ORS Fertilizing Temple Balm

webby

Think Slim
I finally got a touch up, after about 4 months and I was pretty excited to use ORS Temple Balm, but it says to not use 4 days before and 7 days following a chemical treatment.

Do any of you use it anyway, if so, what are/were your results?

TIA
Webby

MonaLisa

webby said:
I finally got a touch up, after about 4 months and I was pretty excited to use ORS Temple Balm, but it says to not use 4 days before and 7 days following a chemical treatment.

Do any of you use it anyway, if so, what are/were your results?

TIA
Webby

Ummm girl....when I did use it...I followed the directions....
why...you trying to be big and bad and go against the directions?

U supposed to be settin an example for the youngins....:look:

How you tryin ta be willy nilly and what not with the hairline area?

Oh, results wise...I'm a stubborn case...I don't think it did anything for me.. I didn't see an improvement from where it used to be until the Surge/Nexxus Biotin Creme combo.

webby

Think Slim
MonaLisa said:
Ummm girl....when I did use it...I followed the directions....
why...you trying to be big and bad and go against the directions?

U supposed to be settin an example for the youngins....:look:

How you tryin ta be willy nilly and what not with the hairline area?
Gurrrl, I don't know WHAT me was tinking!
Lawd, I'm so glad you stepped up to set me straight :whip:

I'll wait :grin:

bluediamond0829

i love that stuff...i have to go and buy me like 3 more of them...they are just so dang expensive..the cheapest i can get it for is 9.99 and the most is 12.00..i dont knw about not applying it before the relaxer...but i put my hair in braids because it was so damaged very bad and broke off...i think i even cut it very low...and just went and put individual braids for the summer..i did this like in April and i just started using the fertizler and applying it to my scalp and taking the prenatal vitamin and biotin...by the time August came around my hair was past my chin...and nice and thick...and this was way before Surge came out....

webby

Think Slim
bluediamond0829 said:
i love that stuff...i have to go and buy me like 3 more of them...they are just so dang expensive..the cheapest i can get it for is 9.99 and the most is 12.00..i dont knw about not applying it before the relaxer...but i put my hair in braids because it was so damaged very bad and broke off...i think i even cut it very low...and just went and put individual braids for the summer..i did this like in April and i just started using the fertizler and applying it to my scalp and taking the prenatal vitamin and biotin...by the time August came around my hair was past my chin...and nice and thick...and this was way before Surge came out....
Blue, thanks for the info. You gave me precisely what I was looking for :)

bluediamond0829

its really good when i get some extra money im going to load up on it...its expensive but to me its worth the buy...but i do know that surge gave me back my edges and the sides where i had lost hair from braids..but ORS fertlizer was what i loved....

L

lkg4healthyhair

I follow the instructions as well and stop use prior and post relaxer. Don't want to take any chances with my already fragile edges.

Stormy

Yes! Do follow the directions Webby otherwise, you'll have minor irritation. That happened to me years ago. This time when I used it, I waited a week (maybe a week and a half) before using it. No irritation at all. So far though, I haven't seen any results. It says you'll see results after two months. Now, when I used it on my daughters hair a couple of years ago, it worked just fine for her. I used it on a bald spot in the nape area. I mean it was clean back there and the Temple Balm worked great! Filled it right in. You'd never know she used to be bald there. You know what they say, everything doesn't work for everybody. It's been about two months since I've been using it on a thin spot in my crown area, and it sure ain't working for me. :(

webby

Think Slim
bluediamond0829 said:
its really good when i get some extra money im going to load up on it...its expensive but to me its worth the buy...but i do know that surge gave me back my edges and the sides where i had lost hair from braids..but ORS fertlizer was what i loved....
So, are you saying that Surge was better for your edges, or was ORS as good? (Sorry, I just want to clarify :) )

@ Lkg4 - Thanks. I just wanted to check. I know some of you have WAY more experience with these products than I and I don't want to take a chance, yet I didn't want to just wait, if some of you have had good experiences NOT following the instructions.

bluediamond0829

Webby- ive always had problems with my temple area toward the front on the sides being kind of slow of growth and no hair being in those spots on both sides...i used surge for those spots to have the hair grow in...but just for overall to get my hair to grow i used the ORS fertilizer...

