Newbie, just saying thanks...and I got pics!

OneInAMillion

I've been posting here and there and I finally got a chance to put up my Fotki. It's only been a month, but I've learned so many useful tips here! I don't know if I see much growth, the the overall health of my hair has improved. Just wanted to send out a huge thank you!

BTW: Den1, thanks so much for putting me on to these Amino Acid supplements!

http://public.fotki.com/OneInAMillion216/

My password is in my profile :D

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Welcome. :rosebud:

I like your album. You have great hair and nice regrowth progress. And I'm lovin' the blowout. :yep:

Bmm

One,

Your hair looks good...you dont look like you need a trim at all....just keep loving those ends.

chellee

Thanks for sharing . . . Your hair is healthy and definitely growing. Do you have a color? How did you get it so silky/shiny? :poke:

Nanyanika

OneInAMillion said:
I've been posting here and there and I finally got a chance to put up my Fotki. It's only been a month, but I've learned so many useful tips here! I don't know if I see much growth, the the overall health of my hair has improved. Just wanted to send out a huge thank you!

BTW: Den1, thanks so much for putting me on to these Amino Acid supplements!

http://public.fotki.com/OneInAMillion216/

My password is in my profile :D
No problem, your hair is looking great.

london honey

your hair is really healthy and shiny and it has definately grown and your ends look very healthy to me so please dont go scissor happy :)

luvlonghair

OIAM, your hair looks great!!! It's seems you and I are stretching for the same amount of time. I'm 16 weeks post (17 on Monday) and I'm not wearing any braids to stretch. I'm going to 24 weeks. Is that about the same amount of time for you?

Last edited:

sweetpeadst

Looking good! You are starting out great! You have thick healthy hair!! Keep up the good work! What are you doing thus far as your regimen?

london honey

Sweet, i c u still pjing by gettin the list sorted :D :D :D

sweetpeadst said:
Looking good! You are starting out great! You have thick healthy hair!! Keep up the good work! What are you doing thus far as your regimen?

OneInAMillion

Thanks for the encouragement and support ladies! :kiss: Just a little background, I had color done a little over a year ago, and then a relaxer maybe two weeks later (yes by the same hairdresser), which caused severe damage. So I've grown most of that out, but I hadn't been able to get my hair back on track till I found this forum. I'm going to hold off on trimming, since it doesn't look necessary and my ends aren't split.

Chellee: I get shine by using a small amount of Razac Perfect for Perms Polishing Gloss. A dime sized amount leaves it like that for at least two days.

Luvlonghair: I noticed that earlier, we’re on that same stretching track. Now I’m at 17 weeks, and I’m going the 24 weeks as well, we’re going to have to motivate each other cuz my new growth looks rough after I wash!

Sweetpeadst: Here’s what I've been consistent with for the past month:

Vitamins:
Puritan's Pride Amino Acid 1500
Puritan's Pride Mega Time Release for Hair
Alfalfa
MSM, Silica, Flaxseed Oil (as I remember, usually 2x a day)

Wash & Deep Condition every five days with: Dudley's Deluxe Shampoo and Cream Protein Conditioner, Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo and Nexxus Moisturizing conditioner (rotate)

Protein Treatment usually every three weeks with Dudley's DRC

I get a blowout usually once a week to once every 10 days. Sometimes I just have the roots blown.

The major thing that I never used to do before I came here was getting that MOISTURE into my hair. I use carrot & jojoba oil on the ends 2x a day and that has helped so much. Also, I bun it up 6 days out of the week.

Diane71

Very pretty hair...you'll be at bra-strap in no time!

Current hair length and type: 4b thick and course
Touching bra-strap as of June 2005 (when blown out straight)
My ultimate hair goal: 5 inches past bra-strap by Dec. 2005.
New hair products: Jason's Scalp Elixer and Hair Rush.
Vitamins: Great Hair Vitamins (3000mg of Biotin)
Prenatal Vitamins Folic Acid (1000mg)
Fish Oil Pills (Omega 3)
Public.fotki.com/Diane71/

Cinnabuns

Welcome, yu are going to love it here the hair advice is truly awesome.

BTW, I really like your Dominican Blowout for 5.20 :)

PoeticJustice

OIAM, your hair looks great!!!! Have you had long hair as a child or what's the longest your hair as ever been?

:sekret:Also, what would you say the Amino Acids and Alfalfa supplements are doing for you? :sekret:

Last edited:

OneInAMillion

Justicewifey said:
OIAM, your hair looks great!!!! Have you had long hair as a child or what's the longest your hair as ever been?

:sekret:Also, what would you say the Amino Acids and Alfalfa supplements are doing for you? :sekret:

Thanks girl! My hair has been at shoulder length for as long as I can remember. I was natural with pressed hair until 4 yrs ago, when I relaxed after I went away to college. Then, I started getting my hair washed every week and it grew till about 2 inches away from armpit length. But color and overprocessing caused a lot of damage. Since then I've been on a rollercoaster from grazing shoulder length to about an inch below, so I'm on a mission to brastrap length!

As far as the supplements, the Amino acids probably helped me the most. I did HF37 in April, and starting in May I took Puritan's Pride Amino 1500. I have gotten 3/4 in to an inch all around with those each month. I'm not sure if the alfalfa has done too much for me though.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
thanks for sharing! i like your blowout and your updo pics in your May album. happyhairgrowing!!! :grin: