No more hair products until 2003

NayNay

I am definitely a product junkie...I recently broke down and bought the Nexxus Humectress (similiar to KeraCare-but just more EXPENSIVE) conditioner and some more reconstructor and the Dudley's PCA mositurizer. I just went to Kiehl's and purchased some silk groom and leave in conditioner so within 2 days I spent over $100 on hair care products. I also have a wicker stand with 4 shelves STUFFED with hair products (not to mention the ones overflowing to another closet) so I AM CALLING it QUITS!!! I am not buying any more hair products until 2003!!! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I will shoot for February but that is wishful thinking. None of my friends believe me!!!! I am too much of a product JUNKIE! So that means I cant try Colourshines until 2003!

And by the way Armyqt how the Colourshines working on your hair? I know BRH said it dried her hair out....even though the color is excellent on her! Is your hair dry??

I PLEDGE NO MORE HAIR PRODUCTS UNTIL 2003 and hopefully February 2003!! Anyone want to join me!!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pebbles

I'm buying a new cabinet to store all of my products for my hair. Not only do I have products covering the dresser, the bathroom sink and cabinets, but now I've had to stuff products in boxes. I can't take it anymore. I wish I could stop buying products everytime I hear about them. I need a whole other room just to dedicate to my hair! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

H

HoneyRockette

Um, you do realize that is only two months, don't you? Ah! The short term will of a product junkie. Count me in! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Kitkat

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I PLEDGE NO MORE HAIR PRODUCTS UNTIL 2003 and hopefully February 2003!!

[/ QUOTE ]
We'll see how resilient you really are, NayNay! 2 months is a long time, ya know! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
It sounds as if you have some good products in your arsenal, though. I'm not a fan of Nexxus Humectress but I do love the Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom and Dudley's PCA Moisture Retainer.
Good luck! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Not only do I have products covering the dresser, the bathroom sink and cabinets, but now I've had to stuff products in boxes. I can't take it anymore. I wish I could stop buying products everytime I hear about them. I need a whole other room just to dedicate to my hair!

[/ QUOTE ]

You and me both! I started buying those plastic stackable Rubbermaid "drawers" for my hair products. I have 5 now. And they are practically stuffed with products. And some of the stuff I haven't even used yet! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif This is ridiculous... The long weekend gave me too much free time. I ordered some stuff on-line, went to the beauty supply in the 'hood and to Trade Secrets at the mall. PJ's stop reading here. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
My purchases: Redken Heavy Cream, Mizani Moisturefuse, Salerm 21, Salerm Protein Shampoo, Sebastian Potion 9, New Image Damage Free Conditioning Styler, ORS Nature's Shine, L'anza Protein Shampoo, L'anza Strait Line Shampoo, avocado butter, unrefined shea butter, castor oil and kukui nut oil.
Somebody stop me!
I vow not to buy anything else until I have used at least half of what I already have.

MissM

/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I can't stop-I might as well be honest and tell ya'll right now. Cause ya'll know you are not going to be able to stop cold turkey! Girlfriends, ya betta try to shoot for 2005!! I would have went to get my shop-on at the beauty supply store but /images/graemlins/frown.gif it was bad weather today-so I came straight home.

LANYCLADY

Just to keep it real, I will be happy if I can limit myself to ONE product per week. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

beana3

yeah... i might as well try it too! let's see, hmmm i can really do this if
A) i go on one LAST PJ spree (ahh the mind of a PJ)
WGO.. gotta get this&gt;its my staple, Breakfree by Profectiv, the ORS oil sheen, and i'm dying to try the free cholesterol that comes with Hollywood beauty carrot creme. and a drawstring ponytail!

B) i lay off the baords for a while (which i've been vowing to do, but cant quite keep away from) because the products recs just hit my weak spot!

C) stick to my 3 month intensive hair care program faithfully.

ok,ok, try me next week, maybe then i'll commit!

pebbles

O.k guys,

Is it o.k for me to go on one more product shopping spree for christmas?? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif Please? Can I consider it as a christmas gift to myself? After that, I'm going cold turkey until February, 2003 like you said NayNay. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Since making this commitment yesterday, I've been breaking out in cold sweats. There's a Sally's that I drive by everyday to take the kids to school. If I can go in there for christmas, I'll be o.k. I just need one more hit....please?!

p.s. Thanks Adrienne for the cool smilies site! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Armyqt

I'm not even going to play with myself like that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif When so people get down and out, they eat ice cream. I on the other hand buy hairproducts (sad but true) /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NayNay to answer your question, I really can't tell anything about the colorshines because my hair is in a wet bun all of the time. So aside from the pic I posted, I haven't worn my hair down AT ALL since the application. My main reason for putting it in was to get the conditioning benefits and to seal my cuticles for the relaxer. I am gonna do another one when I relax. Then I'll post if I notice any negative changes in my hair.

