Henna experts advice needed please???

Vintageglam

I like to do a Henna Indigo treatment every month or two to cover grey hairs and also just for the strengthening and conditioning benefits. I usually do this as a two step Henna (Lush Caca Noir) followed by Indigo.

Was therefore wondering if I could switch out the Lush Henna for Neutral and then follow up with Indigo???

Krystle~Hime

when you say for "neutral" do you mean, for cassia obovata(as it's not henna, but is also called "neutral henna") ?

if you're talking about this, cassia brightens and adds golden hues to blonde or gray hair. and as you have gray hair..

HTH

Vintageglam

Thanks Kirsty yes I mean Cassia. So I am assuming that I cannot replace the Red Henna for the Cassis in the two step process? Reason being is that I want to sleep overnight in the Henna and then do the Indigo step the next day?

cutiebe2

No, you need the regular henna..the brown color is what make the normally green indigo, black. You can sleep with the regular henna too! Many women do it with no problem.

Vintageglam

No, you need the regular henna..the brown color is what make the normally green indigo, black. You can sleep with the regular henna too! Many women do it with no problem.

Cheers thanks - this is what I was looking for !!!

I think I will prob make pre-poo glosses with the cassia as its supposed to be good for porus hair....

Vintageglam

Totally - but I usually use Henna Indigo as a means of colouring my greys every 1 -2 months, but its a messy process :ohwell:. Hence Why I am looking into Cassia which I can use on a more regular basis and sleep in overnight with less fear of ruining my bed linen. :look: