Combating Shrinkage - Is it possible?

naturalmanenyc

What is the ONE product that can be used to combat shrinkage?

I don't want to shingle a product through, sit under a dryer and then have to blow it out with a concentrator to show some length.

I am sitting with Eco Styler Argan Oil in my hair now, shingled through on dry hair, and it still shrunk up to my ears:perplexed I am using a banana clip to stretch it out some in a high ponytail. I shingled it through on dry hair (had been in twists) just like this: http://youtu.be/0V4HIpu_TCA

There must be a product out there that can be used to combat shrinkage without having to shingle and blow out.

Any advice?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I haven't found any product to combat shrinkage for natural hair styles. When wearing natural wash n go style (non-blowdried, non-twistout, non-braidout), the only thing that has helped with shrinkage is applying the product on damp hair and then putting my hair into a ponytail to airdry. It doesn't shrink as bad. When I apply product to wet hair and let it dry on wet hair, I have super shrinkage.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
i found that gels make it worse and give maximum shrinkage.

creams and butters w/o gels weigh it down a little bit better so it's less shrinkage, but still some shrinkage