Good luck to all of you in your no-product challenge. LOL /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ennyaa

Sadly I know I can't do this either. Not when I have a soft bonnet dryer, Colourshines, and viviscal on my list of things to try.... But I'm gonna at least wait till after Christmas to get this stuff.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Yes, I have to try to resist the temptation to charge my credit card. There's so much neat stuff out there ... but I have to stick with my regime, if for no other reason that "it works for me". /images/graemlins/cool.gif

NayNay

Well Pumpkin is trying to entice me with Aveda's Humtectant but I am not bending...at least until February. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif I am such a PJ I was digging through my hair stash yesterday and I found 2 FULL containers of ORS mayo!!!!! Not to mention the 1/2 full one I have now! Not to mention the 2 32 oz size of Creme of nature shampoo, 5 Breakthru shampoos (it was buy one get one free-I was WEAK), Dady Jojoba shampoo(thanks to BlkMane)....Oh MY!!!!I don't want to mention my other things in my closet.......there is a lot more!!!

Ennyaa

/images/graemlins/ooo.gif OOOOOOH!!
Yeah, I thought I was bad but I agree you need to take lil break from PJism. Most of my PJism is Vitamin/Supplement related though. Actually now that I think about it that might be worse since they generally hit the pocket a bit harder than shampoos and conditioners. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
You guys should consider selling some of your stuff on the Product Exchange board. I may buy some of it off you.

...Oh wait! I can't buy any more products! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

ms_kenesha

<font color="purple"> I will not even lie and say I'm gonna stop especially because when I was browsing in a hair magazine and I saw that ORS now has Soy Oil and Jojoba Oil Cremes. Sorry for all the PJs that are trying to stop, but I had to tell ya! /images/graemlins/grin.gif</font color>

kasey

Hey Nay!

Sorry I can't support you on this either.

I have been putting off the purchase of a few items for several months and I have decided to make the purchases in a week or so. If I charge in mid-dec the amount won't show up on my statement until mid-jan and won't be due until mid-feb.

So that is kind of like waiting, right?

Maybe you should try something that I did a few months back. For a while I was doing a lot of moving, plus I was wearing braids, not using stuff frequently and forgetting what I had. When I didn't have all my stuff or it was packed away somewhere, I bought more stuff. A few months ago I took inventory of everything. I actually made a list. This really helped curb the urge to get more unecessary stuff. If you are doing any gift giving this winter, perhaps you can use some of your unwanted products in gift baskets. HTH

--kc

Jenai

There's a Sally's that I drive by everyday to take the kids to school.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't know how you do it. That is way too much pressure. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif
just need one more hit....please?!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok - but only if your family buys the "gifts" for you so that it is a real present. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician
Nay Nay, was there ever a product you were absolutely astounded with? P'raps you should keep using it until the affect wears off!

Sorry, maybe I should take my own advice /images/graemlins/frown.gif

NayNay

Honey Vibe
I'm really not fickled.....just a PJ /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Well the only shampoos I use are Break Thru and Creme of Nature. I like BlkMane's hair and decided to try her shampoo-the PJ in me. I also have a clarifier and that is it!!!
Conditioners are a different story! I really like Mizanni Fulfyl and the Nexxus seems to be okay. I use Motions CPR if my hair is shedding or a Nexxus reconstructor. I use the concentrated protein too at times........I am not settled on a conditioner or oil/moisturizer as of yet...this leads to my addiction, but I AM PROUD to say I found my SHAMPOOs! I havent deviated from Creme of Nature in YEARS!!! But the PJ in me lead me to try 1 shampoo in a 6 month period....I think that is pretty good....Yes?? Conditioners, hair shiners, moisturizers are a different story........

pebbles

GiGi, it's nerves of steel that keep me driving by the Sally's! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif Seriously, I really do have to finish off some of these products. I have way too many products here looking at me.

