New Member: Country Life's Maxi Hair question

Fatima

New Member: Country Life\'s Maxi Hair question

Hi there,

I am a new member to this board. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I have natural past shoulder hair.

I am currently trying to revamp my vitamin routine (trying to isolate what exactly makes my hair grow).

I am thinking of discarding the GNC Ultra nourishair for Country Life's Maxi Hair.
Does anybody the best place to buy it, either in Canada or on the net? Any opinions on that formula, or better ones?

Also, I have seen 2 versions of it: one with 1000 mcg biotin (vitamin shoppe), and a new one with 2000 mcg biotin plus silica and MSM. Which one is the one in circulation?

Also, I am planning on taking Centrum forte, and sticking to EPO and omega 3 6 9. After I'll introduce stuff one by one to see what works and what doesn't.
I am on the pill and have eczema, partly a reason for taking all of those pills!

F.

pebbles

Re: New Member: Country Life\'s Maxi Hair question

Hi Fatima,

Welcome to the board! I take untranourishair and it goes well with me. I have heard that country life's maxi hair is excellent as well. Since the UNH is giving me some nice results I'm going to stay with it for now but will consider the maxi hair in the future. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

kasey

Welcome to the board Fatima!

I have never used GNC ultranourish, but I am considering getting the Country Life Maxi Hair. A good place online to get it is at www.webvitamins.com.

--kc

SVT

posted by Fatima
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Also, I have seen 2 versions of it: one with 1000 mcg biotin (vitamin shoppe), and a new one with 2000 mcg biotin plus silica and MSM. Which one is the one in circulation?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen the two different versions also, a blue label {2000 mcg} and a yellow label {1000mcg}. I tried getting more info from Country Life's website but it's still under construction. DRATS! You might need to call or email VitaminShoppe or contact Country Life for more info.

...and welcome to the board Fatima! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kitkat

Welcome to the board, Fatima. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't use Country Life Maxi Hair, but I think another member of this board does (Tracy, if I'm not mistaken) and I think she likes it a lot. I use GNC Ultra Nourishair.

Mahalialee4

Nice to see you hear Fatima. Looking forward to reading your hair care regimen. How long have you been growing your hair out? From a fellow natural, bra strap when stretched. Bonjour.

HOTCHOCOLATE

I just started using Country Life "Maxi-Hair" and I purchashed mine from Whole Foods (Texas). So far, I have not been taking it like I should /images/graemlins/smirk.gif I hate pills, especially "horse pill". Anyway, I have the yellow bottle each pill 1000mcg of biotin, I'm suppose to take 2 a day, but lately I've only done 1/day.

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue"> Hi Fatima! I'm in canada too. I was trying to tract down country life maxi-hair in toronto. I emailed someone at the company and she gave me this place and number where they carry it. Chemimex (604) 515-1211 I think its a Vancouver location.
Please let me know how your search is going. I really don't want to order it from the net. Shipping charges are soooo expensive and I'm not sure how many customs will let you have in one order.
I think this maxi hair has some really good components in it. And it would cut out taking a few other vitamins. I'd prefer to take one horse pill....then ten tiny ones and the cost really adds up to the same anyway.
I let you know if I find anything else out.

Fatima

Exactly caramelbarbie!!

I have ordered from the US in the past: between the shipping costs (up to 20$ US sometimes!!), exchange rate, customs (they've seized my mom's DHEA once), plus the tax over 50$ purchase... I'll go bankrupt over my hair!!! So I am trying to find somthing available here in Canada.

I am also trying to find a hair vitamin that will help me reduce the amount of pills I am taking. With Maxi hair, I'll be able to to cut on Horsetail and biotin a bit.
I'll try the Chemimex and let you people know how it goes.

F.

Fatima

@ Mahalialee4

I have been growing out since Jan 1999. My last relaxer was on sept 1998 after coming out of salon with a bleeding scalp. I decided it was over for me, but that was an easy decision as I had been relaxing 5 years only, with 15 years natural before that /images/graemlins/smile.gif
No transition, I shaved it off a few times to get rid of the scab. Now, I say past shoulder, but actually about bra strap when pulled.
Took me time to settle on a routine but here goes...

My regimen:

- shampoo: Creme of Nature for damaged (white &amp; green with yellow cap)
- conditioner: Shorea butter mask by Wilson (silicone power!! http://www.labo-wilson.com/eng/wilson/illipe.htm)
- Treatment: shea butter melted, overnight (pre-shampoo)
- Leave in: Olive oil

Shampoo and whole thing, once a week.
Style, 2 french braids most of times, individual braids sometimes when travelling or interviews, when I can enslave my sister for a few hours!!
I hate hands other than my own in my hair, even my mom's. I hate salons, I am never happy with them. I am trying as much as possible to be autonomous.

vitamins:

GNC Ultra nourishair, EPO (I have eczema) 1000mg, omega 3 6 9 1200mg, biotin 1000 mg, horsetail about 500 mg, MSM 1000 mg.
Started this about a month ago, and my combout hair has gone from golf ball to chick pea size. I don't check on length or growth though, because it's too complicated. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I will be ending this in December, take a 2 weeks break, and start over with the oils and multis as a base, and introducing the others one by one.
I want to know exactly what is working for me so as to cut the rest and save $$$.

Any sugestions?

F.

Fatima

Here is what I got from Chemimex:

-----
With reference to your inquiry for Maxi hair (new formula ) Country life. The
price is as follows:

maxi hair 30 Tabs - 25.60/bottle + GST
maxi hair 90 tabs - 33.0/bottle +GST

Postage is added to the cost (Canada Post). Delivery time is about 3 weeks.
Minimum order 6 bottles.

If you have any questions please feel free to call 604-515-1211
------

I think the first quote is 60 and not 30 Tabs.
Anyways, I wonder if it is not cheaper to order from the US!!!

F.

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue"> Hi Fatima!
I called too. I spoke to a man and he said that he'd call me back. He didn't give me all that information.
I've seen US sites where they only charge about $10us for the pills. *ponder* please let me know what your going to do. I'll let you know what the guy at chemimex tells me when he calls me back.
here is one of the sites where its pretty cheap
http://www.iherb.com/maxihair.html
is this the new formula?

Fatima

I have ordered from webvitamin.com
17.95$ shipping to ship 2 bottles!!! Shipping is almost as expensive as the pills themselves!!!! /images/graemlins/mad.gif
At iherb.com, it is flat 20$ for Canada. Both of them have the new formula, and so do Chemimex (that's what they told me).

Anyways, even like that, it is cheaper than ordering from Chemimex!!! /images/graemlins/confused.gif
I'll give the 2 bottles a try, and if convincing, I'll see if I can devise a scheme to get them cheaper (like sending them to someone in the US who'll bring or send them to me...)

F.

Fatima

It came this morning, so it was 17.95 for next day shipping, and it is the new formula. No taxes, no problems.

F.

nita4

Keep us posted on how they work for you. I looking for a good hair vitamin. Thanks

msladymam

Welcome to the board. I'm on my second bottle of Maxi-Hair, and just love it. I started with UNH which was fine, but have gotten great results with the maxi-hair. Can't say how many inches, since I chopped my hair off to become completely natural. I order my vitamins from Vitacost.com, great prices. If I remember correctly my 60 tablet bottle was $7.63. Not sure about shipping to Canada, but check it out. Once again, welcome.

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue"> Wow Fatima! that was fast! Over night shipping is $17? What about customs?? What was the total cost? (34?CAD)
Please let me know.......I wanta order them tonight too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Fatima

Total cost was 39.85$ US. Shipping was 17.95$ US to QC. No customs, no problems.

F.