Newbie here experimented with a HENNA mayonnaise!

bebezazueta

This was my second henna application and wanted it to be a moisturizing experience this time. I used Reshma Henna (100 g) and added enough water to make a thick paste. Then I mixed in Castor Oil, Amla Oil and Shikakai Oil into a mayonnaise consistency. About a tablespoon of each. I let sit overnite to release the color.

Application was easy and so was the rinse out. My hair is so shiny and moisturized afterwards. I plan to henna monthly with this recipe. I washed out with V05 Moisture Milks and DCed with Skala Ceramides G3 and coconut oil.

See my ingredients, henna mayonnaise and results attached.

HHG!

Attachments

• oils.jpg
    oils.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 49
  • henna mayonnaise.jpg
    henna mayonnaise.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 44
  • henna result 1.jpg
    henna result 1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 49
  • henna result 2.jpg
    henna result 2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 53
  • almost APL.jpg
    almost APL.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 55

Pompous Blue

What a winning Recipe! Your hair turned out beautifully.

Did you wash your hair beforehand? And did you oil your hair?

How long did you let the mix stay in?

Again, beautiful results.

bebezazueta

I cowashed my hair first and sealed with coconut oil the nite before I hennaed. I let the henna sit for 5 hours.

Thanks ladies!

grow

it looks great!

btw, are you permed?

if so, how close to or from your perm when you did this treatment?

thanks!

bebezazueta

it looks great!

btw, are you permed?

if so, how close to or from your perm when you did this treatment?

thanks!

Thanks! I'm loving your hair too! Awesome progress!

Yes I am relaxed. My last relaxer was 2 weeks ago. I use Silken Child relaxer and it gets me pretty straight. Henna is really boosting my retention. I got a hair strand caught in my headboard and it did not rip out my scalp. LOL! Don't even ask how that happened. But my hair is definitely stronger because of Henna.

grow

Thanks! I'm loving your hair too! Awesome progress!

Yes I am relaxed. My last relaxer was 2 weeks ago. I use Silken Child relaxer and it gets me pretty straight. Henna is really boosting my retention. I got a hair strand caught in my headboard and it did not rip out my scalp. LOL! Don't even ask how that happened. But my hair is definitely stronger because of Henna.

that getting the hair caught in the headboard is hilarious!:lachen:
thanks for commenting on my progress...for the first time in my life, i too, know what it's like to get my hair stuck in the headboard!!!:lachen:

i've really wanted to try henna for ages, but been apprehensive because of my perm, but now that i'm seeing your fantastic results, i think i'm gonna have to give it a try!:rolleyes:
beautiful, just beautiful!!!:yep: