Nubian Heritage Review thread

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i really love the evoo and moringa custard. it makes my hair lay out really flat when i slicked it back.

Coffee

Walgreen's has a BOGO (online, not sure if it's in the store) on a couple of their hair products; then they have a 20% off. So, I got 2 each of Heat Protector, Strengthen & Grow and Repair & Extend for $27.86 including shipping. I had to buy some cleaning piks and lip gloss to bring it to $25 for the free shipping. A couple of the ones I wanted are out of stock. Still a good buy.

Last edited:

Lita

I like the Honey & Black serum/ and the Honey Black hair cream..EVOO Moringa Repair & Extra Butter Cream...Glad I can get it local..

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Kurlee

revisted the tamanu conditioner and it's pretty decent. Used it to co-wash out my hendigo today and then I let it sit for ten minutes. It gave me really soft and manageable hair, yet strong at the same time. I followed up with a moisturizing DC afterwards. It's a good conditioner, but DON'T leave it on too long.:nono:

Last edited:

ManeStreet

It smells soooo good. And my hair is super duper moisturized but not greasy. I will see how its holds up over the weekend.

It lasted great & it was drizzling all weekend & I didnt use an umbrella. I just kept it in a bun on the top of my head at night with a bonnet rather than wrapping it.

neeki

Walgreen's has a BOGO (online, not sure if it's in the store) on a couple of their hair products; then they have a 20% off. So, I got 2 each of Heat Protector, Strengthen & Grow and Repair & Extend for $27.86 including shipping. I had to buy some cleaning piks and lip gloss to bring it to $25 for the free shipping. A couple of the ones I wanted are out of stock. Still a good buy.

The BOGO is going on in stores too. I was at Walgreens yesterday and decided to make a quick trip thru the hair aisle and saw these products for the first time. Yesterday I bought the Hair Masque and Edge Taffy. After reading the reviews, today I went back for the Hair Butter and also got the Honey and Black Seed Hair and Scalp Serum.

I'm trying to wear my natural straight while its cold so besides the hair masque, none of the products I bought have water in them. I think I'll use the pre-poo directions for the hair masque, and follow with a moisturizing conditioner.

Kurlee

The repair and extend masque with the green label is the truth! I slept with it and then I cowashed it out with the Tamanu conditioner. Uber soft and strong hair! poppin curls!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I can't wait to try these products out.

I ended up with:

2 Grow/Strengthening Treatments
2 EVOO Butters
2 Black Seed Leave-Ins

@Kurlee

I wish I knew how long the B1 G1 was? When I got my little Stash, the Walgreen's I went to (actually 2) neither one had a very good Selection.:nono:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
At one of the Walgreen's I was at, the Gel (in the Tube) was on Clearance for like $3.00. The EVOO & Moringa

I don't use Gel, so I left it behind.:perplexed

Just11412

i bought the heat protectant spray and the cream. i'm going to straighten my hair for new years. i hope it works out well.

Just11412

^^ i will most definitely. i only use mostly natural products on my hair so this was the best to buy. I'm stretching my hair as much as i can prior to flat ironing so that i don't get any heat damage.

BeautifulRoots

Slightly off topic, but has anyone tried the nubian heritage body washes? I'm thinking of trying one and wanted to know if anyone had reviews on them?

koolkittychick

I got the Tamanu grow and strengthen custard and hair masque on a BOGO sale at Walgreens a couple of months ago, and I really like this line; it's the only stuff I've added to my regimen in a year. The custard I use as a leave-in, but I have to mix it with my water-based moisturizer, as it is very thick and it doesn't leave my hair as soft as I like when I use it alone, especially when I'm deep into a stretch as I am now. The masque I use as a deep conditioner once a week, and it works very well for me. My hair soaks it right up under the dryer, and the keratin leaves it very strong but supple, which is important when I have so much new growth to contend with during detangling. I'm losing almost no hair now during washing and detangling even at 12 weeks post relaxer, which is phenomenal for my fine, 4a hair. I would probably try the shampoo or conditioner if there is another BOGO sale, but I will definitely buy the hair masque again; it is the best deep conditioner I have tried outside of the keratin treatments I get at the salon, and much cheaper as well. :yep:

Just11412

so i used the heat protectant the spray and cream. didn't dry out my hair, very moisturizing and it made my hair soft. so the product was wonderful. however i can't really give a full review because my flat iron job was horrible. i just suck when it comes to flat ironing.

my flat iron was an epic failure. hence no pics. i haven't straightened my hair in like 5-6 years. and i have never used a flat iron before. lol. the last time i got my hair straightened i went to a dominican salon. and i just don't have the patience to flat iron my hair. after one section i was over it. my technique was all over the place. like i said after one section i was over it. lol.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Just11412

I plan to use the Creme Leave-In under the dryer w.no additional heat.

I'm wondering how it would work? I guess I can always use it on dry hair.:perplexed

Sorry your hair didn't turn out like you wanted it.:sad:

I am not a tools-girl either, so I know mine would have been messed up too.:lol:

sheanu

Slightly off topic, but has anyone tried the nubian heritage body washes? I'm thinking of trying one and wanted to know if anyone had reviews on them?

YES!!! I started using one of the washes for my face and noticed that my skin looked better so I stated using them all over. Now I only use NH body washes.

Lita

Just11412

I plan to use the Creme Leave-In under the dryer w.no additional heat.

I'm wondering how it would work? I guess I can always use it on dry hair.:perplexed

Sorry your hair didn't turn out like you wanted it.:sad:

I am not a tools-girl either, so I know mine would have been messed up too.:lol:

IDareT'sHair I have used the cream leave-in & air-dried my hair..Nice soft moisturized results..I've even used the Black Seed oil to seal,on air-dried hair..Both products work on wet/dry hair with-out blow drying....

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

Shea Mousture body soaps are very good..Especially if you have sensitive skin,I do & have not experienced any Negitive side effects...I like the fact that I can get it local.

Happy Hair Growing!

neeki

The BOGO sale at Walgreens has been extended. I was just there and the sign said thru Jan 26.

sheanu

Which products from the SM & NH lines are most moisturizing? A lot of them have proteins but I'm looking for moisture in my regimen.

MsSanz92

I want to try this line but heard a lot of people complain about the protein content of this product line. Since these products are geared towards natural hair I'm not sure why the majority of their products have so much protein in them when most women with natural hair need more moisture than protein for their hair.