Nubian Heritage Review thread

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Edge Taming Taffy

Immediately when I opened I saw the butters had separated from the oils and it looked clotted. See pic
ForumRunner_20130116_201317.jpg
The clots melt between the hands.

My natural edges laughed. It didn't even pretend to hold them down.

Then I thought it would make a good hair dressing/sealer. And it is if you use shampoo. It left a thick itchy buildup on hair and scalp that dried me out. Attempts to cowash it out were a joke. Ended up using a sulfate shampoo.

Later saw that it contains glycerin. Using it in this dry time of year is disaster. No wonder my scalp was in bad shape! I would think that glycerin also causes hair to revert which defeats the purpose of edge control.

It does make a nice hand cream, though.

Won't be buying this again.

Babygrowth

Nubian Heritage grow and strengthen mask:

Hit- because my hair felt soft but strong. Its really, really thick (thicker than hydroquench coco mango) which my hair normally doesn't like but she liked this. I used it for about 2 hrs and had to follow with SSI avocado and my hair felt amazing

Miss- because the smell! OMG its toooo strong for me! I didn't mind it at first but then my allergies started going crazy and the smell stayed in my hair for 4 days no matter what I put on it!!! I tried to deal with it but this is going back and I'm going to find something that can give me good results and smells awesome!

ETA: I am relaxed/texlaxed.

Britt

I use to use a lot of their soaps and body washes, still hv a few left in my closet. Years ago I really liked their Shea Butter leave in conditioner as a moisturizer. This is all part of their old line- not sure if they make it anymore.

lamaria211

I bought the Repair and Extend poo and conditioner today. Has anyone tried those? I may go get the masque this weekend

CodeRed

I bought the Repair and Extend poo and conditioner today. Has anyone tried those? I may go get the masque this weekend

I don't like the shampoo but then again my hair does the same thing with all shampoos: clumps and feels like it has a gummy residue. I really liked the conditioner though. Strong yet soft hair, no breakage - just my regular few shed hairs.

CodeRed

Bumping....

I bought the Indian Hemp and Tamanu masque... I have yet to use it but I'm happy I found this thread again. I'll use it closer to relaxer time (before and after the process). It seems like they've stopped making a lot of Nubian Heritage hair care available in stores or available period...

imaginary

I have the Indian Hemp and Tamanu cowash and I really like it. The only thing I dislike about it is the too perfumey smell. But I have sinus issues so it may not be a big deal to others.

mshoneyfly

I have practically all of these products. Cant remember why I never finished the bottles. I will have to revisit to use them up.

I think they still sell them at CVS

AgeinATL

I have the Indian Hemp and Tamanu cowash and I really like it. The only thing I dislike about it is the too perfumey smell. But I have sinus issues so it may not be a big deal to others.

I agree. The smell is WAY too strong and perfumey. Scents don't usually bother me, but this one totally did....and it lingers. I wasn't able to fully determine if I liked it because of the loud smell!

I love their Heat Protect Keratin Wrap Mousse. Not much hold, but it makes my hair super soft and shiny.