OCT and Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor...same product different bottle!!

adw425

This is from my May 5th post in the Naturals and Protein thread. I have had great results with my "bastardized" version.

___________________________________-

Recently, I looked at all the ingredients in MT/OCT (hydrolyzed keratin, muccopolysacharides, amino acids, panthenol, marine proteins) and made up my own version of it -- mostly to try to use up some of the conditioner I have and just as a small experiment that I could stop if it disagreed with my hair. It did not. Not only is my hair thus far loving it, I am using up some of the myriad conditioners I have in my linen closet, cabinet and laundry room.

It is a creamy concoction of the horse conditioner (I use Cabellina del Caballos - hydrolyzed amino acids, horsetail, panthenol), Aphogee intensive keratin reconstructor (the creamy one, see below*), Freeman Sea Kelp/WR Ocean Mist (marine proteins) conditioners, which give me all the ingredients for far less money, plus the Cabellina has horsetail to boot. I made a gallon of the stuff -- half of it is the horse conditioner...

I also have a liquid concoction made up of Duo Tex (collagen), aloe vera (mucopolysaccharides), Aphogee keratin and green tea restructurizer and avocado mist (panthenol and more mucopolys...) that I spray on first on dry hair. My scalp immediately starts tingling, itching, crawling (in a good way, smile). I then layer on the creamy stuff on my hair, leave on for up to an hour and rinse. I have been doing nearly daily for two weeks now and my hair is thriving, thriving, thriving -- thicker, lusher, stronger, considerably less shrinkage and, I daresay, I have even had some new growth, which is phenomenal because I only get about one fourth inch of growth a month and I have already had that.

*(Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysaccharides, Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur -- in addition to the chemicals it contains, of course, smile)

MissRissa

yeah come on chemists and mixologists. between those with the chemistry degrees and all of our kitchen alchemists we need to make our own version. cause err um, i done already gone through 3 bottles of OCT. This third bottle is bout empty and I won't be able to afford another bottle for at least a month.

BostonMaria

I thought it was not a good idea to leave Aphogee in your hair for more than 5 minutes. Isn't that the one that makes your hair hard as a rock?

Evalina1

I love the way you always think out the box!!!! :grin:

This is from my May 5th post in the Naturals and Protein thread. I have had great results with my "bastardized" version.

___________________________________-

Recently, I looked at all the ingredients in MT/OCT (hydrolyzed keratin, muccopolysacharides, amino acids, panthenol, marine proteins) and made up my own version of it -- mostly to try to use up some of the conditioner I have and just as a small experiment that I could stop if it disagreed with my hair. It did not. Not only is my hair thus far loving it, I am using up some of the myriad conditioners I have in my linen closet, cabinet and laundry room.

It is a creamy concoction of the horse conditioner (I use Cabellina del Caballos - hydrolyzed amino acids, horsetail, panthenol), Aphogee intensive keratin reconstructor (the creamy one, see below*), Freeman Sea Kelp/WR Ocean Mist (marine proteins) conditioners, which give me all the ingredients for far less money, plus the Cabellina has horsetail to boot. I made a gallon of the stuff -- half of it is the horse conditioner...

I also have a liquid concoction made up of Duo Tex (collagen), aloe vera (mucopolysaccharides), Aphogee keratin and green tea restructurizer and avocado mist (panthenol and more mucopolys...) that I spray on first on dry hair. My scalp immediately starts tingling, itching, crawling (in a good way, smile). I then layer on the creamy stuff on my hair, leave on for up to an hour and rinse. I have been doing nearly daily for two weeks now and my hair is thriving, thriving, thriving -- thicker, lusher, stronger, considerably less shrinkage and, I daresay, I have even had some new growth, which is phenomenal because I only get about one fourth inch of growth a month and I have already had that.

*(Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysaccharides, Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur -- in addition to the chemicals it contains, of course, smile)

JustKiya

Interesting.

If ya'll can do this, maybe in the process ya'll will be able to pinpoint what makes it work.

Personally, I'll be sticking with my MT. :lol:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Rock on ladies! Try and it and let us know. :yep:

God is able and I still have a job, so I will continue to purchase my OVATION Cell Therapy from DC Labs as long as I can afford to.

