New Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy & Moroccan Argan Oil collections

VinDieselsWifey

i was in CVS today and saw these new products by Organix. They look interesting but i didn't let my inner PJ get the best of me. :lol:

The Brazilian Keratin line even has a treatment that supposed to work for up to 30 days. i did see some kind of cysteine in the ingredient though. the shampoo & condish are sulfate & sodium free. they also have a flat iron spray.

this is the only thing i have found so far:
Organix -brazilian keratin

Organix -moroccan argan oil

http://nouveaucheap.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-organix-brazilian-keratin-therapy.html

Has anyone used these yet?

Last edited:

VinDieselsWifey

yeah i'm leery too. i read some bad reviews about that Garnier Blow Dry Perfector. :nono: it had some type of cysteine in the ingredients too.

sikora

The moroccan oil deep conditioner looks interesting. I'll have to check Bed, Bath and Beyond

2tonzafun

I saw it yesterday too. Look forward to hearing opinions on it. I opened the box to get to the directions even though I know I won't be using it anytime soon.

Coffee

I've used the Moraccan Argan Oil condish and it's really very nice, and moisturizing. The reviews I read didn't give the oil very high marks so I passed on purchasing it.

ChristmasCarol

Used the Argan Oil Conditioner this morning for the first time and I really like it! Left some in and my still feels very soft and silky many hours later. This will be a staple. I'd like a big bottle, but I only see the small ones at local stores.

BTW, I'm appox. 21 months into a 30-36 month transition. Both my relaxed hair and my natural hair responded well.

empressri

i saw that in cvs. the straightener reminded me also of that garnier stuff that tears your hair up so hell no but that conditioner has some crazy silicone in it that my hair might hate so i put it down.

lettieg27

Have any oh you ladies tried these products yet, I think the DIY keratin treatment would be phenomenal if it worked and at a fraction of the cost of real keratin treatments.

ChristmasCarol

lilikoi

Here are the ingredients, sweetie:

Deionized water, behentrimonium chloride, cetyl alcohol, glycol stearate, glycerin, dimethicone, cetearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, parfum, Argan Oil, Cocoa Butter Extract, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Aloe Leaf Extract, panthenol, tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM hydantoin, methylchlorothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, red 40, yellow 5.

Sorry 'bout any typos, I'm using my iPhone.

lilikoi

sipp100 Thanks! Are these the ingredients for the conditioner? What about the 30-day brazilian keratin? Is it applied and flat ironed like a regular BKT? What's the active ingredient? A woman needs to know! ;-)

iri9109

i saw the moroccan oil collection in walgreens today...it looked delicious...but i passed on it for now...i dont like the regular organix condishes b/c they have 0 slip, but i might try the deep treatment one day.

Mz.Shazia

lilikoi-Yes it is applied like regular BKT treatment and flat ironed in. I purchased this treatment about 2 weeks ago and it worked like a dream ......BUT this 30 day waiting period to see if my curls will fully return is torture!

Im a natural 4a and I used it on my leave out for a weave and after about 3 washes I got about an inch or so of 3C curls form from the roots and the rest is STILL bone straight!
SMH im getting nervous....I started using sulfate POO's too speed up the reverting process *crossing my fingers*

Napp

Ms. Nobody
lilikoi-Yes it is applied like regular BKT treatment and flat ironed in. I purchased this treatment about 2 weeks ago and it worked like a dream ......BUT this 30 day waiting period to see if my curls will fully return is torture!

Im a natural 4a and I used it on my leave out for a weave and after about 3 washes I got about an inch or so of 3C curls form from the roots and the rest is STILL bone straight!
SMH im getting nervous....I started using sulfate POO's too speed up the reverting process *crossing my fingers*

can you list the ingredient of the keratin treatment. i have been wanting to research them for a while and i cannot find them online. im worried for you! have you tried shampooing with a sulfate poo? i am very skeptical of a drugstore keratin treatment especially after that garnier crap!

ImanAdero

@lilikoi-Yes it is applied like regular BKT treatment and flat ironed in. I purchased this treatment about 2 weeks ago and it worked like a dream ......BUT this 30 day waiting period to see if my curls will fully return is torture!

I had pretty much the same results with this...

I didn't like it.

Doesn't help I put color in my hair 2 weeks after lol. BUT STILL! Don't try it if your'e natural and like your curls. I think the heat is just too much as it would be with any BKT treatment...

Mz.Shazia

Napp....Yes I have started using sulfates shampoos to see if that will speed the reverting process up and it seems to have helped some....but im still extremely nervous!
I will post the list of ingredients when I get home.

*On a sidenote I loved the flat iron spray I used it to flat iron my weave and it worked wonerfully very light and smelled awesome!

Mz.Shazia

I had pretty much the same results with this...

I didn't like it.

Doesn't help I put color in my hair 2 weeks after lol. BUT STILL! Don't try it if your'e natural and like your curls. I think the heat is just too much as it would be with any BKT treatment...

So how long ago did you try it? and did ur curls ever fully recover?

ChristmasCarol

lilikoi

Yes, that's the list for the Argan Condish.

Don't know anything about the keratin treatment. I may purchase it this week, however. One of my DDs wears her natural hair straightened 99% of the time, so she can be my guinea pig. She won't care if her curls loosen permanently. :look:

lilikoi

I'm shocked to hear reports of straight roots. Every BKT I've done has left my roots reverting after the first wash...So, what's in this stuff?! I really, really want to know. Somebody please post them.

sipp100, i'd love to hear about the results on DDs hair!

Honey Bee

Ok, so I went to CVS last night and bought the keratin serum. I haven't used it yet and probably won't use it for a while cuz I don't straighten but once in a blue moon, but here are the ingredients:

dimethicone, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethiconol, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, hydrolyzed keratin (protein), theobroma cacao (cocoa butter) extract, cocos nucifera (coconut oil), persea gratissima (avocado oil), parfum
;
OT, but why did they put 'parfum' and not perfume. The whole bottle is in english, do they think it's classier? :lachen:

eta: I didn't get the whole line because I'm transitioning to texlaxed and I like my waves/curls/frizz enough that I didn't want to take a chance.

Last edited:

Dposh167

@Mz.Shazia
can u tell me if the brazillian flat iron spray is like a sheen spray or is it a wet spray?
Does that make sense?
For instance, if i spray it on dry hair to flat iron....will it make it wet or damp? I'm looking for something that is not supposed to be used on wet hair.

i've been wanting to buy it but get hesitant

Last edited:

ImanAdero

So how long ago did you try it? and did ur curls ever fully recover?

Well... I'm not done with the 30 days :perplexed

But still! I'm not sure how this will be because when I first washed it, the 6 inches closest to my scalp were puffy, like cottony, when in reality my hair has some sort of curl all around, while the ends were straight waves, like 2c/3a waves.

This could be heat damage more than anything, but if you're like me and enjoy your curls/kinks, don't do it... I don't know what I was thinking :blush:

Jenn22588

I bought the keratin treatment a few weeks ago. I should've waited until I have my baby to use it because even though there is no formaldehyde there is still vapors, its alot better than regular bkt though. I don't remember the brand I used before but this worked just as good. my hair frizzed up when I sweated but the curls were different when I washed. I've only washed once so far but I'm not worried about my curls coming back. I think its worth a try for people that don't want to spend the money on the more expensive products.

One problem other than the vapors I had was that it left my hair very dry. If I decide to use what's left in the bottle I will do a couple deep moisturizing treatments first.

Sent from my Droid