OMG at This Dominican Blowout Video!

jennboo

For those who actually prefer the look and feel of their natural texture and prefer to wear natural hair styles (puffs, afros, twists, braids) i would not recommend getting something like this done, it will obliterate your texture, TRUST.

For those who prefer to be heat straightened/pressed naturals and wear straight hair all the time i think a good ol' fashioned press is more efficient (time wise) and will get you awesome results without all the pulling and tugging.

Victorian

old head
Wow. I wonder how long that took, total.
I think it would have turned out better sans rollerset (seriously what was the point if she was going to blow dry it TWICE afterwards?) and with a little less of whatever that cream was. Looked kinda stiff/oily to me at the end, JMO.

My flat iron smokes a little when I use too much product--I think that's what the smoke/steam was from. *shrug*

princessnad

I guess I just wasn't impressed by the final results... especially for that amount of heat.

I've seen better with a press and/or flat iron.

longhairlover

my thoughts exactly, just because the hair smokes is because of the stuff put in the hair the heat protectants and leave in conditioners, when I use to go to the dominicans my hair was at it's healthiest (only let them blowdry rollerset) heat and all my hair was never fried or broken off.

her....hair....was....NOT....fried *sigh*. It looked very pretty & silky. I feel like the Dominican salon spokesperson up in here. Of course they had to use extra heat to get 4b natural hair silky.

PinkSkates

Wow...and not in a good way. I could have gotten her hair silky straight with a blow dryer and a double sided pressing comb. And the roller set was a total waste of time and money and more unnecessary heat. They do that just so they can be justified in charging more $.:nono:
I'm so glad i'm a DIY'er

purplepeace79

For those who actually prefer the look and feel of their natural texture and prefer to wear natural hair styles (puffs, afros, twists, braids) i would not recommend getting something like this done, it will obliterate your texture, TRUST.

Not neccessarily.

asummertyme

looks good too me..I wouldnt do it tho...but came out nice..if u go to the Domincans..the dryers always steam up like that..guess its from the product and or hair moisture..

PhonyBaloney500

That is how I straighten my hair twice a year (sans flat iron) and how I used to do it frequently for a year some time ago. So DC, roller set, blow out. I used to just get a blow out on wet hair but the place I now go to doesn't do that and some refuse to--supposedly more damaging because they are putting that direct heat on wet hair? I didn't have any problems though.

For ME pressing was very bad indeed and caused damage.

naturalmanenyc

Wow!!! That was a ton of heat and she did not even have swanging hair after all of that. I wonder if her texture ever came back?

Taina

I think she coul not get the same result with not/less heat.
ANuway, i guess all this heat could be a problem if she does the same every weel to her hair, but for one time every xxxxxx months, i don't see a lot of problem.

The results were AWESOME!!!

Yikes, I remember getting blowouts. The pain when theyd catch my ear with the hot dryer air or get too close to my scalp. I can still smell the burning product/hair smell watching that vid lol. I would get my hair blown out at a regular white salon across the street from my apartment by a curly haired Russian woman but I also went to a Dominican salon a little further away. The results from the white salon were better, less grease, more detailed blowout. The Russian lady also began to use a flat iron but the Dominican didnt as long as I was going to her. Also the Domincans used tooo much product, they had my hair looking all dull and helmety lol from putting to much Razac Perfect for Perms in there :nono:

All I can say is thank goodness I can straighten my hair by myself. I quit the salon in 2005 and never looked back. Well one time I did. But from 2006 on I never had a salon blowout/torture session again and my hair has never been better except when I was a child before all the damage began...

danigurl18

At least they rollerset her hair first, last time I went they tried to tell me that my curls were too tight and i had to get it flatironed and not rollerset.. i ran right out of the door!! too much heat for me!

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Oh my ... that was a CRAZY amount of heat. I was cringing here watching that video. :ohwell:

tomnikids3

Ok, thats like triple heat, first under the dryer, then blow drying, then flat ironing, good lord her scalp must have been cooked, its a wonder there's hair left. Way too much heat for me. Actually, if they know how to really flat iron well, they could have eliminated the whole blow drying process, just take the rollers out once dry and flat iron from there, cause that flat iron was steaming hot too, it could have done the job without blow drying.