Nioxin Scalp Treatment/ Follicle Booster--Reviews Anyone?

LaidBak

I am getting desperate to fill in my thinning left temple. I bought some NIOXIN follicle booster and scalp treatment. Anybody else use either of these? I'm on day 3 and so far its just dried out my roots. But I am going to stick with it. Nothing else (OCT, MT, JBCO, BT, BeeMine, Surge) has worked so I have nothing to loose.

newports

i really wanted to try this for my grandmother & her temples but i'm nervous. i just figured it was something going on internally
:nono:

Hairsnob

Deep Thinker
The first time I tried Nioxin scalp treatment it did wonders for my thinning hairline (from a bad relaxer). A friend gave me her leftover Nioxin for "Natural" hair and I used it and I don't remember it drying my hair out and I did start seeing peach fuzz within a couple of weeks. The second week of using it I did add a little bit of Sulfur 8 and I saw the peach fuzz a week later so I can't say if it was the combination or what that worked.

But recently I bought a kit for my thinning hair and this time I got the one for relaxed hair and used it on my entire scalp. And yes girl, it dried my scalp horribly. I use both the follicle stimulator and the scalp treatment for chemically treated hair (not the foam). I stuck with it strictly for about 3 weeks but got tired of it and didn't see any difference. I even used the shampoo and conditioner at first. I just use it after a wash now and stick with the garlic pills, Sulfur 8 and Castor Oil.

caramelma

I started using the follicle booster on my edges on Feb 16 and I rotate it daily with JBCO to combat the dryness and it's working like a charm I'm too scared to take the vitamins that came in the packet but I will continue with the follicle booster and JBCO for 3 months to see if my edges will grow back. I think it working already

ChynaDoll.K

I have never tried the nioxin products but when i did look into the Follicle Booster the reviews were good but all the ones from the AA women were negative, they said it had a drying effect or that they saw no change in their hair.

I have tired this

http://www.bluebeez.com/zoom2.php?idx=2265

And to me it works with continued use, i started to get growth in an area that was looking thin and and now you cant even notice it was thin and it seems to be making it catch up and grow normally with the rest of my hair .

I know everything doesnt work for everyone but just thought i'd share

H.T.H

LaidBak

I looked online for some more reviews. http://www.folica.com/Nioxin_Intensiv_d2243.html

Most of these are from black women and they range from loved it to hated it. I think I was being sloppy with my application and that's why my hair is drying out. I am going to wash and try again to make sure it goes on my scalp only. But my hair is so thin there its going to be hard to do that.
This will be my first wash post relaxer (7 days) so I'll be tracking any NG from today and not applying anything else but moisturizer and oil.

CA*Nappy

I used it on my mother its filling in her edges along with using castor oil and WGHO. Don't about the use for relaxed hair b/c she is natural and wore wigs for the last 40 years.

RZILYNT

I was using Groganics, but recently started using the Nioxin Cleanser and Conditioner and the sallys brand of the follicle booster. Too early to give any feed back however I am shampooing and conditioning everyday like the directions say. Hopefully I will have something to report to compare it with later.

RZ~

pringe

Ok i have been using the follicle booster since the middle of May. It def worked for me. I def have regrown some of my damaged nape and edges! I love this stuff but what I do is before applying spray water on my edges, then apply lightly without massaging and then seal with an oil; castor or olive oil.
After buying the follicle booster this past time, i think this will be my last time rebuying it. Now i'm looking for improving the thickness of it. hth

CynamonKis

Today, I just began using Nioxin System 3 Starter kit for fine/chemically treated hair. I will let you know it goes. I did notice a lot less shedding today. Will report back my progress, or lack thereof....

BGT

Today, I just began using Nioxin System 3 Starter kit for fine/chemically treated hair. I will let you know it goes. I did notice a lot less shedding today. Will report back my progress, or lack thereof....

I did their quiz and that's the system that came back for me. My hair is very fine and I'd like to thicken it up. Lemme know how it works for you. :yep:

Artemis

Here's my review:
I've been using Nioxin products in my regimen for over a year. I started out with System 3 (didn't care for it), used it up then switched to 7. Then when I ran out of System 7 shampoo and repurchased the #5 shampoo since I stopped relaxing my hair last year. (Systems 5 and 7 work better for our hair, IMO. They are more moisturizing and lightly detangle) Anyway, the shampoo and conditioner stopped my scalp issues leftover from relaxers and keeps my scalp clean and calm. The Follicle booster has filled in my edges and sides tremendously, I mean like a huge difference. My hairdresser even commented when I came in to get my hair cut a year after she recommended I use this. I stopped using it for a few months due to laziness, but have resumed in the past couple of weeks because I want to see if my sides will fill in completely (I had some small but severe scalp burns as a child). So yeah, if you stick with the products, they work. I use the Nioxin shampoo as a first lather to my normal shampoo (L'anza Healing Moisture) and apply the conditioner directly to my scalp before putting regular conditioner or deep conditioner on my hair, then rinse everything out very thoroughly. I want to get the #5 treatment to use as well.

IMO even if someone doesn't have thinning but they style their hair alot, they should use Nioxin. The line is really good about keeping the scalp healthy since it deserves as much attention as what we give the skin on our face. It's expensive but you really don't need to use a lot at once to get results.

HTH

A.

pringe

i'm returning to say I stopped using Nioxin around September and when I recently flat ironed my hair you couldn't tell the difference of where I had an issue in the first place. Follicle booster def helped me.

BTW for those who can't find follicle booster buy it on amazon. That's where i used to buy mine.

Also don't rub in product. Gently pat product in and leave it alone.