Need Moisturizer for Flat Ironed Hair

d-rock

Ok ladies, I flat ironed my hair on Saturday and it's still looking cute but i get nervous when my hair is straight (it just seems drier when straight and fragile) so I need a good moisturizer that is NOT water based so my hair won't lose too much of it's straightness but not feel like straw. Any suggestions?

shermeezy

"When life gives you lemons, make lemonade."
I have this problem as well. You can try using coconut oil. That usually works for me when I have my hair flat ironed.

d-rock

I have this problem as well. You can try using coconut oil. That usually works for me when I have my hair flat ironed.

You know what, that's what I've been using on my ends while it's straight. I'm probably gonna do that tonight and put it in two braids for the rest of the week.

momi

Coconut oil is too heavy for my hair - I like for my hair to swing!

I prefer Neutrogena Tripple Moisture serum for the first few days and then Jane Carter hair nourishing creme in the latter part of the style...

Also Design Essentials has a product that is called "silk" - it is really good.

Irresistible

Coconut oil, Aveda Brilliant Emolliant, Kemi Oil (any of those)

Avacado oil is really good but doesnt smell as good at the others

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
I'm having the same problem today. I flat ironed Sunday night and my hair is dry city. I may have to co-wash tonight.

Last edited:

A.Marie

Coconut oil is too heavy for my hair - I like for my hair to swing!
I prefer Neutrogena Tripple Moisture serum for the first few days and then Jane Carter hair nourishing creme in the latter part of the style...

Also Design Essentials has a product that is called "silk" - it is really good.

Coconut oil wore my hair down. I use Deep Brilliance Reflect and their Shine non-aerosol sheen spray.

PinkAngel

Coconut oil wore my hair down. I use Deep Brilliance Reflect and their Shine non-aerosol sheen spray.

I like a dab of Kera Care Creme Headress or Mizani Rose H20.

OT: Your hair is FIYAH! What color is that? I can't get over the shine and how healthy it looks....what a way to celebrate! Happy (early) Birthday!

A.Marie

I like a dab of Kera Care Creme Headress or Mizani Rose H20.

OT: Your hair is FIYAH! What color is that? I can't get over the shine and how healthy it looks....what a way to celebrate! Happy (early) Birthday!

Thank you! It's 3 different colors, but I know one is the Paul Mitchell "red orange". You can really see the transition of color in the back.

chebaby

i looooove me some keracare creme hairdress. it really is the best and i seal with coconut oil:lick:. it doesnt weigh my hair down because i only use a little bit, and it makes it shine.