ORS Relaxer - Lye and No Lye

Edie

I was just looking on the web about these relaxers. For the no-lye it comes in a kit. They did not mention a neutralizer in the kit. It said
This kit includes:

Olive Oil Built-In Protection No-Lye Relaxer
Olive Oil Built-In Protection Activator
Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Replenishing Pak Conditioner
Olive Oil Incredibly Rich Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion
Plive Oil Wrap/Set Mousse
1 pair of latex gloves
1 mixing stick
Step-by-step instructions

As you can see the word neutralizer is not mentioned. Am I messing something?

With the ORS Lye, it did not list it as a kit. It only showed an 18.75 oz jar of the relaxer. Do you need to buy a neutralizing shampoo, shampoo and conditioner with the ORS Lye?

Edie said:
I was just looking on the web about these relaxers. For the no-lye it comes in a kit. They did not mention a neutralizer in the kit. It said
This kit includes:

Olive Oil Built-In Protection No-Lye Relaxer
Olive Oil Built-In Protection Activator
Creamy Aloe Shampoo
Replenishing Pak Conditioner
Olive Oil Incredibly Rich Oil Moisturizing Hair Lotion
Plive Oil Wrap/Set Mousse
1 pair of latex gloves
1 mixing stick
Step-by-step instructions

As you can see the word neutralizer is not mentioned. Am I messing something?

With the ORS Lye, it did not list it as a kit. It only showed an 18.75 oz jar of the relaxer. Do you need to buy a neutralizing shampoo, shampoo and conditioner with the ORS Lye?

the creamy aloe shampoo is a neutralizing shampoo

luvmesumhair

I was wondering myself because I used that relaxer all the time. The Shampoo did not mention that. I noticed throughout the years of using various relaxers that the shampoo included always stated "neutralizing shampoo". I want to start using the ORS Lye (i think) or the Mizani one. Not sure yet. But I tell you one thing, if I do use the no lye I will be buying my separate neutralizing shampoo.

If you think about it, why would they sell the 'NEUTRALIZING" shampoo seperatly like that for you to use all the time? I do not think it is good to use a neutralizing shampoo as your regular shampoo? Is it??

jnicole

I use the lye one in the jar. You have to buy a separate Neutralizing shampoo. I used the neutralizing shampoo I already had at home.

luvmesumhair

jnicole said:
I use the lye one in the jar. You have to buy a separate Neutralizing shampoo. I used the neutralizing shampoo I already had at home.

You used the shampoo from ORS? Do they even make a neutralizing shampoo?

jnicole

luvmesumhair said:
You used the shampoo from ORS? Do they even make a neutralizing shampoo?

I used my Elasta QP neutralizing shampoo. I didn't see the ORS shampoo then. I think they do sale it though.

RubyWoo

luvmesumhair said:
If you think about it, why would they sell the 'NEUTRALIZING" shampoo seperatly like that for you to use all the time? I do not think it is good to use a neutralizing shampoo as your regular shampoo? Is it??

The reason why they sell it seperatly is because it is a really good quality shampoo that could be used regularly. ORS Creamy aloe shampoo not only neutralizes but it also removes calcium buildup often left from no-lye relaxers. Using it regularly prevents calcium buildup over time and prevents your hair from being dry; a problem often associated with no-lye relaxers.

I've used the ORS Creamy Aloe shampoo as a neutralizer and as a regular shampoo. Just because it doesn't say in the title that it neutralizes, it doesn't mean it isn't. It says that it neutralizes in the description. It is also moisturizing and detangling. Neutralizing shampoo isn't only used for relaxing. It's great to use after swimming in chlorinated water, after removing braids or anytime the pH of the hair needs to be normalized. Nonetheless, it can be used for regular use without any problems in addition to neutralizing your hair after a relaxer.

Last edited:

RubyWoo

Edie said:

@the bolded: yes.

The associated bottles look like the following:

1)Neutralizing Shampoo
2)Replenishing Conditioner
3)Olive Oil Moisturizing lotion

HTH!!

KathyMay

Nixx said:
@the bolded: yes.

The associated bottles look like the following:

1)Neutralizing Shampoo
2)Replenishing Conditioner