ORS Lye Relaxer my hair loved it.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
KathyMay said:
I am in the DC Metro Area I will try my Sally's first before going to the Asian owned stores.

Yes, but what neighborhood (Greenbelt, College Park, Wheaton?). You can PM me with this information if you want. But yes, try Sally's first.

loved

Thanks for this info. I have used Barry Fletcher and used to get good results, but lately it has been leaving my hair underprocessed so I would like to try something new. As a newbie, I have impressed w/ myy first ORS experience (oil moisturizer) so I may be willing to try this since they make an extra strength.

I would love to hear how this worked for someone w/ extremely coarse, resistant hair - like 4z.

As an aside, for DC/ PG Co. metro area ladies - I found a newer Giant grocery store in Bowie on 450 Annapolis rd. It was ginormous w/ a large section of premium hair products, like Dudley and Nexxus. I would prefer to buy from a chain retailer, such as Giant where I can have more confidence that I am not getting a counterfeit product.

Last edited:

sxyhairfetish

Im just doing an update. So i switched back to no lye after 3 applications of the lye, not because of anything majorly bad, but it seemed as if it were hard to rinse the perm out completely no matter how many times I tried. But I just learned that I think it was the neutralizer that just sucked. I need an indicator to let me know when the perm is fully out and the Aloe neutralizer does not have one and it strips the hair.

So switching back to the no lye i feel was a mistake because it did leave my hair much drier. When you first get a perm, it is wonderful, but after awhile I have to moisturize like crazy. I shed like crazy too, but Im not sure if it was still my PP shedding or the no lye perm itself. Even though, lye burns more easily, my hair thrived... plus I used extra strength, go figure... didnt want to take any chances by being underprocessed. Since I cut my hair, I want to texlax, and I will be switching back to the ORS lye for good but normal this time. I'll try the oil thing as well. :) Is anyone else still using this or stopped?

Soliel185

^^^No. I bought it 2 weeks ago.

Aren't you natural? Are you going to relax? Your hair is soooo beautiful!!! :love:

Thank You! :blush: I relaxed about a yr and a half ago, but I've been stretching since June.I was looking at pics of my fro and wanted it back so ..... and NOW after seeing all the options on the board I go back and forth like every 10 minutes on what to do! I've been considering a texlax b/c I realize now looking at pics that I DO have coils - they just need the right products :grin:

kgard7777

I love this relaxer! I just relaxed with ORS LYE after relaxing with no lye relaxers for years and this is the first time in my life that I had a relaxer application with ZERO breakage afterwards and my hair actually felt stronger!

The shine is noticed even on wet hair.. I used Silk elements lye last year and disliked it very much but this relaxer is a keeper!

tsturnbu

i used ors lye (regular) 2 weeks ago and my hair is still going strong.

I left it in onyl for about 15 minutes, without any smoothing. My hair came out silky straight, yet had life. Normally, whenever, i self relax, my hair is a little tangly when i leave it in for 15min or less. but with ors lye, it was a very smooth. 2 weeks later, hair still feels good, and is not dry at all.

i used to use creme of nature lye relaxer. whilethis got my hair straight, it was always so very dry!

This is a keeper so far.

MrsSmitty77

I also switched after a year of trying to make my hair like SE. I went into Sallys and got the ORS Lye. I am 5 weeks post, my hair isn't breaking or shedding. I am still wearing a roller set and wrap. I couldn't be happier. This is definately a keeper for me.

demlew

I used ORS no-lye for two years until I switched to the lye version two months ago. I'm sticking with lye! No-lye felt great until 5 weeks post. My hair became extremely dry and I'd experience major shedding even though I'm pretty good at keeping a protein/moisture/porosity balance. I didn't have that problem with the lye version and I could have stretched to 10 or 11 weeks (went 9), but just didn't want to lol.