Neutral Henna?????

Pretty1008

I was wondering if any of you other ladies have heard of neutral henna??? It is said to provide you hair with the conditioning and shine benefits of henna minus the drastic change in hair color. I have never used henna but I've been transitioning for almost 2 years and have about 1 &1/2 inches of relaxed hair left, I don't want to alter the color I just want the benefits henna provides. So...... what have been your henna experiences?? Have you tried the "Neutral" stuff??

Foxglove

A drop of golden sun
"Neutral henna" is also known as Cassia. If you see threads on Cassia that's what it's referring to
From what I've read people have really good experiences with it
I may use it in the next few of months bc I liked the experiences of henna but I don't want to change my hair color

jamaraa

There's no such thing as "neutral henna"....cassia deposits a color (yellow) that won't show up on dark hair, but will show up as blonde on whatever greys/light hair you may have.

*Muffin*

Yes. Cassia Obovata. Also known as "Neutral Henna" or Senna. Like Jamaraa said, it's not actually neutral. It colors hair yellow (but it can't be seen on darker hair types) and enhances blonde hair and lightens gray hair. The only thing I find similar between cassia and henna is the strengthening affect, but henna has a stronger affect on my hair than cassia does. Henna also loosens my NG a bit, whereas Cassia does not.

Pretty1008

Thanks ladies, I was curious because I was hearing all this good stuff about Cassia, and wanted to try it, i think i will....