Not sure I like this biotin supplement... may be too much to do for hair growth....

PaperClip

So got a biotin supplement from the health food store.... Seemed like hair started sprouting in my neck.... and maybe the early stages of a breakout--which is UNACCEPTABLE because I have ALWAYS had nice skin....

I do recognize that I need to drink more water...would this help reduce these other weird effects?

I also take a hair/skin/nail vitamin and a women's multivitamin.

gymfreak336

Re: Not sure I like this biotin supplement... may be too much to do for hair growth..

Stop taking it and drink more water for the next week. Then start taking half the dose you were taking, keeping your water intake high for two weeks and see if it stops. Build up from there

TCT

Re: Not sure I like this biotin supplement... may be too much to do for hair growth..

uhmmmm i dont know, because dnt taktem. itake amlti vitamiththas boitin in it hoever it snt a lrge amount. curious to kow how may mcg's you were takng when you noticd this side effect?

Aggie

I take biotin 5000 mcg but I take it with one B-100 mg vitamin and 1000 mg of MSM. I learned that you should take these together and drink lots of water to avoid breakouts. It must be true because since I started taking my B-100 mg vitamins with my biotin, I no longer have breakouts.

I would suggest taking a low dosage at first and then gradually increase it until you reach what you ultimately want to take. If the higher dosage does not work for you, you may have to keep the dosage low to avoid the breakouts.

Zuhus

I take my bitoin (5000mcg) with a b-complex and drinks lots of water, with no breakouts. However I noticed when I slack on my water intake, some 'signs' of breaking out start showing up (twice that happened). So I dont risk anymore and drink my 2l of water daily.

Songbirdb

I drink my water to avoid those breakouts. I take the GNC Hair SKin Nails and it has other B vits to help out with that as well. I drink about 72oz of water a day and I been pretty okay. You can propbably get away with 64oz though.

I know what you mean though about other hair becoming thinker. I never really had hair on my arms... NOW I dO. I have to wax those bad boys... it ain't pretty. I wish it would make my eyebrows and lashes grow back tho.

SunySydeofLyfe

I take biotin 5000 mcg but I take it with one B-100 mg vitamin and 1000 mg of MSM. I learned that you should take these together and drink lots of water to avoid breakouts. It must be true because since I started taking my B-100 mg vitamins with my biotin, I no longer have breakouts.

I would suggest taking a low dosage at first and then gradually increase it until you reach what you ultimately want to take. If the higher dosage does not work for you, you may have to keep the dosage low to avoid the breakouts.

I like this idea, cause the breakouts were beginning to be major, I traded the multi-vit, biotin and MSM....with MSM, flaxseed, and a B complex and iron, I also drink a glass of carrot juice....my skin has never looked better....Hope it helps my hair :grin: . I am going to try a smaller dose of the biotin...take it at night with my MSM and iron.

EMJazzy

Happily retired

I also take 5000mg of biotin with my super B-complex, I haven't had any breakouts at all. :up: When I was just taking the biotin by itself, it was painful pimple city. :eek:

yodie

So got a biotin supplement from the health food store.... Seemed like hair started sprouting in my neck.... and maybe the early stages of a breakout--which is UNACCEPTABLE because I have ALWAYS had nice skin....

I do recognize that I need to drink more water...would this help reduce these other weird effects?

I also take a hair/skin/nail vitamin and a women's multivitamin.

I had the breakouts too until I started taking biotin with a b complex and multi vitamin. no breakouts after that.

Mom23

I take my bitoin (5000mcg) with a b-complex and drinks lots of water, with no breakouts. However I noticed when I slack on my water intake, some 'signs' of breaking out start showing up (twice that happened). So I dont risk anymore and drink my 2l of water daily.
I agree. I take the same dose, and I haven't had any breakouts at all.

Hair Iam

Just my own experience...I was out of my 5000mcg Biotin and got a hold of 300mcg, thought I would use them till I replaced my regular dosage. Well ...talk about the an allergic reaction, I itched until the cows came home:ohwell:. I now know I have to a higher dosage. And yes , lots and lots of water . I too take B-complex and have stated using MSM .