Question re: henna and semi-permanent color ("rinse")

longr

Hi all,

I have a question... I had been using neutral henna for henna glosses earlier this year to strengthen my hair. Unfortunately the "neutral" henna lightened my color quite a bit (it's now reddish brown when it used to be slightly off-black).

I'd like my black hair back! Is it safe to use a semi-permanent color on it or do I have to do the henna-indigo thing? I haven't used henna in at least 4 months...

Please advise.

Thanks

hothair

I've used tints over henna (actually colour too) check the brand but with the rinses you can.

Cleve_gryl

I was a henna head all last year, and decided I wanted to use a rinse also. I've been successfully and (safely) using a semi rinse once a month. I'm going to do a demi-rinse at the end of August :look:

Noir

Yes as long as the henna/cassia you used is body art quality and not compound you should be fine.

Why don't you try indigo instead? Henna/indigo is very popular esp on LHCF. That is what most of the women do.

PinkAngel

I've gone back and forth between henna, demi's & semi's. I agree w/ Noir; as long is it's BAQ henna, you should be fine.