But like Stormy was saying everything is not made for everyone...i guess thats why im hesitaiting on jumping on the bandwagon for MTG...I like to use things that i know will work for me....

this time i am using Surge(mixed with s-curl and the Fantasia IC no breakage spray) and then also using the ORS fertilizer at the scalp...im chilling out on relaxers for awhile...and just going to stick with getting individual braids and extension twist done...

and i think i may have to go back to using no lye relaxers because when i was relaxing my hair my hair was very dry at the ends( i used the Affirm lye relaxer and that may have been the problem)...i think you(webby) were giving me some suggestions on it and what i could do...but what i ended up doing was damaging and breaking my hair off...i think i will be going to a professional once it grows out and let them take care of the relaxing and treatments...

so i will let people know how it goes in about a couple of months....and try to update my fotki album with some pictures...

Ashee

No, I try to stick with the instructions on this product...
:look:

I'm thinking of cutting my stretch short... I'm just one month away from deadline....:p

webby

Think Slim
bluediamond0829 said:
Webby- ive always had problems with my temple area toward the front on the sides being kind of slow of growth and no hair being in those spots on both sides...i used surge for those spots to have the hair grow in...but just for overall to get my hair to grow i used the ORS fertilizer...

But like Stormy was saying everything is not made for everyone...i guess thats why im hesitaiting on jumping on the bandwagon for MTG...I like to use things that i know will work for me....

this time i am using Surge(mixed with s-curl and the Fantasia IC no breakage spray) and then also using the ORS fertilizer at the scalp...im chilling out on relaxers for awhile...and just going to stick with getting individual braids and extension twist done...

and i think i may have to go back to using no lye relaxers because when i was relaxing my hair my hair was very dry at the ends( i used the Affirm lye relaxer and that may have been the problem)...i think you(webby) were giving me some suggestions on it and what i could do...but what i ended up doing was damaging and breaking my hair off...i think i will be going to a professional once it grows out and let them take care of the relaxing and treatments...

so i will let people know how it goes in about a couple of months....and try to update my fotki album with some pictures...

Awww, I'm so sorry if I gave you a bad recommendation :( :cry: I know that some products and proceedures work well for one person, but not for the next :(

Ash - I'm definitely going to follow the instructions. No taking a chance for me :grin:

bluediamond0829

No no webby it wasnot you you were very helpful with your information...it was actually my fault...i was trying to do so much...and sometimes thats not the best thing to do and worrying so much about my hair that i caused my own damage...like some say we do less damage to our hair if we would just leave it alone...actually i thought that if i went and had the sewn in put in that i would like it...but i didnt...and i got kind of mixed up by cutting some pieces of my own hair when i was taking it out....and i just thought that with braiding it down that it would help my hair..but it didnt it came out looking really bad and i think some of it ended up breaking off....girl im not worried about it...its just hair...and it will grow back...and then i had some crazy girl do cornrows in my hair and she just didnt give a good rats behind about my edges and she cornrowed too too tight...and that caused more damage...so i finally got someone that i knew to do my individual braids...im more than happy now and i knw what i need to do to get my hair back...

Ashee

webby said:
Awww, I'm so sorry if I gave you a bad recommendation :( :cry: I know that some products and proceedures work well for one person, but not for the next :(

Ash - I'm definitely going to follow the instructions. No taking a chance for me :grin:
:clap:
That's the best way!!

Belle Du Jour

I just bought the ORS fertilizing serum (the serum is for natural hair). So, I'll be doing this temple grow out with you guys. The serum has kola nut oil, horsetail and nettle. Anyone know why you're not supposed to use the ORS serum or balm on the nape?