Allandra

Heck, I did an inventory on hair care products too! I should be cool for a while. There's only one product that I want to try out, but I'm waiting on the samples to arrive in the mail (would much rather try it before I even think about buying it).

Shampoos:
·Elucence Moisture Benefits Shampoo
·Crème of Nature Shampoo (almost gone)
·Ion Smoothing Shampoo (freebie for purchasing a Jilbere ceramic flat iron)

Conditioners:
·Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner (leave-in and a rinse out)
·Pantene Smooth &amp; Sleek Conditioner (love it, love it, love it)
·Tropical Avocado Conditioning Hair Cream

Protein Conditioner:
·Aubrey Organics GPB

Leave-In Conditioners:
·Fantasia IC Leave-In Moisturizer Hair and Scalp Treatment w/Aloe Complex
·Kiehl's Leave-In Conditioner (creamy, thick, moisturizing)
·Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner (leave-in and a rinse out)
·New Image Damage Free Thermal Active Conditioning Styler (Heat Protectant too)

Pre-Shampoo Treatments:
·Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil
·Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Hair Treatment
·Weleda Rosemary Hair Oil

Moisturizers:
·Kiehl's Crème with Silk Groom (This is my all time favorite moisturizer!)
·John Frieda's Secret Weapon Flawless Finishing Crème (just about gone-will not purchase again)
·Aura Humectant Pomade (Wow, talk about moisture!)

Miscellaneous:
·Matrix Biolage Shine Renewal Spray
·Salon Selectives Loosely Defined Styling Crème (summer use only for me)

Samples (Freebies):
·Kenra Intensive Emollient Treatment
·Biosynthesis Line (Bio-Clenz, Bio-Phix, Phinish)
·All Natural Nourish and Shine by Jane Carter Solution http://janecartersolution.com

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I've already caved in. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif
My 17 yr old cousin needed another doo-rag and some 'grease', so I figured taking him to Sally's would be safer than the Korean beauty supply (aka Utopia /images/graemlins/grin.gif ).
Wrong. I left with Aura (bootleg Aveda?) Humectant Pomade, Blue Magic Coconut Oil, African Royale Mink Oil (KARONICA!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif ), Phyto System Glossing Gel, a $5 pack of travel sized ORS products and some ORS Hair Mayo.
(I had a coupon that was about to expire!)

Allandra

Dag on girl. I thought you could do it too. Oh well. Maybe you can start over now. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ps. Please give me a review once you try the Salerm Protein Shampoo and the L'anza Protein Plus Shampoo.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Please give me a review once you try the Salerm Protein Shampoo and the L'anza Protein Plus Shampoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used the Salerm shampoo and cond. yesterday. The shampoo was very nice. If it were available in stores around here I would buy it regularly.
I was getting nervous because it was making tons of lather and my hair was squeaking. And I dilute my shampoo with distilled water. (Especially the expensive ones in tiny bottles!) I had flashbacks from my Nexxus Therappe debacle years ago! But my hair was very soft and easy to comb afterwards. And it didn't do a pre-shampoo hot oil treatment, either. The conditioner was average--nothing to write home about. The Mizani Moisturfuse is 10x better.
Overall--Two thumbs up! I wish I could buy the shampoo here in the boonies. Maybe I'll order the giant 36 oz. bottle one day and be done with it... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NayNay

I have been a BAD girl.... sort of!!! I purchased a hair barrette that was on sale for $1.00.....does that count???Did I violate my PJ pact??? But I am happy to say that I bypassed all the other hair products and didn't even buy one of my shampoos that was on sale....Do I have to add an extra week for buying a barrette? /images/graemlins/confused.gif
I also don't like to use heat (any) on my hair. I am now at 1.5 months without a relaxer and my hair is very thick and for some reason, it hasn't been liking me lately (not holding curls, unmangeable) so I went to a DR salon and I let them set it and blow my roots!!!!! BAD NAYNAY!!!! Then she wrapped it. My hair has grown YEAH, but I have to figure out a way to achieve a wrapped look with minimal heat. I let my hair air dry. Should I sit under the hair dryer for 1/2 hour after my hair is dry then wrap it? What do some of you others do???
THANKS

pebbles

NayNay,

I think you're still safe. Whew! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif I don't count the barrette as a PJ. But you are tempting yourself being so close to hair products! Watch-out now! /images/graemlins/smile.gif