Oils,Grease,Pomades,Butters,Lotions,Cremes Challenge 2014

Jewell

Wednesday night: Overnight oil soak using Dabur Vatika Oil and Ramtirth Brahmi Oil allover hair and scalp. Placed a plastic cap, plastic bag, and wrapped an old towel over it. Slept on a towel as well, yet I still had an oil leak! Will use a lot less oil next time! Shampooed and conditioned it out Thursday after over 12 hours with Jason Natural Biotin shampoo and conditioner and Silicon Mix Bambu nutritive hair treatment.

Last edited:

Jewell

Oh and I applied my homemade herbal oil to my edges, massaged in this morning and wrapped my hair back up. Will apply again tomorrow night.

nmartin20

I applied my oil mixture and I styled my hair with Shescentit's Papaya Curly Soufflé and their Juicy Berry Buttercream Frosting. My hair seem to do well with this combination.

I'm impressed with their products and this was my first time using these products. I like so far... I won't take my hair down until tomorrow.

jprayze

Liquid gold on my scalp, grapeseed oil on my hair and JBCO with peppermint EO on my ends. I should be good for the day :)

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Hello Ladies, :wave:
i have a question. When it's time to wash out the oils, grease, etc. Do You use a sulphate or sulphate free shampoo?

faithVA

After leave in used hairveda shikakai. Oiled my scalp and sealed my ends with natures blessing. Sealed my hair with natural oasis.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
Overnight pre-poo with Vatika oil.

i have a question. When it's time to wash out the oils, grease, etc. Do You use a sulphate or sulphate free shampoo?

I use a sulfate free shampoo and it works well for me. However, I ony use natural products, so I don't have as much extra gunk to get off my scalp and hair.

gimbap

I just bought a sulfate-free clarifying shampoo by Ouidad. It claims to remove product build-up without stripping your hair. I haven't used it yet, but it sounds promising.

Babygrowth

Hey ladies. Can y'all recommended a medium thick oil? I want something lighter than Castor oil but thicker than say GSO? Or even a natural serum? Or a pre made oil mix?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Babygrowth

I like HV's Avosoya Oil or CoCasta. :love:

Although CoCosta is almost the same weight as CO. Smells like a Dream.:lick:

Avosoya is lighter and also smells good.

I also like KeraVada Oils (for the Pre-Mixed)

Annabelle's Oil is good too.

Afroveda also has some nice Pre-Mixed Blends.:drool:

I also like BoBeam's Oil:yep:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Babygrowth

ETA: Hydratherma Naturals Growth Oil *very, very nice*
Koils By Natures Oil
Marie Dean's Argan Blend & Marie Dean's Baobab Oil Blend
Brown Butter Beauty's Neem Oil
Purabody Naturals Brazil Loc and PBN's Sapote Oil

Angelbean

Spritzed a water aloe Vera juice mix on roots and length then oiled scalp with sulphur jbco oil mix then applied APB Ayurvedic cream to length *this cream leaves my hair so yummy!* and I sealed with happy nappy honey Caramel brûlée <<<I like it as a sealant even tho there was chunks in it :/

Duchess007

After this week's henna session, did a DC, an ACV rinse, and a Grapeseed oil rinse. Then applied homemade leave-in mix and sealed with softee herbal gro.

image-3020287818.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Saturday prepoo with a hot oil mix of evolution, JBCO, honey and hot six oil. i left this on for 45 minutes. Washed this out with a sulphate shampoo and conditioner. Did quite protective style and Used a leave -in, gel and sealed with Wild growth oil.

Eta: i make it a point to prepoo my hair/scalp with hot oil treatment weekly but don't need to oil my scalp throughout the week. Ends i just slather on the oils/butters.

Last edited: