ORS mayonnaise (Newbie Questions)

lollyoo

Hi everyone and am a newbie, but been a lucker for a while.
I really love the ORS range, the creamy aloe shampoo, replenishing conditioner and the relaxer.
I have recently discovered the ORS mayonnaise and it seems to have worked on my breakage.
Q1. I know its a mild protein treatment, but I want to know if its ok to use it weekly, fortnightly or moNthly.

My regimen currently:
weekly
prepoo with amla oil and ORS replenishing conditioner/ ORS hair mayonnaise - i leave this on for 3-4hrs no heat
ORS creamy aloe shampoo
conditioner- ORS replenishing conditioner
moisturise damp hair with coconut oil + shea butter
then protective style
my hair does not do well with heat at all.

I am currently considering a mid week conditioning wash with a cheap conditioner follow by ORS replenishing conditioner.

I re-wet my ends daily and apply coconut oil + shea butter ( am considering trying castor oil for this purpose)- is this enough for daily moisturiser. I find most oil moisturiser just to greasy including the ORS.

Q2 .Any suggestion to improve my regimen is welcome

Q3. I need instruction on doing bantu knots. I only do braids out. other protective styles info welcome. my hair length is currently between neck length and full shoulder length, and relaxed.

Thanks for your anticipated response.

lizjoseph

I'd thow in a water-based moisterizer before applying the coconut oil and the shea butter. Something like Profective Mega Growth lotion, ORS Olive Oil Lotion, of BB Hair Lotion. All of these are water based and do a good job moisterizing. Castor Oil is a great addition to the mix, especially if you want to thicken your hair. HTH!!