Now that I'm using a lye relaxer do I need more protein?

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
My last 3 relaxers have been lye. Do I need to up my protein now? I use Lustrasilk Cholesterol with an ORS Replenishing pack once a week. Just wondering if I need to add more protein to the mix? My hair feels soft, but when wet it does feel almost mushy. I have no breakage so far.

Thanks ladies

Empress Yahudah

If ur hair feels mushy then u should get a good protein conditioner. U need something with keratin in it.
I use:
Mega Tek when my hair needs a protein boost and
Aphogee Intensive Keratin Recontructor the day of my relaxer retouch.
There is also Aphogee Keratin 2 minute reconstructor that works good too.
These are medium proteins conditioners

Since ur not having breakage i wouldn't suggest u use a hardcore protein treatment.

Dee_33

Live, Laugh, Love
Is the 2min. reconstructer a light protein? Am I getting a light protein when I use the ORS pack? Just wondering if I should just up the amount of ORS I use instead of adding the 2 min. reconstructer to my reg.

TIA

Empress Yahudah

Is the 2min. reconstructer a light protein? Am I getting a light protein when I use the ORS pack? Just wondering if I should just up the amount of ORS I use instead of adding the 2 min. reconstructer to my reg.

TIA
The 2 min Aphohee is on the medium scale
ORS is light protein

Aggie

Protein treatments are recommended before, during and after each relaxer processing to re-build the cuticles of your hair.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
You need protein if your hair is relaxed regardless. Your lye-processed hair will be healthier than your no-lye processed hair so theoretically your protein needs would be higher with no-lye.