NL and Shorter Post Your Fotki's <Here>

I guess I am EL, my short term goal is FULL Shoulder Lenght by Dec. 09 and my long term goal is Waist Length by June 2011.

My pick is my avatar.

Hello Ladies I have a question. I am ear length with a relaxer. I was wondering, for any ladies who started their grow out process at this length with a relaxer, how long were your time periods in between relaxers? I'm trying to make mine as long as possible but without being able to pony or bun, I've been rocking a hat with a scarf underneath on my bad days:nono:. I'm thinking about a wig but I went to the shop to try some on and I looked like a drag queen.:cantlook::pullhair:

I have pics in my fotki of what my hair looks like now

Last edited:
Hello Ladies I have a question. I am ear length with a relaxer. I was wondering, for any ladies who started their grow out process at this length with a relaxer, how long were your time periods in between relaxers? I'm trying to make mine as long as possible but without being able to pony or bun, I've been rocking a hat with a scarf underneath on my bad days:nono:. I'm thinking about a wig but I went to the shop to try some on and I looked like a drag queen.:cantlook::pullhair:

Hi there,

I just want to say that you & your cut are gorgeous! If I can get my breakage under control, I will be self relaxing for my birthday next month. Your cut reminds me of the pixie cut that Malinda Williams wears(that I hope I have enough hair once it is relaxed to get). Before I went natural and when my hair was short, I would stretch my relaxers for 10-12 weeks. My goal was always to stretch it longer but I never seemed to make it passed 12 weeks for some reason. I know what you mean about the wigs and looking like a drag queen. I have a friend that looks darling in every wig she owns but once I try the same wig I look like a hot mess(to say the least). There was a wig on BHM in a pixie cut that looked stunning. I will pm you link once I find the thread.

Thank you so much for the complements:love3: I really love my hair short but I think subconsciously I have kept it short because I never thought I could have long hair. That was before I learned how to take care of it. So now I really do think I'm ready to grow it out and see how long it can really be.

Thank you so much for the complements:love3: I really love my hair short but I think subconsciously I have kept it short because I never thought I could have long hair. That was before I learned how to take care of it. So now I really do think I'm ready to grow it out and see how long it can really be.

co-signing completely......I know the feeling.

When I was that length, I stretched for 6-months at a time using braids. Now that it's a little longer I stretch for 6-months with a sew-in.

My fotki link is in my siggy.
I was SL before. Just BC'd a week ago 2morrow.
(I haven't taken pics of it yet though :look: )
Will update tomorrow. :yep:
My short term goal is NL unstretched by March 2010
My long term goal is APL unstretched in 2012

JessCNU, I would go 10-11 weeks in between relaxers. I think braids or weaves are a good idea, since wigs aren't workin for ya. I would just use head wraps or headbands and keep it moving. Some days were not so cute tho, so it's good to have options.

I also have updates from my latest relaxer at the end of August. I got a trim but I guess I'm happy overall with the results.

Ok I do not have a fotki yet but here I am.
And you can see my first rollerset in years in my siggy.
Was this thread started to make me fill better.
2 inches would make me fill bett --- Is that too much to ask:perplexed

Attachments

• Picture 019.jpg
    Picture 019.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 0

Your cut is cute:yep:! I also loved my short cut and REALLY miss it most of the time. I know I could grow hair, but I just love the way it looks. I am currently growing out my pixie, and so far I have stretched every 12 weeks from Feb of this year until now. I have some great progress. I have not updated since June, so I will have to add to my fotki. My hair has been thriving since stretching, almost to the point, that I am not sure I want to relax again:ohwell:.

i just started a fotki, but i will post in two more months so we can all see some progress. the first date was in aug, when i started my journey. so... stay tuned.

:bump:

Hello ladies! Just wondering if there is anybody out there growing there hair out from a short hair cut ex: back shaved or tapered(relaxed). Just looking for some routines and trying to see how your doing your doo day to day:help:

Hi ladies! im currently ear length, a little bit shorter. i just chopped and relaxed because of damaged ends and im ready to grow back a healthy head of hair. here is my fotki link, i haven't updated my current hair pics yet...im lazy.

http://public.fotki.com/Reese2010/

My goal for December 2009 is full NL or SL
My goal for graduation in May 2011 is APL
My ultimate goal is BSL....maybe 2012?? who knows

Back