My hairstylist uses Aphogee on my hair after my touch-ups to reconstruct, but I don't use it any other time. :ohwell:

adw425

My I-cannot-buy-OCT-because-it-costs-$58.00-which-is-three-quarters-of-a-tank-of-gas-for-me-in-this-economy-version (smile) is spiked with aloe vera, which I have been singing the praises of since January in probably now at least 30 or more posts.

The human body requires 20 amino acids to build protein; eight of these amino acids are 'essential' which means the body can't make them itself. Aloe vera contains 19 of these amino acids, and seven of the essential amino acids. AV contains glyco-proteins (which I am assuming are the aminos), sulfur and collagen, muccopolysacharides, enzymes and lactic acid. It contains most of the same constituents as horsetail as well as contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12 (the aloe vera plant is one of the few plants in the world to contain vitamin B12), C, E, folic acid and niacin. The minerals found in aloe vera include calcium, iron, potassium, copper, zinc, manganese, magnesium, chromium and more. It has the ability to accelerate cell rejuvenation, facilitates the release of collagen and elastin and increases blood flow/circulation.

SilverSurfer

this is interesting. I've been thinking/hoping that between the ingredients for the OCT and MT, someone will be able to crack the cold and help us make our own version.

charmtreese

That's exactly what I've been doing and the results have been great so far.

Really, so you are already using aphogee w/ MT and still getting good results!!! That's great!

I thought it was not a good idea to leave Aphogee in your hair for more than 5 minutes. Isn't that the one that makes your hair hard as a rock?

Not the hardening one, the 2 min reconstructor. IMO if you can leave OCT on Aphogee should not be a problem since it's probably not as concentrated. People are mixing MT/OCT with other things to make it less potent, but maybe aphogee alone is like a mixed MT or OCT....

My I-cannot-buy-OCT-because-it-costs-$58.00-which-is-three-quarters-of-a-tank-of-gas-for-me-in-this-economy-version (smile) is spiked with aloe vera, which I have been singing the praises of since January in probably now at least 30 or more posts.

The human body requires 20 amino acids to build protein; eight of these amino acids are 'essential' which means the body can't make them itself. Aloe vera contains 19 of these amino acids, and seven of the essential amino acids. AV contains glyco-proteins (which I am assuming are the aminos), sulfur and collagen, muccopolysacharides, enzymes and lactic acid. It contains most of the same constituents as horsetail as well as contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12 (the aloe vera plant is one of the few plants in the world to contain vitamin B12), C, E, folic acid and niacin. The minerals found in aloe vera include calcium, iron, potassium, copper, zinc, manganese, magnesium, chromium and more. It has the ability to accelerate cell rejuvenation, facilitates the release of collagen and elastin and increases blood flow/circulation.

I'm all over the Aloe Vera thing now! Im going to mix some with a little OCT and apply it nightly!!!!

charmtreese

this is interesting. I've been thinking/hoping that between the ingredients for the OCT and MT, someone will be able to crack the cold and help us make our own version.

I know...especially because the ingredients in OCT are not that "special". Mixing something like Aphogee & Aloe Vera may give the same results, and maybe add a little SAA for good measure!

What other conditioners have Marine protein?

gorgeoushair

Here are all the ingredients:

OCT: Deionized Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, DM DM Hydantoin, Methlparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Frangrance

MT: Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein, stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, peg 100 stearate, marine protein, peg 40, panthenol, dimethicone copolyol, magnesium citrate, allantoin, amino acids, methylparaben, mucopolysaccharides, polyparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance

APHOGEE (OLD VERSION): Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

APHOGEE (NEW VERSION): water, glycerin, stearalkonium chloride, cetylalcohol, mineral oil, cetearyl alcohol, hydrolized keratin, hydrolyzed vegtable protein, trimethysloxyamodimethicone, maurita flexuosa fruit oil, avocado oil, wheat germ oil, etc...

