Fall Steaming Challenge (Sept to Dec 2010)

Method of Steaming

• A table-top or floor steamer

Votes: 132 76.7%
  • Heat/Towel Method

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • Other Method (Please describe in the thread)

Votes: 10 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mrs. Verde

Chameleonchick
I don't think steaming for an hour is long. I do it all the time. My hair loves it. Also, you are in CO. My friend lives in Denver she is always talking about how the climate dries you out (hair, skin, etc.). I keep trying to get her to get a steamer, but you know some folks are hard headed.

Janet'

Wow! Came out nice. Really laid down the fluffiness and gave a nice shine. Does it feel as soft as it looks?

Yes! It really does. I'm happy and I will be upping my steaming to once a week for 20 minutes at a time...With all the color that I have, it can't hurt anything! Thanks!

nicki6

Hi ladies!:wave:

I relaxed with Soft and Beautiful Botanicals (reg for sensitive scalp) after 18.5 weeks. I think I was able to retain 2 inches. I am a 'do it yourself-er' since I am sure that I can't bully a stylist into doing all the 'extra' that is LHCF standard:look:

Last edited:

CA*Nappy

Yesterday I steamed in a mix of Nexxus Humectress, Moisture Maniac, DPR-11, AVJ, Grapeseed Oil, Olive Oil, after a mix of oils then steamed in Nexxus Humectress by itself.

winona

This morning preping hair for cornrows by steaming for 1hr (2X30) with a mix of AOWC, AORM, glycerin and SAA

Janet'

I steamed after wasing and doing a protein treatment. I went back to my Mixed Chick's leave-in with EVOO added and coconut oil added...Attached are the results- my hair, no product, unmanipulated...

Wash Pics Nov 10 016.jpgWash Pics Nov 10 014.jpgWash Pics Nov 10 015.jpg

nicki6

Deep condition under steamer for 20 mins with ORS olive oil replenishing pak. Applied Kimmay's leavein and set on gray flexirods. Sat under dryer for 30 mins.

lushlady

I haven't steamed in weeks, but today I was able to take some time with my hair. I shampooed and conditioned with alterna (purple bottle). Then I applied the alterna masque and sat under the steamer for 35 minutes. I hope I can get back to steaming weekly.

CA*Nappy

after a prepoo of Indian Oils, currently steaming in a mix of Humectress, Leklair Cholestrerol w/ Shea, Grapeseed Oil, Almond Oil, Castor Oil and AVJ.

It's been a few weeks since I've steamed. I steamed with It's a 10 hair mask. All I can say is wow! My hair felt so moisturized. I'm definitely gonna have to get back on track.

curlycrocheter

Wow...my last time posting was 3 weeks ago. Therefore, I haven't steamed in 3 weeks. Shame on me.

I'm redeeming myself now by steaming with my usual mix. The heat is making me sleepy lol.

FoxyMoxie

I feel so bad. I haven't posted since I subscribed!!! The good news though is that I have been steaming every since. I got my hair done Sunday and it feels great. It has lots of body, sheen and is soft. Even with just moisturizing and sealing my hair it has never ever felt this good. Buying the steamer was the best investment I could have made for my hair. As far as my regimen I follow Patchouli85's. Here's the link YouTube - Deep Conditioning Tutorial

n_vizion

Gosh, why have I fallen off the steaming bandwagon. This thread has inspired me once again to steam each and every wash. Thanks ladies!

Janet'

I must admit that because I did a lush pre-poo (thanks to Nasdaq Diva), I didn't have to deep condition or steam, but I should be back on it next week!

Mrs. Verde

:crying3: I am missing my steamer.:cry:. I should have it back next week. In the mean time, I'm doing the hooded dry-wet towel-method. My beloved please return to me!!!:cry3:

Lissa0821

I an still steaming my hair twice a week for 20 minutes. The only thing that I have changed is after I wash my hair. I let it dry until slight damp. I spray my roots with a mixture of aloe vera juice, distilled water and grape seed oil. I then apply my deep conditioner of choice to my hair and sit under the steamer for 20 minutes. I have been doing this for about a month now and have noticed my breakage and shedding has decreased tremendously.

Ese88

i havent steamed in a while and i cant say that my hair has behaved differently. Im gonna try and steam next wash though

LushLox

I still steam every week, I just haven't been very diligent about posting in this thread, sorry. Will be steaming tomorrow.

Imani

I still steam weekly with every wash. I mix conditioners. I'll be steaming today with Bee Beeutiful, Curl Junkie Banana and Hibiscus, and Giovanni smooth as silk. All of these a r moisturizing conditioners, natural based with no cones. I have not used cones for the past 2 months. the Giovanni has a little soy protein in it.

winona

Thursday after everyone had gone asleep :) I did a prepoo (chicoro's), wash and steam with Tucuma Moisturizing Conditioner, WGO, and glycerin to prep for my protective style (cornrows and twists)

Moodyma'am

I haven't posted in a while cos my laptop charger died on me...waiting for another to arrive in the post.

Havent steamed in a while either but will do next washday as I got my roots touched up last week and I'm on a moisture mission. Today is also washday but I'm protein conditioning so no steam today.

I got a good amount of growth since my first texlax and I put that down to the intensive steaming I did after I got it. So steaming is a keeper for me but maybes I dont need to steam weekly/twice weekly. I might try fortnightly and see how that goes.

Happy growing/length retention everybody :grin:

nicki6

I can't believe I've gone almost weeks without steaming...bad girl:wallbash:

I washed with Joico Moisture Recovery twice. Protein for 5 mins in the shower with Megatek. 15 mins under the steamer with Alter Ego oil treatment with garlic.