Oh say it ain't so Silk Elements!

calihair 2007

I switched to SE perm last year because of all the great reviews. My hair started to shed, a little, next perm, little bit more, next perm more and more. I didn't want to think it was the perm but after switching back to an old favorite (Optimum) recently and not changing my regimen, my hair has "dramatically" decreased the shedding.

Have this happened to anyone!

LivingDoll

I switched to SE perm last year because of all the great reviews. My hair started to shed, a little, next perm, little bit more, next perm more and more. I didn't want to think it was the perm but after switching back to an old favorite (Optimum) recently and not changing my regimen, my hair has "dramatically" decreased the shedding.

Have this happened to anyone!

Yes. I experienced enough shedding after the first use that i won't be using it again. A good number of ladies here have complained that it made their hair shed. :yep:

Platinum

Aw damn!:sad: I was thinking about trying that next. Oh well, I guess I should find another relaxer.

Yep:yep: happened to me too_Only used it once and never used it again after that.I knew it had to be that relaxer because I had not changed my regimen and I had been using the same products.Now I use Mizani Butter Blends and I love it!!

Amerie123

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Ok, I have that relaxer, and planned on using it. :sad: so, can someone tell me where to get mizani butter blends if this happens to me?

sqzbly1908

Wow ...really?!?! I was thinking about getting it... I will stay with my Mizani Butter Blend..Thanks for the heads up!!!

You can order the MBB online and most beauty supplies MAY carry it

Lissa0821

Yes, I am dealing with the same issue. I can't believe I dealing with this amount of shedding, but oh well you live and you learn. I will never, ever use this perm again.

prtybrwnis

I have only used it once in December and I loved it. I haven't had any increased shedding. I will see how it goes my next go around, but so far so good.

supermodelsonya

Ive used it twice and I dont have this problem. Hmmmmm.....I wonder why this is happening? My question is to the ladies that this is happening to...

Do you do protein? And if so, how often? Once I started doing protein treatments weekly, I don't have shedding or breakage.

calihair 2007

With all the great reviews I kept on reusing it. Since I switched back to Optimum my hair feels so much better. It's not shedding and when I wash it I only have a few sheds of hair in oppose to Silk Elements I would have "literally" a handful of hair and I have thin hair to start with :nono:.

Mizani Butter Blends, I may have to try that if Optimum lets me down. Thanks for all the replies

LivingDoll

I've never ever had that much shedding from anything. It was alarming. I use protein weekly so I know it wasn't that.

The shedding doesn't happen to everyone though. The ladies that haven't used it should still try it to see how it works for them. Many ladies here swear by it. I'm a Hawaiian Silky girl myself. :yep: