OK..MsKenesha gave me the courage to tell you that.....

SherryLove

I reneged on the decision to go natural.... I finally gave in and relaxed my hair on August 28.....Thanks, Ms. Kenesha....You really gave me the courage to tell the ladies here. My hair has been relaxed for almost a month now.....I feel like I have betrayed myself and my scalp......and after all that talk about the benefits of going natural...I got so frustrated dealing with the two different textures and did not want to cut all of my hair off. It was too time consuming to do my hair and would eventually be too costly if i wanted to get my hair done in twists or locks....i feel just a tad bit embarassed...I will continue to relax my hair 2 to 3 times per year with Phytorelaxer Index 2.....nevertheless, my hair and scalp are still fairly healthy.... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

KinksnCurlz

Don't feel bad sherry, it's ur hair and u r entitled to do what you wish, whenever you wish. Either way, im sure ur hair is beautiful, as always /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Nonie

SherryLove, I didn't even know you were considering going natural, and either way, you're still my idol. I had to chuckle about you being on the DL...and finally coming out the closet. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Awww...as if we'd think any less of you, Silly! Besides, having hair like yours and Allandra's, Supergirl's,...(You know, all the long relaxed heads on here) does help dispel the myths that relaxed hair is hopelessly damaged. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Just one toss from you is enough to punctuate that misconception with an unspoken "Says who!" /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm proud of you for doing what was comfortable for you; sticking with what you're already an expert at handling. You 'still ma hero!

kitchen_tician

/images/graemlins/weird.gif "It's alright, It's okay, we're gonna love you anyway!!!" /images/graemlins/weird.gif

At least you put forth a good effort and I'm sure you've made some new discoveries about your natural hair. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I tried for 7 months and it didn't work for me either. Oh well, /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Mariaat40

You're an inspiration whether you hair is relaxed or natural. You do you. I'm sure your hair is as beautiful as it's always been.

Lindy

[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/weird.gif "It's alright, It's okay, we're gonna love you anyway!!!" /images/graemlins/weird.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely!! /images/graemlins/wink.gif And I've gotta say that I don't blame you one bit... you have a head full of gorgeous relaxed hair... why mess with it?? (If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
Any update pics? I just love your hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Natural, texturized, relaxed~You will continue to remain my hair idol /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

teerama

Hot Mama!
I think a lot of us wondered why you were going to chop all that beautiful hair off!!! Even if you did say it would be gradual.

You are an inspiration to us relaxed heads here. I look forward to your journey to grow back the (was it 4") hair you already cut off!!!

SherryLove

thanks, nonie, kitchentician, mariaat40, lindy, cupcakecutie5, and denali...

crysdon - i know i have not been the best at updating my album...LOL...i will be posting update pics in october...one thing i can say my hair is much thicker looking and growing nicely with the phytorelaxer.

thanks again, ladies...i am feeling better and better......

Ayeshia

Dont feel bad Sherrylove. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Thats why I did the BC. i knew that if I did a long transition I would eventually relax my hair again. But hey if relxing is best for you, then do whats best! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tonya

It is ok sweetie! I transitioned for 7 months only to texturize.....Whatever you do that mane of your inspires many!

Tai

Don't feel bad, SherryLove. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif Your relaxed hair is so breathtaking.

I think a lot of people, myself included, have second thoughts about going natural. I'm starting to get weak but trying to stay strong. /images/graemlins/look.gif

foxybronx

Sherry, It’s your hair!…it’s your perogative to do anything to it that you want (EXCEPT cut it real short /images/graemlins/laugh.gif) just kidding! but seriously, who is anyone to judge? Anyway, your hair is gorgeous no matter what!! You are one of my relaxed hair role models.

ms_kenesha

I'm glad that I inspired you to "come out of the closet". Either way know that we support you! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Honi

There is no board.
Sherry I was wondering how your transitioning was going. I was perplexed with the reason you wanted to mess with perfection! It was always beautiful to me. The last relaxer before this one with the Phyto was bangin! I'm so glad your happy with YOUR decision.

So I guess your goal is waistlength yes? You will be there in two shakes of a lambs tail. /images/graemlins/clap.gif

alibi

hair bored
Don't feel bad Sherry! You have to do what's best for Y-O-U, and no one else!!! Your hair is gorgeous, so enjoy swinging it around a bit for me, huh? LOL

SherryLove

ayanapooh, foxyb, mskenesha, and ayeshia, thank you for your words of encouragement.

Tai - I hope you can remain strong; and if not, it's still ok...

Honi - well, now that i am using the baggie method my ends are not splitting and i am able to retain more length......i wish i would have known about it sooner.oh well....i am thinking i will be at waist length real soon, but i will let it grow until it stops.......

J

JenniferMD

Hey Sherrylove /images/graemlins/wave.gif

I can totally understand how you might feel embarrased b/c you told all of us you were going to go natural, but I think all of us here have made drastic statements about our hair only not to go through with it LOL! Only with you, you're such an inspiration that your decision stood out! Your hair is absolutely goregous and I'm glad you've decided to continue to relax...I didn't want you to cut off all your hair. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

A

anks

Hi Sherrylove, your hair is still beautiful regardless if its natural, relaxed, or texturized! You did good job considering what Y-O-U thought would be best for Y-O-U-R hair!!! I'm relaxed and wanted to go natural at one point of time...i decided to stay relaxed because it's best for me.

LEOLADYSW

I don't understand why you would feel embarrassed, it is your hair, your life, and your right to do as you please.

We are only here to support you in your decisions, not make them for you. Just like you are there for us.

Girl, we are here for you no matter if you go Kojak on us!

TigerLily

Oh SherryLove, it's okay! You have to do what works best for your hair. Shoo! you're the one who has to deal with it everyday, not us! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Whatever your decision, you know that were here to support you! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

NGC

SherryLove,

Don't feel bad, do you, that's what counts.

Your hair is gorgeous. I have to admit I was shocked when you said you were transitioning and even more shocked when you had that big trim.

You are and will continue to be an inspiration no matter what you do cause we all saw you did it before!

Can't wait to see your updates /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carlie

The important thing is that you did what was best for YOU! Your hair is still beautiful and is still healthy! Just keep it growing so we can continue to be in awe of your hair! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

loverofnaps71

I ain't gone lie. I love my naps, but if I had 31 inches of long, relaxed hair, I wouldn't cut it either! Congrats on following your heart. /images/graemlins/wink.gif