Oprah & Tyler Guests at Lakewood Service

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
and so is LOA and vision boards bible based... when truth an error is mixed, it brings forth deception

that's how the very elect are deceived

:yep: LOA, Plagerized... the Bible:

: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source

Straight up "plagiarism" :yep::yep::yep:

Shimmie

Staff member
exactly right Shimmie and because it sounds good many have fallen for it...

What LOA does is give the 'followers' permission to sin. And it's all about getting 'things', not one aspect of LOA is giving God glory or worship unto Him for who He is and for all that He has done for us.

LOA is a thief and a liar with the sole purpose and persistance to use and abuse and market for 'profit', His principles without regard to who He is, the Omnipotent One. And that is HE who is the ONE who is in Control... not man.. surely not them.

They omit God from HIS Concept, HIS Creation, HIS Design...

( I know... a lot of HIS in all caps :lol:); But God is who He is and He always will be. When the LOA shuts down, God will still be around and Still be God, all by Himself.

Is there an Amen somewhere in the House?

Last edited:

TraciChanel

What LOA does is give the 'followers' permission to sin. And it's all about getting 'things', not one aspect of LOA is giving God glory or worship unto Him for who He is and for all that He has done for us.

LOA is a thief and a liar with the sole purpose and persistance to use and abuse and market for 'profit', His principles without regard to who He is, the Omnipotent One. And that is HE who is the ONE who is in Control... not man.. surely not them.

They omit God from HIS Concept, HIS Creation, HIS Design...

( I know... a lot of HIS in all caps :lol:); But God is who He is and He always will be. When the LOA shuts down, God will still be around and Still be God, all by Himself.

Is there an Amen somewhere in the House?

:yep: :amen:

Shimmie

Staff member
Originally Posted by Iwanthealthyhair67

Seated in the front row of the crowd of roughly 13,000, Oprah and Tyler Perry were announced as guests at the service. Houstonian Diego Quintanilla, who was sitting near the duo, tweeted: "I'm freaking out!! I can't breathe! It smells like money and amazingness!!"

Why was this person 'tweeting' during a worship service ????? That's so disrespectful. :nono:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
He seems to have no clue about the disrespect, as he obviously tweeted during the service. Actually enjoying the attention >> http://twitter.com/#!/captain_diego

Folks using cell phones during worship to text, call, tweet, play games .. ..that's anutha thread. :lol:

[yes, I know there are those who use their cell only to read their eBibles... :look: ]
:

Iwanthealthyhair67

^^e-bibles what happened your bible tro heavy you can't bring it to church, (that's of course if you own one)...

technology is good but sometimes it takes away from the true purpose or value of a thing

Shimmie

Staff member
He seems to have no clue about the disrespect, as he obviously tweeted during the service. Actually enjoying the attention >> http://twitter.com/#!/captain_diego

Folks using cell phones during worship to text, call, tweet, play games .. ..that's anutha thread. :lol:

[yes, I know there are those who use their cell only to read their eBibles... :look: ]
:

I need to 'catch up' :lol:

Shimmie

Staff member
^^e-bibles what happened your bible tro heavy you can't bring it to church, (that's of course if you own one)...

technology is good but sometimes it takes away from the true purpose or value of a thing

I agree, as technology causes a lot of distractions...

Hmmmm, I wonder if Jesus 'tweets'... :lol:

Iwanthealthyhair67

lol ...funny

it's like a local church here they use the overhead projector so now nobody brings their bibles, how can you leave home without your sword (now I know it should be in your hearts but you also need to carry it to church too)

there is nothing wrong with using and having an overhead projector but it can also cause laziness in the members

Iwanthealthyhair67

cell phones going off in church is definitely a no no yes the church is a building but it's also set aside for worship ...why is your phone on anyway ...

