Newbie/Lurker Saying hello and many thanks

foxieroxienyc

Hey guys I've been a lurker on the forums for a while, and I'm finally ready to step out, say hello, and become an active member of the community.

I wore weaves for two years straight, my hair never saw the light of day except my edges... Bad news with that is that I didn't take enough care of them (lot of heat styling and forgetting to sometimes wrap my hair up at night) and as you can guess breakage occurred. I recently decided to let my hair out and to rock my own tresses, but I wanted to do so without ruining my healthy hair (all that time up there, my hair got a chance to rest and went from afro to shoulder length, thick, gorgeous hair - and that's AFTER a trim to even it out due to the edges). I never thought that I'd love my hair as much as I do! I've never been the type to know how to truly take care of it or style it well. This site and you all have inspired me sooo very much. I'm already seeing improvements, I feel confident washing and conditioning, and even styling myself. I still plan on seeing my stylist for now every two weeks, but I'm now thinking of pushing it back to every three weeks, or once a month. I pre-poo/wash/deep condition/moisturize/style 2x a week, moisturize daily sometimes 2x a day when I wear my hair in a ponytail. I wear it up most days, although I prefer messy up do's (w/ clips and banana clips) and ponytails to buns, but I do switch it up. I wear it down maybe 1x a week during the weekend, but not very often. Sometimes I dry roller set and spray a bit of leave-in and let it air dry to give it some body and bounce if needed. And at night, I pin curl or occasionally cross wrap and sleep with a satin bonnet.

I'm no longer heat styling, I've got a great regimen up and running and I'm learning more everyday. I'm SL right now, but my goal for June 2008 well be to hit APL (although I'm LOVIN my SL tresses - but I like the challenge of getting my hair to a level it's never been). I hope to be able to give back to you all along the way as much as I've received!

:drunk: Roxie

Welcome to LhcF... Girl I want your stomach muscles... lol. Hope you enjoy it here and learn a lot.

Welcome fellow beautiful LHCFer! Welcome to our happy place! When I first started here, I had shoulder length hair and I have grown amazing lengths... you will too! BTW your body is awesome!

WELCOME!!!! :newbie:

Girl, have fun here!

And while you're at it, you know, I could really use some diet and exercise tips. ;) :kiss:

welcome!!!

and...

feel free to spill ur fitness regimen, because that stomach is out of control!

Thanks ladies for the warm welcome! I'm learning to care for my hair, the way I care for my body. I'm a personal trainer among other things (in the arts - professional dancer and actress), so I'll hang out in the Diet and Health area as well to answer questions (trainer for 10 years!). I dont mind giving fitness related advice either, just PM a chick, :).

Rox.

Back