Does anyone have the rest of the ingredients to Aphogee the new one?

charmtreese

Here are all the ingredients:

OCT: Deionized Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, DM DM Hydantoin, Methlparaben, Propylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Frangrance

MT: Deionized water, hydrolyzed keratin protein, stearalkonium chloride, glyceryl stearate, peg 100 stearate, marine protein, peg 40, panthenol, dimethicone copolyol, magnesium citrate, allantoin, amino acids, methylparaben, mucopolysaccharides, polyparaben, imidazolidinyl urea, fragrance

APHOGEE (OLD VERSION): Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

APHOGEE (NEW VERSION): water, glycerin, stearalkonium chloride, cetylalcohol, mineral oil, cetearyl alcohol, hydrolized keratin, hydrolyzed vegtable protein, trimethysloxyamodimethicone, maurita flexuosa fruit oil, avocado oil, wheat germ oil, Linoleamidoprpyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phospate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Panthenol, Vit E, Collagen Amino Acids, squalane, Phytantriol, Petroleum, Polysorbate60, Amodimethicone, Centrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Tideceth12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9m Arachidonic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Frangrance, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydration, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzote

Does anyone have the rest of the ingredients to Aphogee the new one?

I added the full ingredients to the New Aphogee.

APHOGEE (NEW VERSION): water, glycerin, stearalkonium chloride, cetylalcohol, mineral oil, cetearyl alcohol, hydrolized keratin, hydrolyzed vegtable protein, trimethysloxyamodimethicone, maurita flexuosa fruit oil, avocado oil, wheat germ oil, Linoleamidoprpyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phospate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Panthenol, Vit E,squalane, Phyta Collagen Amino Acids, ntriol, Petroleum, Polysorbate60, Amodimethicone, Centrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Tideceth12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9m Arachidonic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Frangrance, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydration, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzote

Castor oil is the only thing that OCT has that Aphogee does not. The rest of the ingredients found in OCT are in Aphogee.

Aggie

I added the full ingredients to the New Aphogee.

APHOGEE (NEW VERSION): water, glycerin, stearalkonium chloride, cetylalcohol, mineral oil, cetearyl alcohol, hydrolized keratin, hydrolyzed vegtable protein, trimethysloxyamodimethicone, maurita flexuosa fruit oil, avocado oil, wheat germ oil, Linoleamidoprpyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phospate, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Panthenol, Vit E,squalane, Phyta Collagen Amino Acids, ntriol, Petroleum, Polysorbate60, Amodimethicone, Centrimonium Chloride, Polyquaternium-10, Tideceth12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9m Arachidonic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Linoleic Acid, Stearyl Alcohol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Citric Acid, Frangrance, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydration, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzote

Castor oil is the only thing that OCT has that Aphogee does not. The rest of the ingredients found in OCT are in Aphogee.

Hmmmm, I don't know but Aphogee seems to have almost 50-11 times more ingredients than OCT and MT unless you guys left out some of the ingredients. Did you?

Last edited:

Rain20

I want try the mix of cabellina and cabello, aphogee, and freeman's sea kelp cond. But I have Jason's sea kelp conditioner. Could I use this instead? I also have Duotex, a little bit of Avocado Mist, and Aphogee green tea and keratin reconstructor. I may give this a try. What about a little glycerin to the mix, othewise seems like it might be too drying?

Aggie

Nope.....why would you think we left something out?

I might have read the original post wrong but I thought that it is being said that the OCT/MT/Aphogee all have the same ingredients, but I remember that Aphogee has wayyy more than the former 2 products. Anyways, I could be wrong and in that case don't mind me, carry on ladies:yep:.

I will try to keep my lips pinned from here on but I will continue to lurk and watch your progress with your mixes:grin:.

Last edited:

charmtreese

I might have read the original post wrong but I thought that it is being said that the OCT/MT/Aphogee all have the same ingredients, but I remember that Aphogee has wayyy more than the former 2 products. Anyways, I could be wrong and in that case don't mind me, carry on ladies:yep:.

I will try to keep my lips pinned from here on but I will continue to lurk and watch your progress with your mixes:grin:.

Girl please, you don't have to keep your "lips pinned" the more info, help, and different opinions the better! :yep:

The reason why I started this thread was because of a sniff test I did with my OCT and Aphogee (IMO they smell just alike) and then I noticed that OCT and Aphogee contained the same ingredients, granted aphogee has more ingredients however the main ingredients in OCT are located at the top of the list in Aphogee. Plus some people are mixing OCT with 50-11 things anyway...so I was like "ummm maybe this is my OCT already mixed!!!":grin:

Amour

I want to try this.

How exactly are you guys using this?

every other day on the scalp without rinising? or as a rinse out conditioner?

adw425

I want try the mix of cabellina and cabello, aphogee, and freeman's sea kelp cond. But I have Jason's sea kelp conditioner. Could I use this instead? I also have Duotex, a little bit of Avocado Mist, and Aphogee green tea and keratin reconstructor. I may give this a try. What about a little glycerin to the mix, othewise seems like it might be too drying?

It does not dry my hair out in the least. I will PM you.

Aggie

Girl please, you don't have to keep your "lips pinned" the more info, help, and different opinions the better! :yep:

The reason why I started this thread was because of a sniff test I did with my OCT and Aphogee (IMO they smell just alike) and then I noticed that OCT and Aphogee contained the same ingredients, granted aphogee has more ingredients however the main ingredients in OCT are located at the top of the list in Aphogee. Plus some people are mixing OCT with 50-11 things anyway...so I was like "ummm maybe this is my OCT already mixed!!!":grin:

Good luck with your mix hun. I was one of the persons mixing my MT up with a few things but after 60 days I realized that I wasn't getting the best results:wallbash: so I switched back to using at least 90% MT, 10% Jamaican Black castor oil, a few drops of essential oil and a tiny drop of honeyquat for moisture. All that other stuff and watering down - gone. I also started oiling my scalp with jojoba oil before applying my OCT straight up. I'm using my OCT straight, MT with a little oil for maximum and better results:yep:.

LaNecia

Hey Mona, I do recall that conversation! :yep:

As for me, I have no curiosity. I love the MegaTek, always have and that is what I will use. Best of luck ladies!l let us know how it goes!

*LaLa*

charmtreese

Good luck with your mix hun. I was one of the persons mixing my MT up with a few things but after 60 days I realized that I wasn't getting the best results:wallbash: so I switched back to using at least 90% MT, 10% Jamaican Black castor oil, a few drops of essential oil and a tiny drop of honeyquat for moisture. All that other stuff and watering down - gone. I also started oiling my scalp with jojoba oil before applying my OCT straight up. I'm using my OCT straight, MT with a little oil for maximum and better results:yep:.

I mixed some OCT with Aloe Vera gel, however Im gonna try it straight up in my problem areas! Or maybe I will oil with vatika first and then apply...Do you think applying oil to the scalp and then the OCT is best??

I've never been one for continuing with mixes so if anything I may try the Aphogee straight after Im done with my OCT. Im gonna keep everyone posted on how much growth I get with OCT compared to Aphogee.

hondahoney007

I'm glad I saw this thread. I just purchased the OCT, shampoo and the rinse. I also have the aphogee 2 min reconstructor which I LOVE!!!!

gorgeoushair

no need to keep your lips pinned. i hope you don't think I was trying to be smart or anything......maybe i took your post wrong and maybe I got offended when you said maybe we posted the ingredients wrong? I love all the info you give on this board:grin:

Rain20

Wow wouldnt it be great if there was more than choice to help us reach our hair goals. Some people have not been able to use the Mega-Tek because of shedding. Plus I really do refuse to pay Ovation prices unless someone grows waistlength from shoulder length in one year(or at least a guaranteed 4-5 inches on top of my normal growth). It makes sense that another protein product or a mix of products could yield the same results. Everyone keeps saying I'm sticking with Ovation or Mega-Tek. That's great but everyone should keep an open mind to what are the ingredients in the products that are responsible for the growth. If its protein, there would be lots of products that could be used in the same way and yield similar results with a more reasonable price. So let the recipes keep coming. If you dont want to try them right now at least the information will be available. Okay that's all.