Calling Nioxin Hair Care Users: Which System?

LikeNoOther

Hi Ladies :wave:

I have been on this board for 2 years (although I don't post often) and like many of you, I have experienced many haircare high's & low's. I do not have a problem growing my hair, my problem is retaining hair. Although my hair grows to a really nice length, the ends thin very badly, making it pointless to have length. Every hairdresser I've been to, always comment on me having 'nice hair', but again, it thins. Last Friday I got my third haircut since being on LHCF due to the thin ends problem. This leads me to Nioxin. This past week I was on a business trip and stopped in the local mall, and spotted a Trade Secrets. They had 60% off the 16.9 oz Nioxin Scalp Therapy system 3 (chemically enhanced). I decided for less than $10 to try it. I was only 4 days post relaxer, so there isn't much to tell just yet, but I was wondering if any ladies on this board have had success with this line? I did a search but most people only comment on the recharging complex, and I've seen a few posts on the 'Bliss' leave-in, and that's it. Please chime in ladies, b/c at this point I really need to do something about this shedding and thinning. BTW, my hair is fine, relaxed & colored. Again, I'm requesting comments primarily on the haircare, but I welcome comments on the vitamins as well. Thanks in advance :)

VelvetRain

I saw that sale in Trades too only I was eyeing those recharing vitamins. I need to stock up already because my month is almost done. So far the jury is still out on those vitamins but they are many ladies here who have gotten good results from them. Some say it takes two months to see results. I also am paranoid and think I have thin ends even t hough looking at my hair and comparing it to others tell me I don't. We truly are our worst crititcs. I just need to relax.

Anyone that is the only product I have taken so far. I suggest you try taking some pantothenic vitamins which are really vitamin b5. There are a few threads going on this already and many ladies say it has helped their hair thicken up. I am starting those vitamins on Monday. If you type in Nioxin in the search it will bring up a bunch of threads on some systems. Good luck to you.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL

I think it does work. I have only tried the Nioxin Bionutrient Protectives conditioner and I did experience some thickness from using it consistently until the bottle was almost finish. However, I have not repurchased it because of the expense. It's not all that moisturizing but it gave a nice tingle that was mindblowing. At 60% off I think you should give it a try.You could also invest in some garlic shampoo (Nutrine) because this really did an incredible job of stopping the shedding and even thicken my hair strands.

sherann

I have used the shampoo and conditioner in the brownish bottle for coarse chemically enhanced hair (something like that). I still use the shampoo as a first shampoo each week. The conditioner was not as moisturizing as I would have liked. I have thin hair so I am always paranoid that its getting worse. I seem to be shedding less but I don't know if that is due to me conditioning more or the Nioxin shampoo.