Needed: VERY VERY GENTLE Hair braider with extensions in Atlanta

softblackcotton

Hi Ladies!

I desperately need a VERY, VERY GENTLE braider in Atlanta. I have very, very fragile natural 4b hair which breaks easily with extraneous rough handling. Since I am always EXTRA gentle and careful with my hair, I have reason to believe that my hair growth is being stunted from the rough handling of various African braiders I have been patronizing for the last 2.5 years. I keep switching until I could find a good braider who is nice to my hair. My hair grows a lot while in braids, only to be torn out and broken by the braiders. :swearing: No matter how I wince, beg them to be very gentle, straighten,cond/ moisturize to the TEE, bring my own combs, they always manage to pull my hair out and break it to pieces. All my hard earned growth! :nono: I don't know if it's envy, carelessness, or just plain evil but I HATE THEM doing my hair! However, I really need my hair braided in extensions, because I am very physically active (gym 5-7 days a week), I swim, raft, and I am following the crown and glory method. So please! Someone please recommend a life saver braider who will treat my hair extremely gentle! I will be forever grateful!

Nonie

Have you thought of learning how to braid your own hair so you don't have to take chances with strangers? That's what a lot of people on the forum have done. Braids by Breslin I think is the name of one video that has helped people take matters into their own hands.

If you must find a braider, I would suggest you find one who works with kids. I imagine they would be very gentle at least in their braiding but I can't really say how they will handle your hair. Since they're sorta not usually told what to do by kids, I don't know how open they'll be to listening to you correct their methods, but at least you can have hope that they won't pull too tightly when they braid. A Google search led me to: http://www.curlstocuts.com/salon_services.php

Last edited:

softblackcotton

Thanks Nonie! I actually have done my own kinky twits and braids before and the result was I def need more practice :ohwell:. It took me about 3 days the first time and 2 days the second time. I have to work full-time and I have a wedding to go to Friday evening. So...I really need a braider. thanks so much for your advice though!

Nonie

Just to encourage you, even for someone like me whose been braiding my own hair for years, it's a long time since I braided my whole head in one sitting (8-9 hours). I usually split it over at least two days, sometimes more. I will wear hats in the meantime or when I have most of my hair in braids, I'll style it in a way that makes it look as of it's all done. And yes, you will get better with practice so don't despair.

What you can do if you find a braider (Does that link look like one you'd want to try?), is practice redoing those braids starting with the back and you can maintain them yourself, especially along the hairline.

There are some recs in the Salon Review Forum. Here are two threads on that:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=453604
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=238047

Last edited: