jheri Curls?

naturalmanenyc

Right now I am using Hollywood beauty Olive Creme hair dress & coconut oil (works okay) but I am always willing to try out something better.

I keep seeing that people are using S-Curl No Drip Activator and Moisturizer on relaxed, transitioning & natural hair....but not jheri curls. I guess I should have gotten a clue when I still saw it on the BSS shelves although nobody is really wearing jheri curls anymore.

If you are using it, how are you using it? Wet hair, dry hair, daily moisture? Are you experiencing build up due to the cones?

Does your hair smell like jheri curl "juice" all the time?

TIA!!

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i use it mixed w/ infusium 23 when im using gel or when my hair is dry, i usually mix it with some v05 moisture milks/silky experiences, infusium 23 and water. it makes my regimen MUCH more simpler than before.

elaine07

I use it alot during the last few weeks of my stretch, especially when I'm wearing braidouts. I use it on both wet and dry hair. If my hair is dry, I usually spray some "juice" :lachen: brush it into a pony, and keep on rollin'.
It doesn't have a strong smell (to me), but I guess you could say it smells a little bit like jheri curl juice. :ohwell:

Kimiche

I am relaxed and I use s-curl also. It helps me out especially during my relaxer stretch. Before I used it, my hair was not doing good because the new growth was kicking. :grin:

Nonie

I love S-Curl and only need apply it on wash day AM and PM and then baggy for the next 3 days w/o ever needing to apply. My hair stays moist w/o being sticky or icky and oh so touchably soft. I don't mind the smell of S-Curl, but if I did, Hawaiian Silky is the next best thing to S-Curl and it smells like strawberries. I don't like the gel though. That makes my hair sticky and icky. The activator spray does not.

divya

I use CareFree Curl Instant Moisturizer. I spray it in my roots and all over my hair. It's great. My hair doesn't smell bad at all either...

wheezy807

I use it on my hair and i don't think it makes my hair smell like "jheri curl juice". Usually i use it on my dry hair to lay down the edges when i am so many weeks post. It works wonders for me!

firecracker

I have used this product since 1997. It doesn't rub off on clothes and doesn't smell like jheri juice. I used it on my natural, texlaxed and relaxed hair when I would slick my hair back etc. Its great for buns etc when you tie down your hair.

naturalmanenyc

So far so good. I used Scurl for my rollerset (with lots of water) and my hair is super soft. DH could not keep his hands out of my hair last night:grin:

I added a bit more tonight with some coconut oil and tied my hair down. I brought enough Scurl for a few days (OOT for work) but am hoping I do not need to use too much.

naturalmanenyc

So far so good. I used Scurl for my rollerset (with lots of water) and my hair is super soft. DH could not keep his hands out of my hair last night:grin:

I added a bit more tonight with some coconut oil and tied my hair down. I brought enough Scurl for a few days (OOT for work) but am hoping I do not need to use too much.

I also found out that S-curl gel was a staple for DH when he had a low hair cut. He may use the no drip spray for his dreads if I am happy with the results from using it as a daily moisturizer:grin:

sunshinebeautiful

I love adding Scurl or carefree moisturizer to my hair for rollersets and sealing with my water + castor oil mix.

naturalmanenyc

It's still very moisturized! The one issue is my hair is not all that shiny. I have added coconut oil but did not bring my aloe vera gel so I do still have some fly away pieces.