Need weave help...how many inches..

tniccoleh

Of weave hair should I buy for a bra strap/mid back look? I'm getting it done Friday and this is my 1st one so I have no clue! I'm about 5'3''. Also should 2 packs be enough? Does a cut and style ususally come with the price of the sew in weave or is it extra? (I know, I need to call the stylist and ask :spinning:). Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!!

divinefavor

I'm getting a full sew in weave on Friday as well. I am also 5'3" and I will be getting 2 packs of 12in hair. I think that may be enough for brastrap. Hopefully someone else will chime in to give you more accurate information.

Here's Amandita's (the person who will be putting my weave in on Friday) fotki of clients that she's done. She shows the length, the brand of hair and the inches of hair, and style. I used this as sort of guide for me.

http://public.fotki.com/amandita-bhm/

HTH!!!

tniccoleh

I'm getting a full sew in weave on Friday as well. I am also 5'3" and I will be getting 2 packs of 12in hair. I think that may be enough for brastrap. Hopefully someone else will chime in to give you more accurate information.

Here's Amandita's (the person who will be putting my weave in on Friday) fotki of clients that she's done. She shows the length, the brand of hair and the inches of hair, and style. I used this as sort of guide for me.

http://public.fotki.com/amandita-bhm/

HTH!!!

Thanks so much!!

divinefavor

I feel you girl!!! I decided to get the weave because I need a break from trying to figure out styles to wear that will continue to give me healthy hair and growth.

I can't wait to see our updated pics after we take the weave out. Here's to healthy hair growing with weave. :grin:

How long do you plan to wear your weave?

tniccoleh

How long do you plan to wear your weave?

I've been looking through some old threads and it seems that it can be worn up to 3 months..but since this is my first one...I'm just getting some BSS hair and will probably wear it for 4-5 weeks and if I like it and it works well I'm going to order some hair from Extentions Plus and try to wear it a little longer..like 7-8...maybe...:grin:. But if I like it I definately going to keep getting it done.

divinefavor

Yep me too! I'll be getting my hair from a BSS. I'm going to purchase the Outre Velvet Remy (suggested by the stylist). According to her I can wear for about 7-8 weeks. It's suppose to be a good brand. I'm going to consider Extensions plus if I decide that I like to wear weave.

This is so new to me...I'm still tripping off the fact that I even want a weave. It's gabulldawg's fault for posting that thread last week about the beautiful weave that Amandita did for her. :lachen:

tniccoleh

This is so new to me...I'm still tripping off the fact that I even want a weave. It's gabulldawg's fault for posting that thread last week about the beautiful weave that Amandita did for her. :lachen:

Same here! :grin: I never thought I'd wear a weave, but I'm really excited!! (DH is too :lachen:) I'm so boring..I've never done much with my hair. Hopefully with the weave I'll be able to get a littlt creative.

crlsweetie912

Hello:
:wave:
I don't know. If you want your hair to be BSL, I would get at least 14 inches. To me, 12 inches is maybe APL, or a little below shoulder length. If you look at most of the pictures in that fotki you mentioned Divine, the hair is at least 14 inches in most of those styles. HTH.

divinefavor

Hello:
:wave:
I don't know. If you want your hair to be BSL, I would get at least 14 inches. To me, 12 inches is maybe APL, or a little below shoulder length. If you look at most of the pictures in that fotki you mentioned Divine, the hair is at least 14 inches in most of those styles. HTH.

You're absolutely right!!! Hmm...I think I need to rethink this and possibly get 14in or 16in.

Thanks ladies for shedding some light on this for us! This is our first time and we don't have a clue. :lachen:

glamazon386

On me 14" hits about brastrap. I would need about 16" to hit midback. 12" hits a little below the shoulder on me. You should get at least 14.

divinefavor

I just picked up my hair at the BSS. I got the Outre Velvet Remy in the 12 in. Amandita said with that brand I'll be able to get APL in the 12 in. Plus I didn't want to pay more for the 14in. It was a whopping $137 for 2 packs of hair including tax. :spinning: My sew in better be the bomb for that price of hair! :lachen: