One year progress pics (Yaaaay me!)

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Although I joined LHCF in August of last year, I am celebrating my one year anniversary since I cut my hair in to a short bob. I am celebrating great growth, lessons learned, and healthy hair practices. :yay::dance7:

My ear-length bob, April/May, 2008

May, 2009

I :heart2: LHCF!!!

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Great progress!

Are you relaxed and colored? Or natural?

I am relaxed (been stretching out to 12 weeks between relaxers), and I use 100g of Yemen Henna mixed with about 6g of Indigo to color my hair after I relax. I stopped doing my own relaxers in October, '08. I found a stylist that had BSL hair, LOL, and she only does my relaxers. I care for my hair in between, and I use individual braids to help me stretch to 12 weeks. I also have been using OCT since last September.

raloftin

You already know I sing hair praises to you on your hair progress. Keep up the good work chica :yep:

Also, you should pass me the stylist you go to. I'm swearing off stylists for relaxers since I'm really trying to make this transition thing work, but I do need someone for some individual braids.:yawn:

Congrats again!

Rai

Cali*Rocks

WOW!!! Great progress. The color looks really beautiful with your eye color :yep: I think I'm gonna try the Henna and Indigo you described... I have been craving some color in my hair for a while now

MyAngelEyez~C~U

You already know I sing hair praises to you on your hair progress. Keep up the good work chica :yep:

Also, you should pass me the stylist you go to. I'm swearing off stylists for relaxers since I'm really trying to make this transition thing work, but I do need someone for some individual braids.:yawn:

Congrats again!

Rai

Felicia at The Look on Pine does my relaxers, and Keisha does my braids at that shop across the street from Oklahoma-Style BBQ on N. Harvard. I'll PM you their numbers tomorrow.

ETA: I mean later today, lol, just looked at the time...

Last edited:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

WOW!!! Great progress. The color looks really beautiful with your eye color :yep: I think I'm gonna try the Henna and Indigo you described... I have been craving some color in my hair for a while now

I put my left-over henna in my DD's sandy-brown hair, and it gave her pretty coppery-red highlights.

vnaps

Very nice progress!!!!!!:yep:

thanks for posting your progress....it makes me less nervous bout doing my own big chop...ONE DAY lol

keysha1983

WOW!!!! I started at ear length in March now I am neck length. Hopefully in a year I will be SL. Thank you girl! You are a true hair inspiration!!! :)