Now that you use a hair steamer how has your relaxed/natural hair changed

debb

Now that you use a hair steamer...

how has your relaxed/natural hair changed?

I would really like to get a small one thats not too pricey. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

LaNecia

I haven't been using mine consistently but when I was, my hair was VERY moisturized. I'm relaxed by the way!

I have one that I purchased from BeautyBeautyUSA. The Model # is LR-08. The cost is $78.00 Plus tax and shipping. They never have a picture of it on their site so here it is from my photo album:

Someone just PM'd me about the contact info for BBUSA. I ordered mine back in 2004. Their website has been acting funky for a while but I remembered they are in NY I Yahoo-ed:

Beauty Beauty USA Inc
Address: 442 Broadway, New York, NY 10013
Phone: (212) 343-2660

Beauty Beauty USA Inc
Address: 87 Walker St # A77, New York, NY 10013
Phone: (212) 343-0513

Last edited:

morehairplease

VWVixxen said:
I haven't been using mine consistently but when I was, my hair was VERY moisturized. I'm relaxed by the way!

I have one that I purchased from BeautyBeautyUSA. The Model # is LR-08. The cost is $78.00 Plus tax and shipping. They never have a picture of it on their site so here it is from my photo album:

Someone just PM'd me about the contact info for BBUSA. I ordered mine back in 2004. Their website has been acting funky for a while but I remembered they are in NY I Yahoo-ed:

Beauty Beauty USA Inc
Address: 442 Broadway, New York, NY 10013
Phone: (212) 343-2660

Beauty Beauty USA Inc
Address: 87 Walker St # A77, New York, NY 10013
Phone: (212) 343-0513

VWV u are a sweetie for posting this! It's on my christmas list....thanks sweetie

alexstin

Someone posted about a very bad experience they had with Beauty Beauty and the steamer. I wonder if anyone has ordered a steamer recently.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It is not a dryer. It actually infuses your hair with warm steam. Like sitting in a steam room.

Or Better yet.... imagine an Iron on the Steam Setting upright, there is a constant emitting of Steam coming from the Hood of the Steamer that is infusing your hair with Moisture.:grin:

You fill the Reservoir with Distilled Water, Set the Timer, Wait and Steam away. It feels::love:

For me, it has really helped cure my dryness. It makes detangling a breeze and it just feels wonderfully therapeutic.

It also makes your Conditioners "perform" at Maximal Levels. If You have a Conditioner that is 'so-so' the Steamer will help boost it up a notch.

Your Good Conditioners will be Like Conditioner on Steroids......:lachen:

It's a Great Feeling. And By Far, the Best Investment I've made on my Quest for "Healthy Hair":yep:

LushLox

My hair is much softer now, I no longer have chronic dryness that used to plague my hair initially.

NaturalEnigma

I love my steamer. My hair is so much more moisturized and breaks much less. It melts away my new growth, and it makes my hair so soft. I highly recommend it.

frizzy

My hair has changed, it's not dry anymore. It doesn't get dry between washings and it stays soft. I don't have to do a lot of product additions during the week to keep it moisturized. I LOVE IT!

BostonMaria

I got mine off the salonrus website

My hair feels softer, more moisturized. I was shedding at the beginning of the winter and after the FIRST steam my shedding completely stopped. If I steam and then do a wash and go my hair looks and feels fabulous.

I highly recommend getting a steamer. Its especially good for the cold months.

BellaLunie

I got mine off the salonrus website

My hair feels softer, more moisturized. I was shedding at the beginning of the winter and after the FIRST steam my shedding completely stopped. If I steam and then do a wash and go my hair looks and feels fabulous.

I highly recommend getting a steamer. Its especially good for the cold months.

My hair has changed, it's not dry anymore. It doesn't get dry between washings and it stays soft. I don't have to do a lot of product additions during the week to keep it moisturized. I LOVE IT!

I love my steamer. My hair is so much more moisturized and breaks much less. It melts away my new growth, and it makes my hair so soft. I highly recommend it.

My hair is much softer now, I no longer have chronic dryness that used to plague my hair initially.

Or Better yet.... imagine an Iron on the Steam Setting upright, there is a constant emitting of Steam coming from the Hood of the Steamer that is infusing your hair with Moisture.:grin:

You fill the Reservoir with Distilled Water, Set the Timer, Wait and Steam away. It feels::love:

For me, it has really helped cure my dryness. It makes detangling a breeze and it just feels wonderfully therapeutic.

It also makes your Conditioners "perform" at Maximal Levels. If You have a Conditioner that is 'so-so' the Steamer will help boost it up a notch.

Your Good Conditioners will be Like Conditioner on Steroids......:lachen:

It's a Great Feeling. And By Far, the Best Investment I've made on my Quest for "Healthy Hair":yep:

I'm cosigning all these ladies! I'm 11 wks post and I've never been able to detangle so easily. I'm really thinking about stretching until 16wks instead of my normal 12. Also when I moisturize and seal I don't get broken hairs like I did before

MsLizziA

Wen i say my hair feels like butter, i mean my hair feels like butter. Its like magic or something. Imagine your hair being so soft all the time that YOU can't even keep your hands our of it... yes.. its that serious

LushLox

Add a few drops of peppermint oil to your condish and sit under the steamer - so beautiful on the scalp! :love:

Vintageglam

It stands to reason that black hair :love: steam, when you consider that our hair is adapted for humidity in the first place.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
It's Addictive. Even though I Love My Mastex Heat Cap......there is something totally therapeutic about Steaming.:yep:

Not to mention the incredible Moisture it Adds to your Hair.

bluediamond0829

I thought I posted in this one but I now see the benefits of using a steamer on my natural hair--and i wear my hair straight majority of the time.

If i don't steam treat my hair the back part of my hair doesnt lay and fall into place...its more harder to straighten and just isnt right...and plus i have layers so if those layers dont lay right then it doesnt look right..

Even if i can just steam it for 15 minutes its like someone else said my hair is like butter all over...and now this week i just see the benefits so much more compared to if i dont steam treat my hair...

I dont even have to use anykind of oil on my hair because partly is the steam treatments...i use a dime size of Morrocan oil and thats all i need!

Last edited: