Motions Moisture Silk Protein Safe To Use Weekly

sexylonglegs

I currently use the Nexxus Keraphix and was going to use this bi weekly but I still get a little shedding and breakage but it is minimum since I have been using the Keraphix. I have used the keraphix one time since my relaxer. I am wondering is it safe to use protein like Keraphix or motions silk protein on a weekly basis or after every wash followed by a good moisturizing conditioner. I am thinking since I still have a little breakage that I need to do it weekly.

what do you think?

VelvetRain

I use keraphix after every shampoo I do and follow with a deep conditioner(kenra) and I wash my hair every three days. I have never used motions silk protein so I can't comment on the effects of that. When my hair was breaking I used to use nexxus emergencee one week and then keraphix the week after.

Last edited:

Diane71

I use MMSP Only during my 8 week touch-up's. I rarely ever use it during weekly washings, just too much work. I would guess it would'nt be safe to use weekly because of the protein..but I'm not sure.

sexylonglegs

I used the motions moisture silk when I rinsed out my relaxer 3 weeks ago, I was justing wondering about it. I will stick with my Keraphix then I guess unless anyone else has any more input.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Black Sista I don't consider Motions Silk Protein a heavyweight protein conditioner. I think its safe to use weekly. Personally, before I discovered LHCF I used it once a week and never had any ill effects. I use it maybe once a month and right after touch ups now. I would use it more but I'm in love with other products right now. :)

Jewell

I have been using Nexxus Keraphix weekly since Dec 04, and I just started using it bi-weekly (I shampoo twice a week) about 2 weeks ago. I follow with a rich moisturizing conditioner. Its been doing really well on my hair. I don't use any Motions products, so I don't know about the effectiveness of that conditioner.