LucieLoo12

I believe every needs to bring a bible! How you gone know if the preacher man line up with the word. My pastor always tell us "Search the scriptures, make sure Im right" lol..Salvation is too precious to base it on what "That man says"..I hate when all people can say is "my pastor says this about this, and my pastor says this about that..." im like do you know what the word says about it!!!

Guitarhero

lol ...funny

it's like a local church here they use the overhead projector so now nobody brings their bibles, how can you leave home without your sword (now I know it should be in your hearts but you also need to carry it to church too)

there is nothing wrong with using and having an overhead projector but it can also cause laziness in the members

But they are reading along, right? It's the same word. Some churches have the liturgy in missals kept on the pew and you read along there...or on the overhead (scripture verses). I didn't think there was an actual command to hold your own personal one with you day and night. There are various ways to do that if you wish to, though, without having a paperback or hardback on your person.:eyebrows2

Goombay_Summer

lol ...funny

I feel like a dinosaur because I am one of the few people in the congregation that's still toting my bible to church, in fact the pastor is using his iPad and the other 2 ladies who still bring their's are at least in their seventies.

crlsweetie912

I have notes all up in my bible....We went to another church to hear my pastor give the sermon and I lost my bible that I had since I first got saved....:cry2: I really did cry....I miss that bible.
I put the date of a particular sermon and the title in my bible...

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
:lol: You're not alone... I like to flip the pages, take notes, etc. Can't do the electronic thingy.

I feel like a dinosaur because I am one of the few people in the congregation that's still toting my bible to church, in fact the pastor is using his iPad and the other 2 ladies who still bring their's are at least in their seventies.

LucieLoo12

Yess!! U always take notes in church, I cant remember everything he said, so i gotta jot it down and then I go home and read over it. make sure its in my heart

Shimmie

Staff member
lol ...funny

:lol: Funny story here...

The overhead makes me dizzie. :spinning: We were visiting a Church and they had an overhead for the words to the Praise and Worship music. I spent the entire time tryna read the words, and it made me dizzie trying to figure out what I was reading.

I never did sing, and odd thing is that I knew the words to songs anyway. :lol: But it was the huge monitor which had me distracted ... I mean, I learned the words to all of the songs I know without a monitor. What's wrong with folks... :lol: It's not that hard to do.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I didn't say that now did I...some will continue to carry their bibles (myself included) and others will read it on the overhead...like I said it fosters laziness in an already lazy generation..just my opinion..

But they are reading along, right? It's the same word. Some churches have the liturgy in missals kept on the pew and you read along there...or on the overhead (scripture verses). I didn't think there was an actual command to hold your own personal one with you day and night. There are various ways to do that if you wish to, though, without having a paperback or hardback on your person.:eyebrows2

Shimmie

Staff member
cell phones going off in church is definitely a no no yes the church is a building but it's also set aside for worship ...why is your phone on anyway ...

If folks can 'obey' (respect) the airline and turn off their cell phone and other electronic devices, why can't they show the same respect in the House of God. How hard is that to do? :yep:

On the military bases, a person better not get caught talking or texting while driving on base. :nono: Oh no... it won't be pleasant.

Also, in the post offices in Jacksonville (FL), cell phone use is not allowed. :nono:

Again, if folks can obey the rules of the world, how much more showing respect in the House of God.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I have a kindle but for me it's really not practical to take to church...Girl I like to feel and hear the pages turn it sounds different from any other pages to me...like to take notes too

:lol: You're not alone... I like to flip the pages, take notes, etc. Can't do the electronic thingy.

Guitarhero

I didn't say that now did I...some will continue to carry their bibles (myself included) and others will read it on the overhead...like I said it fosters laziness in an already lazy generation..just my opinion..

Well, I know it's your opinion but you said it like it was the 11th commandment :lol:! Question: is it something that people are requested by the pastor to do in your church? If so, then I'd agree. But we're not all cut from the same. Yes, you did say it.:lol: Now, before you misunderstand...I'm asking you if you think they are lukewarm.

Last edited: