My Sexy Black Henna/Indigo Hair (PICS INSIDE)

OMG!! I did the same exact thing last week (except for adding oil to the indigo) and got beautiful results as well.

Michelle Obama's blinging hair was my inspiration. I did get some minor breakage, but that's because my hair is really fine. But the breakage stopped with my next deep conditioning.

I think I'll try adding oil to the indigo the next time to see what happens.

OP, your hair came out gorgeous!!

Bumping again and also to ask a question:

i.e. does the initial appication of the Henna (1st step) and then subsequently covering it with a plastic cap not lead to you getting a reddish tint as opposed to Jet black hair.

I have the lush Caca Noir and the directions say not to cover if you want black hair?

Also is it possible to mix the Henna / Indigo with a Amla Powder, Black Tea, Oil and Yogurt Mix as opposed to water?

TIA ladies :grin:

i love the color. How do you avoid the extreme dryness after? I've done a similar process 3 times now and each time my hair becomes extremly dry afterwards.

Your results are lovely and thank you for posting the steps. I'm considering henna/indigo to cover a few gray hairs. :)

I printed the OP out two years ago when this was originally posted, so I could follow the instructions step by step and still have yet to do it. :ohwell:

I have to now though because my grays are starting to get on my nerves. :mad:

Thanks so much for this. I BKT'd over the weekend, so I'll wait for a few weeks, but it is time for me to darken my hair.

Your hair looks nice, thick, and healthy!!! :)

Back