Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor

I've heard alot of horror stories about Aphogee Hardcore treatments, so I wanted to try the mild 2 min reconstuctor. I was wondering is 5 mins the maximum amount of time this can be left on or can you use it longer with heat? And do you have to do a moisturizing conditioner after?

Hey coco, you can dc with this 2 minute treatment for 30 minutes if you want to and yes it is highly recommended to use a moisturizing deep conditrioner afterwards for an additional 30 minutes to an hour.

I use it for 5 minutes and then use NTM reccovery mask afterwards.. hair feels like silk after that! I have left in longer than 5 minutes, but it was too much for my hair but my friend can leave it in without a problem!! HTH

I found a bottle of the orginal formula on sale and was wondering the same question.
Thanks! Ladies. I will leave it on for 15-20 mins my first use.

What kind of problems did you get with the hardcore treatment? I love that hardcare one and use it aleast once a month. With the 2 min one can you use it more than once a week?

What kind of problems did you get with the hardcore treatment? I love that hardcare one and use it aleast once a month. With the 2 min one can you use it more than once a week?[/quote]

Too much protein in your hair is not recommended. It will get hard, dry out and begin to break badly. Protein overload is incredibly difficult to correct so I would not advise it.

OT: I love the Aphogee hardcore treatment. If you ever have elasticity issues, it will seriously correct them. I use it every month and half.

Aphogee mild is good, also. I would definitely use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards, though.

I mix about a dime size of this in with my deep conditioner about every other week and it has been beneficial.

I have been faithfully using the Aphogee 2 Min Reconstructor once a week for about 6 months now and I leave it in for about 45min with a plastic cap and I LOVE it. I often follow up with a moisturizing conditioner but if I don't have the time to do so my hair is just fine, actually I like the way my hair feels without the follow up conditioner to be honest:grin:

As you can see from the above responses it's a matter of how much protein your hair does or doesn't care for. Or if its damaged.

I'd suggest starting off with it in your DCs, like another poster above mentioned. Just adding enough to have an effect.

If nothing changes maybe try it straight -by the instructions. Following up with a DC. Then try it longer with heat if you get no effect after that.

If your hair doens't care for it, even diluted in a DC, which you'll know right away if you try that first, then maybe it should be a pass for you.

This is the review I wrote in my Sally's review album, in my fotki:

ApHogee 2-Minute Reconstructor
WONDROUS STUFF! It is a stronger protein mind you. Perfect for just after a relaxer or for keeping natural hair strong but moisturized. GOOD PRODUCT! If you're sensitive to protein be SURE to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards. You won't be disappointed.

I used it as a co-wash when my fully relaxed hair was weak and damaged. Then weekly for my texlaxed hair. It's GREAT for DC bases as a protein element. As a natural I prefer netral protein filler (See review) but, would have no issue returning to this if need be.

FINE HAIRED LADIES: This is a good way to test out ApHOGEE products on your hair. You may need only this, or to use it bi-weekly, or once a month, etc. This is a good way to experiment with adding protein to your regiment in a way that will get results, but won't set you back in terms of overload like the Two-step Treatment by ApHOGEE might.

ENJOY!
Ingredients:
Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Behenamidopropylamine Behenatem Stearolkonium Chloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cocodimonium Hydrolyzed Hair Keratin, Hydrolzed Mucopolysac Charides, Sodium Coco Collagen Amino Acids, Wheat Germ Fatty Acids, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Arachidonic Acid, Squalane, Avocado Oil, Acetimide MEA, Panthenol, Wheat Germ Oil, Jojoba Oil, Tocopherol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sulfur, Amodimethicone, Polyquaternium 10, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium, Chloride Phosphate, Tallowtrimonium Chloride, Nonoxynol 10, Cocoyl Sarcosine, Sorbitol, Fragrance, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

HTH!

I use it about once or twice a month. I have fine to medium hair and twice a month is enough for me. To be honest I kind of cheat I put a dollop of this and and a handful of a moistuirizing conditioner in my hair simultaneously as a DC with heat for 30-45 minutes and the results are wonderful. I highly recommend the 2 minute treatment. I have never used the hardcore Aphogee treatment so I cannot compare the two.​

Back