ORS Lye Relaxer my hair loved it.

sxyhairfetish

IMHO i think that ors lye is better than the no lye. I just used it on december 30th (i cheated on one of my stretches to try this one) and My hair constantly feels moisturized and I have never felt this when I used motions, affirm, optimum no lye, creme of nature no lye, and even ors no lye (which is the best of the ones i just named). I was scared as hell when i applied it, but it worked out so well. This is my last switch and im sticking to it. Just thought i'd share. Only negative that I found that it was a lil more harsh on the scalp since it is a lye relaxer. But other than that i loved it.

amina kamal

I really love how you did your hair for the protective style? I looks so sophisticated and sleek...perfect for work. How did you do it?

sxyhairfetish

HERicane10 said:
Good 4 You! where did you find the lye relaxer and is it expensive?

its hard to find but i just so happened to find it in my local 99 cent/beauty supply store. It was only 5.99.

Last edited:

sxyhairfetish

amina kamal said:
I really love how you did your hair for the protective style? I looks so sophisticated and sleek...perfect for work. How did you do it?

Thank u :) its really simple i just, took my hair and rolled it to the left 1 time (whichever side doesnt matter.) i then brought the hair up to the middle of my head, rolled the ends under with my finger and secured it with a bobby pin. Thats it. Hope its not confusing lol :)

KhandiB

I was looking at that ,
Im fighting myself as to what my next relaxer will be since it will be a semi corrective...

ORS Lye its 9.99 at my local BSS and the Big Bottle of Replenishing is 16.99 . I couldnt believe my eyes :lol:

Britt

Hi !

Can you tell me which bss in Bk you found this at ? I didn't even know there was a lye version. I see the no-lye kits everywhere. Thanks !

mw138

sxyhairfetish said:
its hard to find but i just so happened to find it in my local 99 cent/beauty supply store. It was only 5.99.

I had no idea that ORS made a lye relaxer.

Does anyone know if this can be purchased online?

sxyhairfetish

Britt said:
Hi !

Can you tell me which bss in Bk you found this at ? I didn't even know there was a lye version. I see the no-lye kits everywhere. Thanks !

I found this at the 99cent store on Flatbush and Stephans Court. a block after Newkirk Ave. for 5.99 they are really stocked up too. I havent seen it anywhere else tho. And i dont know if u can order it online i just havent checked yet.

BrooklynSouth

You can also find it in South Brooklyn at a new BSS{don't know the name} right next to FOODTOWN. Ralph ave between Flatlands and I think it is Avenue I.

jasmin

sxyhairfetish said:
IMHO i think that ors lye is better than the no lye. I just used it on december 30th (i cheated on one of my stretches to try this one) and My hair constantly feels moisturized and I have never felt this when I used motions, affirm, optimum no lye, creme of nature no lye, and even ors no lye (which is the best of the ones i just named). I was scared as hell when i applied it, but it worked out so well. This is my last switch and im sticking to it. Just thought i'd share. Only negative that I found that it was a lil more harsh on the scalp since it is a lye relaxer. But other than that i loved it.

Could you tell me what are the time for applications?

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I use ORS no-lye relaxer and up until recently I been thinking of switching to lye. My ends stay dry and frizzy. If I do switch to lye it's probably best to stick the same brand! Maybe this is a sign!

growingbrown

I think I may have to try this one also. I used SE and it was good but I have heard so much about ORS no-lye, that I have to try the Lye :)

e$h

I didn't even know there was a lye relaxer. I might have to try this when I decide to touch up. Your hair is beautiful btw!

nomoweavesfome

i saw that but there's another product a little further down on the right with no pic with new next to it that's apparently supposed to be the lye - one. Hard to tell because there is no pic. I'm assuming this is it because it said "new"

Nenah

Glad it worked for you I'm sticking to the ORS no lye the last time I tried Lye (Affirm) left my hair dry and hard.

Impresaria

I'm your huckleberry.
I would love to try this at my next touch-up. I imagine that this is it:

http://https://www.gigibeauty.com/product_info.php?products_id=2262&osCsid=02931fb029f402bdc34ac7391bd902cf

It has a picture of the container.

growingbrown

sxyhairfetish said:

Hey sxy, how is your hair holding up with the lye relaxer? I just purchased mine today an plan on using it for my next touch up. Did you use the neutralizing shampoo? Olive oil replenishing? Deep Conditioning replenishing?

Have anybody else tried the ORS Lye?

Wishin4BSL

I REALLY want to try this, but I've switched from lye to no-lye from different brands so many times that I'm afraid my hair will fall out if I try to switch again!:eek: :lol: