Ok so I did my first sew-in weave...MYSELF!!!!! PICS

Cooyah

that looks really good girl, i need to brush up on my sew in skills so i don't have to pay someone else

RabiaElaine

Cooyah said:
that looks really good girl, i need to brush up on my sew in skills so i don't have to pay someone else

Yup I'm saving money...the sew-in I had in the past done by a "professional" cost me $300! And my hair was damaged afterwards. This one is definitely not going to damage my hair the way I put it in. I happy deliriously happy:D

godsflowerrr

wow girl you did an awesome job on your weave!!! it really looks great. you saved yourself at least a good $300.00........ GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

RabiaElaine

godsflowerrr said:
wow girl you did an awesome job on your weave!!! it really looks great. you saved yourself at least a good $300.00........ GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Thanks godsflowerrr for the compliment and answering ALL of my many questions about your weaves. You are one of my inspirations. I love this board!

Irresistible

caligirl2385 said:
THIS IS BEAUTIFUL. IF ONLY I COULD CORNROW...
I'm thinking the same thing. I think my cornrows would go longer too, but I would have to figure that out. I wanna do someone's else's hair on my head and have it look like my own soooooo bad!!!!!!!!!

this came out lovely, U did a good job. I might have to just jump in and figure one out for me.

RabiaElaine

Irresistible said:
I'm thinking the same thing. I think my cornrows would go longer too, but I would have to figure that out. I wanna do someone's else's hair on my head and have it look like my own soooooo bad!!!!!!!!!

this came out lovely, U did a good job. I might have to just jump in and figure one out for me.

You can do it!!! Someone mentioned above you can wrap the ends of the cornrows around the cornrows a couple of times.

TwistNMx

Your hair looks great!
I tried this this a.m....took about 4 hours today and about the same amount of time yesterday with the cornrow braids first.
It looked okay, but my husband did not like them. Now he tells me...just a waste of money. Taking them out tonight and he will be helping.
Best of luck to you though.

RabiaElaine

mysweetevie said:
That looks great...:up: If you lived closer you could practice on me. :grin: I would give some $$$$

Thanks!!!!!!!! I actually go to Philly all the time (heading there this weekend). My boyfriend lives out there. PM me.

RabiaElaine

mahoganee said:
Great job girl! How'd you get your tracks not to show when you did your pony tail? Beautiful.:) :cool:

I left hair out around the perimeter and it covered it somehow. I'm also 12 weeks post, so maybe the thickness of my roots helps. I also don't have a lot tracks in, only 1 pack of hair.

Lotus

Excellent Job. I wish I had your skills. I did my mom's hair... yesterday and part of today.... It looks pretty good.. but, just took me like 8hrs. I think it's the way I braided it though. If you wouldnt mind, please give detailed instructions (pm if you wish).

Again, excellent job. I'm soooo envious right now. I spent my day off this holiday doing hair. My mom's so... it's cool. Just wish I could cut down on the time.

RabiaElaine

Lotus said:
Excellent Job. I wish I had your skills. I did my mom's hair... yesterday and part of today.... It looks pretty good.. but, just took me like 8hrs. I think it's the way I braided it though. If you wouldnt mind, please give detailed instructions (pm if you wish).

Again, excellent job. I'm soooo envious right now. I spent my day off this holiday doing hair. My mom's so... it's cool. Just wish I could cut down on the time.

All I did was vertical braids. I turned the ends up and sewed them on the cornrows. I learned that from weaveitup's album, I think.

Amour

Thats a super job.... was wondering whether anyone had any pictures of what the vertical braiding technique, i'm not quite sure how it would work. Wouldn't the hair fall in awarakd (sp?) positions?

I usually braid horizontally along the back, then as i get to the fron do about 8 vertical braids and leave a little out in the middle (for a centre part) or a little out either side for a side part... But i would really like to try the vertical technique and hopefully i can do myself a weave that good looking ;)

RabiaElaine

Sabina said:
Thats a super job.... was wondering whether anyone had any pictures of what the vertical braiding technique, i'm not quite sure how it would work. Wouldn't the hair fall in awarakd (sp?) positions?

I usually braid horizontally along the back, then as i get to the fron do about 8 vertical braids and leave a little out in the middle (for a centre part) or a little out either side for a side part... But i would really like to try the vertical technique and hopefully i can do myself a weave that good looking ;)

Seriously it's so easy, just straight back braids. The hair falls according to how you sew it. I sew in a u shape from the ears upwards. I think weaveitup has pictures in her fotki.