New Challenge, Stay Natural in '08

I'll join too! I reeeaaaallllly need the support; this is my first time ever having my hair natural, and its definitely a struggle. I haven't had a relaxer in over a year, but I have been in braids all of that time until 2 weeks ago when I took them out :look:. I blowdried and flat ironed and then I found LHCF and I have now backed away from the heat :yep: I have been twisting out my hair, but the time it takes is just driving me nuts! But I am going to keep with it, and hopefully this challenge will keep me on task! :grin:

I'm in...I've been natural for almost a year now and although there are times I love it, I find myself thinking back to my relaxed days when the whole wash-condition-style time was MUCH shorter so I need this...temptation is strong!

I hope it's not 2 late 4 me??? I couldn't buy a relaxer over where I am if I wanted to...these relaxers are old!:lachen:I'm enjoying my new found napturality lifestyle.

OHHHHHHHHH...i had the dream! wasnt even a night dream but a 4 hr midday nap dream! I dreamt that i texturised the bottom 1/4th of my hair which is a looser texture anyways:rolleyes: i know, dont make sense! i put the perm in and immediately freaked tries to rinse out but it was already straightened:(...i immediately woke up! LOL

I'm new as well. I would like to join the challenge as well. I've been natchal my whole life (25 yrs), and for the past year or so I've been struggling with staying that way. So this will definitely be a challenge.

I'm in too. I saw that this thread was started a while back, but I recently cut off ALOT of thin permed hair and am loving the thickness, fullness, and yes, even the shrinkage of my natural hair. I started in the latter part of September giving up perms, and have not have one since. I'm waiting for Septmeber 2008 to see how much progress I've made. I WON'T GO BACK TO THE CREAMY CRACK!!!!!! NEVER! NEVER! NEVERRRRRRRRR!:spinning:

I'm staying natural in 2008 and beyond! I haven't had one thought of going back to relaxers, nor have I thought about getting a texturizer. I went natural because I no longer wanted to use chemicals. It would be pointless for me to go back to using them.

Anyway, I cannot wear my hair in an airdried wash n go either, especially since it is longer in length. I have pretty much gotten my hair regimen down pat. After washing, I just blowdry my hair out. There's no other way I want to wear my natural hair. It's easiest to deal with it when my hair is blowdried out, smooth, and fluffy. No more single strand knots, matted hair, or tangles for me! :yay:

To the original poster, do what works best for your hair. Do not worry about what other women can do with their natural hair or what they say you should do with your natural hair...do you! ;)

i want to join:drunk: i've been natural from the day i kicked out of the womb and i plan to be natural forever and i don't ever want to relax but i'm here to try and help.

I'm staying natural in 2008 and beyond! I haven't had one thought of going back to relaxers, nor have I thought about getting a texturizer. I went natural because I no longer wanted to use chemicals. It would be pointless for me to go back to using them.

Anyway, I cannot wear my hair in an airdried wash n go either, especially since it is longer in length. I have pretty much gotten my hair regimen down pat. After washing, I just blowdry my hair out. There's no other way I want to wear my natural hair. It's easiest to deal with it when my hair is blowdried out, smooth, and fluffy. No more single strand knots, matted hair, or tangles for me! :yay:

To the original poster, do what works best for your hair. Do not worry about what other women can do with their natural hair or what they say you should do with your natural hair...do you! ;)

Yay! I'm so happy you figured out a good regimen. I remember you posting awhile back about being frustrated. You are one of my inspirations!:grin:

Completely agree with the bolded!! I plan on staying natural in 2008 and beyond as well. I have had no thoughts or temptations to go back to relaxers.

I am not joining the challenge - but I am here for support.
I am never going back to relaxers - although I am always on the look out for a flat ironing break - or braids.....

I think once you have a regimen and you have OPTIMAL conditioning and the right products for your hair.- you can be a natural - with no problem....

Hugs ladies!:drunk::drunk:

I'm still natural! I didn't think I would be a few months ago, but I have been box braiding my hair ( no extentions) so I don't have to do anything but CW and go for 2 weeks at a time. I hate how long it takes to braid, but love that I don't have to think about it for 2 weeks! I thing I may press it this weekend, but I'm not sure yet.

Im having a hard time with this, this year in particular. I like wearing my hair straight, all the styles I do can be done on relaxed hair, Im about sick of reversion, etc. BUT i know my natural hair is SO much more healthier than my relaxed hair (even though I wasnt treating my hair so nice). And Im sure its better for my body (less chemicals) But jeez! I have to get on fotki and look at naturals to get past my feelings. I had to delete many relaxed friends fotkis because its so darn tempting. :nono:

Im having a hard time with this, this year in particular. I like wearing my hair straight, all the styles I do can be done on relaxed hair, Im about sick of reversion, etc. BUT i know my natural hair is SO much more healthier than my relaxed hair (even though I wasnt treating my hair so nice). And Im sure its better for my body (less chemicals) But jeez! I have to get on fotki and look at naturals to get past my feelings. I had to delete many relaxed friends fotkis because its so darn tempting. :nono:

:bighug:

Girl, if you want some inspiration...pm me and i will give you loads of links!! :grin:

Back