OMG!! Ouidad Double Detangler Comb...MAJOR PRODUCT RAVE!!!

Hey. i actually did a product review on this comb as well. it is the truth! It's one of my holy grails! It's definately worth the 24 bucks. And I have natural thick, hair!

these both remind me of the old fashioned "hair rakes" we used on afros in the 70/80s..
images.jpg

This is what I've been using for years; but last year, I finally bought a Jilbere shower comb and I notice less hair during the detangling process. If only the teeth were longer like the K-Cutter.

Just placed my order on Amazon :) LOL

Hi my name is aquajoyice and i'm a recovering Product Junkie....
:woot: Make sure to come back and tell us how it goes for you!!
how does it compare to the Denman brush?
IMO it's better at detangling. I have the Denman D3. It's good at taking out shed hairs, but I usually have to part my hair in several sections to detangle. With the Ouidad comb, I didn't have to part AT ALL. I did, however, use my Denman after my co-wash to smooth my hair into a ponytail, and the process was alot smoother than it had been in the past. I didn't have many shed hairs in the brush either.

Hmmmm...that's a little rich for my blood. Especially since I loose combs all the time. I will have to wait for a couple of more rave reviews before I cough up my good $24.00. THANK YOU for sharing though. Definitely keep an eye out.

:woot: Make sure to come back and tell us how it goes for you!!

IMO it's better at detangling. I have the Denman D3. It's good at taking out shed hairs, but I usually have to part my hair in several sections to detangle. With the Ouidad comb, I didn't have to part AT ALL. I did, however, use my Denman after my co-wash to smooth my hair into a ponytail, and the process was alot smoother than it had been in the past. I didn't have many shed hairs in the brush either.

Hmmm...and you didn't feel like it was pulling your hair out? I loved my Deneman but I had to stop using it because I felt like it was pulling out too much hair. Since I have stopped using it I keep a lot more hair on my head.

Hmmm...and you didn't feel like it was pulling your hair out? I loved my Deneman but I had to stop using it because I felt like it was pulling out too much hair. Since I have stopped using it I keep a lot more hair on my head.
NO, girl! That's how I felt about my old shower comb. I had to spend so much time and conditioner to detangle my hair, especially with my new growth. Not at all with this detangling comb. I just passed it through a couple of times and my hair was detangled. My hair didn't feel at all like it was being pulled. There was much less hair in the comb and down the drain.

I have this comb! I didn't post a review because I haven't used it, yet. I purchased it from Sephora. You'll receive 3 free samples with your online purchase.

So what's the difference between using this comb and doing two passes with a single row detangling comb?

There are mixed reviews on sephora.com. I'd try it, but I'd buy it from Sephora for their return policy.

Lys

I have this comb! I didn't post a review because I haven't used it, yet. I purchased it from Sephora. You'll receive 3 free samples with your online purchase.
Please use it and come back in here with your review!!

This is me. If it doesn't work I'm sending that comb back and writing a bad review. I hope it works though.:ohwell:
:yep: That's the great thing about it..if you don't like it, you can always return it! I'm pretty sure you'll like it though.

Okay. I just ordered the comb from Sephora. I looked at the reviews, and by far the majority are favorable, so...I'm game. If it doesn't work there's a Sephora in town and I can just take it back there. Looking forward to trying it, and if I remember I'll post an update.

Hey. i actually did a product review on this comb as well. it is the truth! It's one of my holy grails! It's definately worth the 24 bucks. And I have natural thick, hair!

I read it weighs about 4lbs. Is that exaggerated? If that is true, I can't use it; too heavy for my hand, I have not fully regained my strength.

I read it weighs about 4lbs. Is that exaggerated? If that is true, I can't use it; too heavy for my hand, I have not fully regained my strength.
That comb is not 4 lbs. Maybe half to 1 lb, but I'm not sure
Does it help "stretch" natural hair (as in to put it in a bun)
My roommate says that it helps to elongate the hair, esp if you plan on putting in products to reduce shrinkage afterwards.

I was a hair model for them on Sunday, and I must say I'm a fan of the comb and their products. The stylist sold me when she told me she gave it to a 4 year old to comb her own hair (the little girl was tender-headed and started crying at the sight of the comb) with no complaints.

I cowashed again last night. First of all, my hair was still pretty well detangled from the last co-wash. This time I used much less conditioner than usual and again, detangling in the shower with this comb was a breeze, and there was even less hair down the drain than last time! I kinda weighed it in my hand...it's probably half a pound or less.

I'm already seeing the long-term benefits of using this comb:
I get to save money on conditioner since I don't need to use as much, so it will last longer, and
I keep more hair on my head

Definitely an investment.

After seeing the shower drain clog up twice in the last month because of so much shed hair, I'm too through- I'll be ordering this immediately as well as some Alter Ego Garlic Treatment. I have already spent way too much money, time, and effort to see my hard work go down the drain (literally).

After seeing the shower drain clog up twice in the last month because of so much shed hair, I'm too through- I'll be ordering this immediately as well as some Alter Ego Garlic Treatment. I have already spent way too much money, time, and effort to see my hard work go down the drain (literally).
Tell us your experience! Also with the Alter Ego Treatment, because that's been on my list for the longest.

I purchased this comb yesterday. I plan on using it tonight to see how it works. It appears bulky, but if it cuts my detangling time in half it'll be worth it.

Back