Newbie saying HI!!!!! (Longish)

Gibsongal

Hello all. I'm a long time lurker, finally, finally joining the ranks.:yay::yay::yay: I have been natural for about 4 years, but I wasn't kind to my hair in the past and of course I wasn't able to retain length. I think I should have been at least SL by now, but I've had some setbacks.

1. Using the Denman. I loved it; it hated me.:ohwell:

2. Stopped using Henna. With good reason. I got a hold of some bad henna that I was allergic to and it caused bald spots! After reading the boards I knew that all henna were not created equally, but I never expected that! Anyway, I recently found some Jamila henna, did a skin test and it looks good so far. I hope it works because I love me some henna!

3. Stopped using UBH DC when I ran out. My hair thrived with this stuff.

4. Stopped using Wave Neuveau (sp). The only thing that can keep my hair moisturized properly. I thought could make my own replacement. :rolleyes:

Anyway, with my staples back in my life, hopefully I can get back on the right track.

I just want to thank all of you ladies for sharing your wonderful advice and your wisdom!:worship2: Without ya'll I really don't know where I'd be. Prolly somewhere picking my hair up off the floor.

BTW I have a horribly outdated fotki, but it's there. No password. Be kind, y'all.

Edited to add: My Fotki has been closed. Guess I forgot to pay em. Sigh...oh well..:perplexed

Last edited:
:welcome: I hope you achieve everything that you aspire to. Indeed, this is a wonderful resource for learning about our hair! :yep:

Back