New Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy & Moroccan Argan Oil collections

Aireen

The Organix Renewing Moroccan Argan Oil Renewing Treatment sounds soooo yummy! :lick: Hope they bring it to Canada.

ambs_0587

Can the Organix Brazilian Keratin but used on relaxed hair? I know the Garnier Blow Dry Perfector couldn't. Are they similar?

Last edited:

Mz.Shazia

@Mz.Shazia
can u tell me if the brazillian flat iron spray is like a sheen spray or is it a wet spray?
Does that make sense?
For instance, if i spray it on dry hair to flat iron....will it make it wet or damp? I'm looking for something that is not supposed to be used on wet hair.

i've been wanting to buy it but get hesitant

Yeah its a wet spray

VinDieselsWifey

@lilikoi i went in CVS to get the ingredients to the keratin treatment:

Water, oxoacetamide, carbocysteine, oxoacetamide amino acids, polyquaternium 67, behentrimonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol, peg-90, Shea butteramodipropyl trimonium chloride, Shea butter, cetyl ester, isopropylpalmitate, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicol, dimethicone crosspolymer, methyl chloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazoline, fragrance, silanetriol, panthenol

it doesn't look like it has formaldehyde in it but i will have to google some of those ingredients

it doesn't have keratin in it either :look:

ETA: when i googled the 2nd & 3rd ingredients this link came up
http://www.easykeratin.com/products

almost of all the same ingredients as the Easy Keratin product

according to this website, http://www.biokeratine.fr/bio-cysteine-straightner-treatment-500ml.htm, oxoacetamide carbocysteine is a substitute for formaldehyde. interesting...have they finally invented a truly formaldehyde free keratin treatment?

Last edited:

jerseygurl

Not a new member
I think with the garnier fiasco, the cysteine reacted with the sodium hydroxide to create that straightening effect. Cysteine can be use as a straightener by itself but the effect is weak and can be enhanced by combining it with lye even in small quantities.

I think I will try the organix BKT. I wonder if I can try it on the nape of my hair which is already natural :look:

Last edited:

Napp

Ms. Nobody
@lilikoi i went in CVS to get the ingredients to the keratin treatment:

Water, oxoacetamide, carbocysteine, oxoacetamide amino acids, polyquaternium 67, behentrimonium chloride, cetearyl alcohol, peg-90, Shea butteramodipropyl trimonium chloride, Shea butter, cetyl ester, isopropylpalmitate, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicol, dimethicone crosspolymer, methyl chloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazoline, fragrance, silanetriol, panthenol

it doesn't look like it has formaldehyde in it but i will have to google some of those ingredients

it doesn't have keratin in it either :look:

ETA: when i googled the 2nd & 3rd ingredients this link came up
http://www.easykeratin.com/products

almost of all the same ingredients as the Easy Keratin product

according to this website, http://www.biokeratine.fr/bio-cysteine-straightner-treatment-500ml.htm, oxoacetamide carbocysteine is a substitute for formaldehyde. interesting...have they finally invented a truly formaldehyde free keratin treatment?

i am already givng it the side eye because it doesnt even have keratin. how is it a Brazilian keratin treatment?:perplexed

Sunshine_One

Has anyone tried the Organix Brazilian Keratin poo and condish with out doing the treatment? I'm wondering if maintenance products will work well for my natural hair when I flat iron.

VinDieselsWifey

i might go pick this up from Ulta since they have a coupon for $3.50 off $10. but i don't have a quality blow dryer yet so don't know when i will test it out. the reviews on amazon have been good so far though.

drappedup

I almost bought the 30 day treatment, but I was hesitant. I haven't had a relaxer since November of 09......that's long enough to try this product, right? Any other ladies want to weigh in on their experiences?

I'll probably end up buying it eventually.

Prudent1

I brought the 30 day treatment and the flat iron spray but don't know when I will give them a try since I don't straighten often:look:. They were on sale and I liked knowing it was formaldehyde free. The reviews on amazon seemed positive but y'all know how that is:rolleyes:. What works for some will not work for others.

the keratin thing sounds scary i dont think i would ever use it i would probable just do the regular BKT treatment at the salon i prolly would do it all wrong and wind up jacking up my hair!

empressri

i used the moroccan oil conditioner as a leave in yesterday after washing and dc'ing with silicon bambu....im VERY shocked! my hair feels sooo soft! and it smells good too. my hair kind of looks like whatever now but it's soft and shiny. didnt expect that from a drugstore condish!

curlycrocheter

BUMPING again. I saw this at CVS and I'm very interested in trying this for the summer since I prefer to keep my hair straight. I'm not worried about my curls too much because my hair can handle high heat. Any more reviews??

JBunnie

I bought a good amount of these products. I've stopped using them all.

Brazilian Keratin 30 Day Straightening Treatment: never used it, I got too scared.

Brazilian Keratin Flat Iron Spray: It didn't help my hair situation whats so ever. It actually made it worse. Puffy city! Nowhere as sleek as when I would flat iron my hair without it. My sister used (or maybe she still uses it, I'm not sure I'm usually asleep when she does her hair) it and to me her hair was puffy too. But I always ask my sister to let me do her hair so I might be biased.

Shimmering Keratin Oil: very greasy for my fine strands. I thought it would help keep my hair sleek for my ponytails and top knots. no such luck.

Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo: Smelled great, but stripped my hair of moisture. I didn't want to believe it though and I used it (and the other Moroccan Argan Oil products) for an extended period of time because I wanted it to be a cheaper alternative to the actual MoroccanOil Products. In reality I got what I paid for.

Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner: Better than the shampoo. It did moisturize but not as well as the actual MoroccanOil Moisture Repair Conditioner does.

Moroccan Argan Oil Intensive Treatment: Basically the same as the conditioner. It moisturizes but nowhere near as much moisture that I actually need. (Especially after my hair being stripped by the shampoo)

Moroccan Argan Oil Penetrating Oil: Again, something that was too heavy for my strands. I admit that I never tried the light variation though, or the weightless healing oil for that matter.

I just find that I get my money's worth using the MoroccanOil products. I started using the Organix products because I first used the MoroccanOil Treatment and I was totally amazed by the results, but I still didn't want to pay the money for the products. And though I noticed some of the downfalls of the Organix line prior to heavily using the MoroccanOil products (like the drying of the shampoo) I tried to convince myself that it was good for me because the products derived from such a great product line.

And there was some controversy behind the Organix line touting such a name but not being organic in any which, way ,shape or form

Last edited: