Nexxus Keraphix Users

PrettyBrownEyes

Do you use a moisturizing conditioner after rinsing the Keraphix out? How often do you use Nexxus Keraphix? Lastly, how long do you leave it in your hair before rinsing?

Thanks!

lunalight7

Yes, definitely use a moisturizing condit afterwards because Keraphix is a protein conditioner. It is relatively mild compared to stronger protein condits like Aphogee or Nexxus Emergencee. I would recommend using protein once prior to relaxing and once after relaxing. Otherwise, reserve its use only if you are experiencing breakage. I follow the directions on the bottle re: leave in time...HTH

PrettyBrownEyes

Thanks Lunalight. I was thinking that if I would use a moisturizing conditoner afterwards, I would use Motions Moisture Plus since it doesn't have protein and the Humectress does have a little protein in it.

Lindy

Hi,
I use my Keraphix really often--I'd say almost every week--but my hair is relaxed AND color-treated, and it seems to LOOOOVE the Keraphix. The extra protein seems to be doing my hair a world of good!! Yes, I do use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards, always!! I leave it in for about 20 minutes, under the heating cap, which seems to make it more effective for me.

elliot

Ohhhh, I forgot about this product! This was one of my staples in college and my hair LOVED it. Gotta pick some of this up for my wash on Tuesday.

pebbles

I use Nexxus Keraphix, (or any other protein conditioner), once a month, and I follow it up with a moisture treatment like Nexxus Humectress or Keracare Humecto.

KinksnCurlz

[ QUOTE ]
I use Nexxus Keraphix and follow it up with Keracare Humecto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto, either that or Mizani Moisturfuse (with heat). I leave the keraphix in my hair for about 5 mins (in the shower, or if i have time, under a hooded dryer for about 15-20 mins) followed by the moisturfuse (or humecto) (under hooded dryer for 20 mins as well. Results = Beautiful, soft hair...

nita4

I use every four weeks for 30 min w/heat and follow up with Humectress for 15 to 30 minutes w/o heat.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
Ditto, either that or Mizani Moisturfuse (with heat). I leave the keraphix in my hair for about 5 mins (in the shower, or if i have time, under a hooded dryer for about 15-20 mins) followed by the moisturfuse (or humecto) (under hooded dryer for 20 mins as well. Results = Beautiful, soft hair...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it comes out very soft and beautiful.

soslychic

I love this stuff. It greatly reduced my breakage and it smells delicious

Question: Some use the emergencee befoer a relaxer and the keraphix after, but emergencee is very expensive so does anyone think that using the keraphix and the keraphix only for protein would be sufficient? (1 week before relaxer, 1 week after, and halfway touch up)

ladylibra_30

hi pbe,
i deep condition w/heat with the keraphix (once every four weeks.i also use that aloe rid clarifying shampoo to get better results from the keraphix), final rinse w/humectress and then set w/headress leave-in conditioner. my hair comes out smooth, silky, & pretty.

PrettyBrownEyes

You all have posted some great tips! I will definitely follow the Keraphix with a moisturizing conditioner.

Allandra and Sherrylove, go ahead work the Keraphix back into your regimen

SherryLove

[ QUOTE ]
You all have posted some great tips! I will definitely follow the Keraphix with a moisturizing conditioner.

Allandra and Sherrylove, go ahead work the Keraphix back into your regimen

[/ QUOTE ]

I may consider it in the near future.......